THE BROWNS BOARD

#4 #22

The Gipper

I believe that with the right circumstance around them, a great number of NFL caliber QB can make it to the playoffs. Colt is no different, neither is Wallace for that matter. In fact Wallace is probably a little better than McCoy. If your defense only gives up 17 points a game and you have a 1,300 yard rusher with a guy who can break a 5 yard pass and turn it into a 70 yard TD play then yeah, your QB is going to succeed. But the problem is that those teams get exposed in the playoffs. Every team is elite when you get far into the playoffs. I want a QB that is capable of winning the super bowl, that is what separates the regular guy from Brees, Manning(s), Rogers, Brady and so on.

and RGlll is an elite nfl qb?

what are you his agent or just his 'down low' butt buddy?

it's amazing how you've hijacked all these threads and turned them into an anti-colt and pro manlove rgiii threads.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll ignore much of your stupidity just because of this alone. You get a pass for being uninformed and a dumbass.

But just a little FYI. I never said the Packers were going to franchise Flynn, I said that it's something they are considering, which they are. Not saying they'll do it because of the risk. Ever since I brought it up I qualified my statements with the risk involved. But the Packers are highly intrigued with getting a 1st round pick for Flynn, and that option is keeping them on their toes with what to do.

If Blackmon is there, take him: He's more of a talent at his position than RG3 is. His talent at WR is more rare, and the QB position in next year's draft is stacked.

If RG3 is there [99.9% chance Blackmon isn't available if this is the case] take him.

If RG3 was the pick, at #22 take Wright.

If Blackmon was the pick, at #22 go any of OL/DE/LB. There aren't many first-round OL: Only Kalil(T), Konz©, Glenn(G), Reiff(T), Martin(T).. and all are projected to be gone before 22 - but one could fall. I wouldn't be unhappy with Hightower/Wright/Mercilus/Ingram if no OL is available.

*They'll still probably get CB Minnifield at the top of the second.

*They'll still get an RDE which they need at the top of the third, or OL/LB if they went DE in the first.

*Two picks in the fourth, one for OL and another for LB/OL/DE, whichever of the three wasn't taken in rounds 1/3.

So at the end of 4 you have one new WR/LB/DE/CB, and 2 new OL. I'd be intrigued if the first round was two WR's - it could happen, but I'd doubt it.

and RGlll is an elite nfl qb?

what are you his agent or just his 'down low' butt buddy?

it's amazing how you've hijacked all these threads and turned them into an anti-colt and pro manlove rgiii threads.

I always suspected that Cleveland sports fans were the dumbest in the country, but this place proves it. You people are against picking a QB with great potential with the 4th pick but you people would rather have who? Blackmon? Richardson? Who? Who are we supposed to take in order to help the Browns win a super bowl? Do RB's win super Bowls? NO. Do WR's win super Bowls? No.

If we continue with this Colt experiment for one more year (which I've got money on it that we won't) and we build up the offense around him and end up going 7-9 next season. Then that wins Colt yet another year and the next year we go 10-6 and make the playoffs. Then we're almost stuck with this kid who doesn't have the skill set to compare to Rogers or Manning to name a couple. Then we decide that he's not winning us anything, but our record is only good enough to get us the 22nd pick in the draft. Now instead of getting the 1st or 2nd best QB in a draft, we're stuck drafting a 3rd or even 4th best QB in a draft. Therefore that sticks us in the rut of mediocrity for years to come. Great teams place their QB in position and then get late round talent to build around them. That's how a team is built.

I am not at all against drafting a QB or even bringing in Flynn, I am against trading up for one. If we get Tannehill or Foles or Moore or Keenum, and bring them in to compete with Colt? That is fine! Great! I'm not opposed to competition at all. We can use our other draft picks to get wide receivers, maybe a running back later, and help on the offensive line. My main issue is that I think there is a 99.9% chance that RG3 will not be there with the #4 pick and I can not agree with trading away picks to try to outbid others for RG3 when this team has so many other needs. If the Skins intend to give up this year's 1st, 2nd, 4th, and next year's 1st - we would have to beat that and I am not at all willing to do it when we have other needs.

If Blackmon is there, take him: He's more of a talent at his position than RG3 is. His talent at WR is more rare, and the QB position in next year's draft is stacked.

If RG3 is there [99.9% chance Blackmon isn't available if this is the case] take him.

If RG3 was the pick, at #22 take Wright.

If Blackmon was the pick, at #22 take either OT or LB.

*They'll still probably get CB Minnifield at the top of the second.

*They'll still get an RDE which they need at the top of the third.

*Two picks in the fourth, one for OL and another for LB/OT, whichever wasn't taken at 22.

