THE BROWNS BOARD

Newt

Westside Steve

So as I've stated I've always been a Newt fan even if Obama sycophants think I'm stupid for it.

In honesty I haven't watched any of these debates save for the recaps on both partisan news channels.

I did watch the last one and that's a main reason I like the guy.

Nobody works off book like he does. Nobody in either party. Now I'm sure he had canned responses but hey kids that's part of the job. No excuse to hem and haw.

Romney (who I also like) seems to talk too quickly and often sounds nervous. He should have had an answer for the tax gag.

Paul sounds screwier the more he speaks. He really should never backpedal since his supporters like that that loose cannon aspect. And again he should have canned answers for the stuff you know they'll bring. Too bad as much of what he has to say sounds good.

I just can't take Santorum seriously. He isn't stupid and sounds much more rational than one may expect but he doesn't have Huckabee's charisma. 4 some reason I always picture him in a paper hat behind a soda fountain.

I do wonder (if the liberals are serious) why they liked Huntsman so well IF in fact he was actually the most conservative of the lot. Smacks of the briar patch to me.

And I was disappointed in Juan's race bating.

I still have qualms about Newt, especially letting his emotions take over the campaign recently, and will have to decide (if it gets to us) between him and Mitt. Shocking that anyone could get the class warfare machine running against net what with Newt's Tiffany's account and queen Michelle's lifestyle but....

Thoughts?

WSS

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going down a pointless road, but explain how Juan "race-baited"? Is that just your term for anyone who brings up race at all?

It's funny. Half of the country hears Newt talk about black people on food stamps, and how he is willing to tell them how working is better than getting food stamps, and thinks, "Is he f'ing serious?" And shakes their head.

The other half listens to that and says, "You tell 'em, Newt!"

This, of course, is the reason he's saying it. Not because it's some grand point. It's red meat. As we talked about before, Obama hasn't "put" more people on food stamps. As the Washington Post notes today, ""While Gingrich is correct in saying that more people are on food stamps than at any point in history, that increase has more to do with the economic downturn and changes made to the program under President Bush than with President Obama."

But boy, do you guys eat that shit up.

This is going down a pointless road, but explain how Juan "race-baited"? Is that just your term for anyone who brings up race at all?

Actually that's not far off the mark.

Is it insulting to suggest a Black work as a janitor? Is that beneath them?

Actually I think the idea of paying kids to do something would actually help them get used to a life in which something is required of you.

Whether you're Black or one of my own hillbilly kinsmen.

It's funny. Half of the country hears Newt talk about black people on food stamps, and how he is willing to tell them how working is better than getting food stamps, and thinks, "Is he f'ing serious?" And shakes their head.

One may have done that as the question was asked.

The other half listens to that and says, "You tell 'em, Newt!"

This, of course, is the reason he's saying it. Not because it's some grand point.

Of course it wasn't. The grand point was to play the race card. Congrats.

It's red meat. As we talked about before, Obama hasn't "put" more people on food stamps. As the Washington Post notes today, ""While Gingrich is correct in saying that more people are on food stamps than at any point in history, that increase has more to do with the economic downturn and changes made to the program under President Bush than with President Obama."

Wow!!! The WaPo blames Bush!!!?????

I'm shocked.

But boy, do you guys eat that shit up.

Actually I eat it up if a candidate thinks well on his feet as I said.

I'm sure the otheres wish they were as adept.

(and why am I not surprised that's all you saw???)

WSS

Wow. You just avoided every substantive point in that post.

Forget that it's from the Post. The facts aren't wrong. That's the point. You ignored the facts and attacked the source, as if the Post is some left wing rag. Pathetic. The point is that Obama hasn't "put" more people on food stamps. He's been president while lots more people qualify for them. He made minor changes to eligibility during the downturn, but the last major changes to eligibility were under Bush.

And let's get some facts straight, okay? I know you don't like them, but here they are:

- Just about half of the people on food stamps are children.

- The next biggest group on food stamps? The elderly.

- The next biggest group on food stamps? The disabled.

- Only 15% of food stamp recipients don't fall into one of those categories.

Newt knows this. What he also knows is that people like you don't, and you like the idea of the lazy black person who needs to be told to get a job. So that's what he keeps mentioning "the food stamp president." And going to the NAACP and telling them to get jobs.