So at the end of 4 you have a new WR/LB/OL/DE/CB, and either a first-round OT or RG3.

Do you know where Minnifield is projected to go? Is he supposed to go that high in the draft?

As for Blackmon, everything I hear he's not going to be anything close to elite. No where near Jones or Green from this year.

I always suspected that Cleveland sports fans were the dumbest in the country, but this place proves it. You people are against picking a QB with great potential with the 4th pick but you people would rather have who?

What's this "you people" shit?

We're all Browns fans, and a good deal of us want to upgrade QB.

Take it easy, you've been here three days and two guys want to kick your ass already.

Zombo

I am not at all against drafting a QB or even bringing in Flynn, I am against trading up for one. If we get Tannehill or Foles or Moore or Keenum, and bring them in to compete with Colt? That is fine! Great! I'm not opposed to competition at all. We can use our other draft picks to get wide receivers, maybe a running back later, and help on the offensive line. My main issue is that I think there is a 99.9% chance that RG3 will not be there with the #4 pick and I can not agree with trading away picks to try to outbid others for RG3 when this team has so many other needs. If the Skins intend to give up this year's 1st, 2nd, 4th, and next year's 1st - we would have to beat that and I am not at all willing to do it when we have other needs.

I agree that trading up to get RG3 isn't the best idea. I've said that over and over again on here. The problem is that we may get caught in no mans land if RG3 is gone. No other offensive player is worthy of a 4th overall pick. If Griffin is gone and we can't trade back, which I don't see happening if RG3 is already gone, then we'll probably take Claiborne. Then we may be forced to trade up from 22 to get Tanenhall. That's if we don't get Flynn via free agency or if we don't trade our number 22 pick to get Flynn if GB franchises him.

I'll ignore much of your stupidity just because of this alone. You get a pass for being uninformed and a dumbass.

actually, youre ignoring my "stupidity" because you can't argue your side. what exactly am i misinformed about...youre the tool spouting off shit with no evidence.

was it really going out on a limb to say GB may use the tag on flynn? way to go capt obvious...glad we have you around to remind us of shit we've been talking about long before you even got here.

good stuff like "everything i been hearing" is solid reporting...gotta tell ya. everything thing ive been hearing says youre a clueless twerp thats never seen good football. see how that works?

What's this "you people" shit?

We're all Browns fans, and a good deal of us want to upgrade QB.

Take it easy, you've been here three days and two guys want to kick your ass already.

Zombo

You people, meaning the idiots. If two guys want to kick my ass I live in Lakewood, I'm not hard to find. I can't help the stupidity on here. And I can't help that people are childish and make typical white trash comments at others. I've been to Browns games and see the majority of football fans, not really the creme of the crop of society. As I can see on here, most people make this shit their lives. Football is a distraction for me. I've had a few slow days and while searching some Browns stuff I found this place, seeing as how I had some free time over this holiday time I figured I'd talk some Browns with other fans. Turns out the vast majority of people are just as dumb as dirt. Sorry for those who aren't, I'm sure there are a few. But when you start in on the "der, yous must be butt buddies wit hims" and "everybody at my trailer perk sez yous a fag" I have to assume that those people aren't really the part of society that I associate with.

You people, meaning the idiots. If two guys want to kick my ass I live in Lakewood, I'm not hard to find. I can't help the stupidity on here. And I can't help that people are childish and make typical white trash comments at others. I've been to Browns games and see the majority of football fans, not really the creme of the crop of society. As I can see on here, most people make this shit their lives. Football is a distraction for me. I've had a few slow days and while searching some Browns stuff I found this place, seeing as how I had some free time over this holiday time I figured I'd talk some Browns with other fans. Turns out the vast majority of people are just as dumb as dirt. Sorry for those who aren't, I'm sure there are a few. But when you start in on the "der, yous must be butt buddies wit hims" and "everybody at my trailer perk sez yous a fag" I have to assume that those people aren't really the part of society that I associate with.

Isn't Lakewood where the gays are from?

Zombo

I agree that trading up to get RG3 isn't the best idea. I've said that over and over again on here. The problem is that we may get caught in no mans land if RG3 is gone. No other offensive player is worthy of a 4th overall pick. If Griffin is gone and we can't trade back, which I don't see happening if RG3 is already gone, then we'll probably take Claiborne. Then we may be forced to trade up from 22 to get Tanenhall. That's if we don't get Flynn via free agency or if we don't trade our number 22 pick to get Flynn if GB franchises him.