What Juan Williams - and the other half of America - is reacting to is the notion that blacks are lazy and like taking food stamps instead of working, and need someone like Newt Gingrich to come and tell them that getting a job is better. This would be the race-baiting, Steve. And this is tailor-made for people like you.

You think the people who point out that this is race-baiting are the race-baiters, and then accuse them of playing "the race card." It's precious.

But let's have a real conversation about this so it doesn't end up in the usual ditch, or involve the word "race card." Which is just as tiresome as "class warfare."

In your mind, do black people need to be told that jobs are better than food stamps?

Stupid questions deserve stupid answers. Are you capable of using some common sense?

He's been president while lots more people qualify for them. blah blah. Heck.

It's odd. I didn't have any qualms about Sarah Palin.

But Steve's appraisal of these Reps running is pretty good. I do, however, take Santorum very seriously. He isn't all that

stately and polished. To me, that makes him far more regular middle class guy.

I am concerned that Romney is out of touch of every day people. But I'm also concerned that Obamao is a corrupt despot,

a marxist dirtbag that is probably going to cancel that pipeline to get his lefitist dumbasses voters out to vote.

Obamao has shown a profound propensity to lie out his rear, and even though, at certain angles, seeing Newt on camera reminds

me of Jabba the Hut... I think he will be surging in S. Carolina and other states.

He is the guy who, along with Santorum (who would make a great VP) who respects our Constitution, our American culture,

and our liberties.

Obamao and his revolutionary marxist dirtbag friends are a threat to our way of life and our freedoms. And he doesn't care.

Obamao and Holder have openly declared they will not enforce any part of any law that they don't like. And that they will

do anything they want to, outside of Congress, our Consitution, and even our Supreme Court.

No freakin wonder this dirtbag pres with dirtbag friends wanted his own civilian security force, funded and armed just like our military.

What he wants to do his second four years? It isn't good, and all of us real Americans will be his enemy, I guess.

He's already told his brownshits to "get in our faces". And he hates us owning guns.

I really wish Sarah Palin were president the last three years....

First, black is not a race, in the US it's a culture. The concept of race is a social construction. If you want to make it about "race" then that is your problem.

Secondly, a large percentage of the black culture lives in poverty.

Third, many poor people do feel that government assistance is better than working. Also, it is possible to WORK and get FOOD STAMPS both. The two are not exclusive of each other. Many poor people work crappy minimum wage jobs and get them. many people live off of the government teet because they are lazy. Many people work crappy jobs because that's all they can find. It's nice to tell them to go get educated.... but with children, having to work, and limited educational opportunities, it's not as simple as "getting an education and finding a job." Also, some people just aren't smart or motivated enough to get a better education.

Juan played the race baiting card in a huge way. Gigantic even. Most of the folks in the audience booed him for it.

But no, Heck doesn't see it? Heck could be in on top of a mountain of old lava bed, and he wouldn't see the sky if

if meant anything good about non-marxists.

Dumbass, he is.

Here's just one example. Back in the seventies, when I was in the Air Force, I worked in an all black office.

One guy was illegally on food stamps, and had applied for welfare. He just never reported his job because it wasn't civilian.

He laughed and said that if they ever caught him, he's just claim racism.

Another gal in the squadron, refused to take her turn at buffing the floor. Her reason was, trying to get her to take her turn,

was harrassment because she was a woman and she was black.

She lost that argument real fast. The guys in my office were disgusted just like everybody else.

Except for the illegal food stamps guy. He said I should go and get food stamps. He'd teach me to be "street".

He said "if you can get it, it's yours, man".

So, it's about a subculture. Hell, even Bill Cosby has talked about it. Even Allan West and Hermain Cain have talked about it.

But Heck? As always, Heck is "Sgt. Schultz".... "I see nothhhhh-innnnnngggggg" while he looks away.

dammit. I think that was another hyperbole. "sigh"

I don't like Newt, Steve, and don't believe he is Nominational - is that a Norm Crosby type of word - or electible.

He has a sorbid past and has a mean-spirited nature that won't sell.

Another thing is that his looks are - let's say - non-Presidential.

Loose cannon. Angry. Mean-spirited. Intelligent, but not in a smooth or likeable way.

Despite what Heck feels, I believe Romney has a lot of qualities that Newt lacks.

I am not crazy about Romney either but he will likely get the Nomination. Maybe due to the "big fish in a small pond'syndrome.

I don't like Newt, Steve, and don't believe he is Nominational - is that a Norm Crosby type of word - or electible.

I agree with John on this one.

I am sure that when Newt leaves the race he will have made a few million dollars to add to his coffers.

Newt does have a sordid past. And he looks like Jabba the Hut at certain times.

I don't trust him - his pelosi thing, some stupid things he has said in the past.

I'm trying to like Romney - he's a rich kid, says his Romney state level medcare thing can't work

on a national level. But when he admits to nominating very liberal fed judges to office, because

that's what the Dems wanted in return...

He doesn't stand on principle maybe? Santorum isn't all that perfect either. But he does stand on principle.

so far, he is the guy I prefer to win. BTW, I'm tired of the almost winning of nominations after only three states.

Everybody knows that there are 50 states... why don't they all count? (well, Heck's OBamao thinks there are

57 states... but he doesn't care about that.)

Oh yeah because she is such a great.... wait, what is she good at again? PE

Because she hunts and fishes and would protect Americans' rights' to hunt and fish

and bear their own firearms. She supports the Constitution. She is good at eating moose,

and she is 100% American minded. Santorum comes off whiney,

Newt comes off like Jabba the Hut, Ron Paul comes off like a psychotic serious killer in some movie,

and Romney comes off like Thurston Howell the III, of "Gilliagan Island" fame.

Obamao is Chavez minded, with a side plate of Castro and Che.

Obamao is not American minded at all. He's psycholitically disaffected from most Americans.

See, Steve? They eat that shit up, don't they? But if there's one thing the right hates it's when you play the race card.

I'll wait for you, Steve.

Wait for me?

For what Heck?

Who eats what up?

Sorry I don't happen to agree with the guys on this.

Some of them can't stand Romney either. So what? Is someone going to unfriend me or something?

I realize you're dutybound to hate the guy but oh well.

I'll bet there are more things we disagree on. So? Probably things I agree with yyou on. So?

But if anyone eats anything up it's you and the Dems who really want to introduce race into a situation where it isn't present.

Keep the troops fired up.

We get it.

And as I say I have my misgivings about Gingrich. And I'll have to decide who to vote for and why.

Then I'll worry about who hates me for that decision.

And the point (from your second assault) you make no point.

And yes, apparently many Americans need to be told that work is better than welfare.

Welfare isn't a major expense but it is detrimental to society when it becomes chronic. No matter what color you are.

WSS

I don't know what that was, but it wasn't answer. I'm not worried about what the other people are saying, other than that it proves my point about why Newt is doing what he's doing. Calm down. I meant I'd wait to hear your answer because I don't really give a shit about Cal's or Ghoolie's verbal vomit.

Let's get back to it. Newt isn't saying what you're saying. He's saying that blacks need to be told that they should demand jobs instead of welfare checks, and he would stand in front of the NAACP convention to deliver that message. (There aren't many white people at an NAACP convention, so we can cut the pretense that this message is supposed to be about welfare recipients no matter what their color.)

My question again: do you think black people need to be told this?

verbal vomit? Heck really does hate anybody who disagrees with him,

and isn't middle of the road enough for him to try to learn how to influence their vote.

After all, it's what he does for a living.

Learn how to manipulate, as in, the ends justify the means.

Depends on if it's accurate, I suppose.

Can you answer the question now? Or are you going to try and backtrack for Newt again?

Sigh.

Sure Heck I'll answer.

(though I'm shaking my head in advance of your faux outrage)

Simply put yes.

Unfortunately they don't need to be told by Newt Gingrich.

They need to be told by you. Or Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or the Black caucus or whoever is responsible for promoting the idea that they should expect to be seperate from the rest of America and that someone else is to blame.

Did you see Mattthews last night barking about reparations with his guests?

As a matter of fact anyone of any color or backgrouns needs to be told that hopefully from someone they respect.

Unfortunately that doesn't advance yourt agenda.

That said I have no idea why this minutae is so important to you.

WSS

Archived