It's "Tannehill." But what makes you think Heckert is set on taking a QB in the 1st round? It's one thing to really want RG3 at #4, but we would never trade up from #22 to get some other QB. Heckert will draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. We didn't stockpile a bunch of draft picks just to throw them all away for 1 QB..

actually, youre ignoring my "stupidity" because you can't argue your side. what exactly am i misinformed about...youre the tool spouting off shit with no evidence.

was it really going out on a limb to say GB may use the tag on flynn? way to go capt obvious...glad we have you around to remind us of shit we've been talking about long before you even got here.

good stuff like "everything i been hearing" is solid reporting...gotta tell ya. everything thing ive been hearing says youre a clueless twerp thats never seen good football. see how that works?

How about the next time I'm in "da burgh" I give you a chance to say that to my face. I often eat at one of the many mad mex's when I'm around. Sometimes the one on the Pitt campus if I'm around downtown or I'm many times around Robinson.

And seeing as how I have a life I haven't been on a message board for years or months. Sorry for having a life off of the internet. I have a few weeks a year where I have almost nothing to do and this is that time so I jumped on here to talk some sports. Soon I'll be back to my real life while all you losers are still rambling on the internet about football. LOL

Isn't Lakewood where the gays are from?

Zombo

Typical homophobes. Are gays not excepted at your trailer park? But no, technically a lot of gays live just outside of Lakewood around 110th and Clifton area of Cleveland. But there are some still in Lakewood. Unfortunately to the GOP they don't have to register when they move so it's hard to keep track. But me and my fiance are friends with quite a few gay couple that live in and around Lakewood.

It's "Tannehill." But what makes you think Heckert is set on taking a QB in the 1st round? It's one thing to really want RG3 at #4, but we would never trade up from #22 to get some other QB. Heckert will draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. We didn't stockpile a bunch of draft picks just to throw them all away for 1 QB..

I disagree with that. You think this team is going keep taking 3rd round projects til they get it right in 20 years? I guess the only thing that can be said about that is we'll see what happens when it happens.

Are you opposed to Flynn? I mean, in all honesty, I think Flynn is the best option. He's had a few starts in the NFL, he's been in a very good offensive system for a few years and learned under a great QB. Spending a little money (we have the cap space) to bring him in and compete sounds a lot more sensible to me than trading away picks that we desparately need.

Are you opposed to Flynn? I mean, in all honesty, I think Flynn is the best option. He's had a few starts in the NFL, he's been in a very good offensive system for a few years and learned under a great QB. Spending a little money (we have the cap space) to bring him in and compete sounds a lot more sensible to me than trading away picks that we desparately need.

Hell, it's not my money, I don't care. I don't want them to put themselves in a bad spot cap wise, that wouldn't be smart obviously. But no, I'm not opposed to Flynn. I just don't know how much he'll demand in the open market. Maybe 5 years 50 mil with 20 of that guaranteed? I don't know, I'm just throwing out a number that kinda makes sense. What do you think?

So many things wrong with this sentence, I don't know where to start...

Zombo

In my experience with live debate this sounds like a person who has nothing to say. Also when you study the characteristics of most humans when they are trying to divert attention this is a classic tool used. Studying the human mind will give you great insight to what people will and tend to do when faced with adversity in a situation. In the white trash and right wing circle it's excepted speak to talk about gays, when confronted with someone who doesn't think homophobia is acceptable you tend to use phrases and terms that not only undermine the opposing viewpoint but you do so with no legit response to the problem.

I assume administrator has little to no criteria other than being a dumbass.

In my experience with live debate this sounds like a person who has nothing to say. Also when you study the characteristics of most humans when they are trying to divert attention this is a classic tool used. Studying the human mind will give you great insight to what people will and tend to do when faced with adversity in a situation. In the white trash and right wing circle it's excepted speak to talk about gays, when confronted with someone who doesn't think homophobia is acceptable you tend to use phrases and terms that not only undermine the opposing viewpoint but you do so with no legit response to the problem.

I assume administrator has little to no criteria other than being a dumbass.

First of all, your grammar sucks, which is particularly funny when you use it in a sentence to make fun of trailer park folks.

"Excepted" means "not included", so when you say "Are gays not excepted at your trailer park" you are using a double negative and you sound like a complete dumbass.

Secondly, when you live in Lakewood and you talk about my "classic tool" ... that is funny as well.

The third humorous thing is that you assume that I am a "white trash", "right wing" "homophobic" person who lives in a trailer park, when I'm actually a liberal-minded, educated person who lives somewhere that you will never be able to afford.

Finally, what humors me most, is that you come in here swinging your sweater-vest-wearing nutsack around at everyone that has an opinion different than yours without paying attention to the posters. I've actually been in Camp RG3 from the beginning, dicknuts, and support your argument with the others, I just don't like the way you carry yourself with my Browns brothers. You're a douche.

Zombo

First of all, your grammar sucks, which is particularly funny when you use it in a sentence to make fun of trailer park folks.

"Excepted" means "not included", so when you say "Are gays not excepted at your trailer park" you are using a double negative and you sound like a complete dumbass.

Secondly, when you live in Lakewood and you talk about my "classic tool" ... that is funny as well.

The third humorous thing is that you assume that I am a "white trash", "right wing" "homophobic" person who lives in a trailer park, when I'm actually a liberal-minded, educated person who lives somewhere that you will never be able to afford.

Finally, what humors me most, is that you come in here swinging your sweater-vest-wearing nutsack around at everyone that has an opinion different than yours without paying attention to the posters. I've actually been in Camp RG3 from the beginning, dicknuts, and support your argument with the others, I just don't like the way you carry yourself with my Browns brothers. You're a douche.

Zombo

Wow, excepted instead of accepted. When you're typing on a message board usually people don't pay much attention to that kind of stuff. I've had writings published so I'm not concerned with a message board typo. And I'm sure your trailer is very luxurious. Double wide I'm assuming.

And I can give a shit about your "Browns brothers". Internet tough guys that call names don't really impress me. Clean the sauce off your wife beater and get a life dip shit.

Wow, excepted instead of accepted. When you're typing on a message board usually people don't pay much attention to that kind of stuff. I've had writings published so I'm not concerned with a message board typo. And I'm sure your trailer is very luxurious. Double wide I'm assuming.

And I can give a shit about your "Browns brothers". Internet tough guys that call names don't really impress me. Clean the sauce off your wife beater and get a life dip shit.

Nice. Now you have three guys that want to kick your ass.

Do you like tailgates?

Zombo

How about the next time I'm in "da burgh" I give you a chance to say that to my face. I often eat at one of the many mad mex's when I'm around. Sometimes the one on the Pitt campus if I'm around downtown or I'm many times around Robinson.

And seeing as how I have a life I haven't been on a message board for years or months. Sorry for having a life off of the internet. I have a few weeks a year where I have almost nothing to do and this is that time so I jumped on here to talk some sports. Soon I'll be back to my real life while all you losers are still rambling on the internet about football. LOL

ya know the great thing about being stupid? those that qualify are completely oblivious to it. if you truely think youre the only one here that understands this topic, have a look in the mirror. youre not donald trump. at least in his case, he's actually done something with his life to act like an ignorant asshole. you....not so much.

for example to demonstrate your stupidity: using a broad insult like "anyone on the internet longer than me have no lives". hmm...how to dissect this....

1. you registered 2 months ago....is that "a couple weeks a year"? nice try changing the parameters to match your argument...

2. so, by your definition, you must have developed no life around November last year...

3. what logic...exactly...led you to the conclusion that anyone, let alone everyone, that posts on message boards have no lives? thats a solid fucking opinion if i ever saw one...

4. using grade school smack when talking with adults

5. lack of understanding your target audience....many of the folks here were sitting at the muni before you were born....

so, kindly go fuck yourself.....youre no better than anyone else. judging by your man-love for a QB that cant take a snap from center, id say you hardly possess the equipment to comprehend what the adults are discussing.

look...an ice cream truck!

#4 and #22...

I think that the combination of Blackmon and Wright would be pretty awesome! The only thing that concerns me is that is investing very heavily in the WR's. What happens if a Calvin Johnson type receiver comes out for the draft next year? There would be no room to bring in another guy and we'd have to cut ties with someone. It is good insurance you know, if one don't pan out then you still have a chance the other could stud.

I'd rather get a feared linebacker EARLY in the draft. One that will make our LB's much more improved. I don't think that we need a DE early in the draft, I tend to think that Marcus Benard will be the piece that we need opposite Sheard. Marcus was a beast for us and getting better every game until his accident. The guy will improve the line when he comes back for us.

I think that Fujita is a good vet, however he's slowing down and he getting older. We need a young stud to step in and learn the ropes before he rides off into the sunset. Put a guy like Burfict beside DQ and Cogong and our LB's become a strength.

Also, it goes without saying that we need a shutdown corner. Haden is good but he was exposed at times. I LOVE Haden, but we need to get another piece this year in that secondary, either CB or FS. I don't see Sheldon Brown or Usama Young as being the answer. With Ward coming back I think that it will raise Haden's level of play. Haden and Ward have a chemistry and with Ward out for so long this season I think that it effected Haden in a negative way. Plus, Wr's didn't have that Safety in the secondary that they feared being HIT by.

So, there are so many ways to go in this draft that I think Heckert said it best... It's gonna be hard to screw the #4 pick up. I trust Heckert knows what he wants to do. Let's just suggest and debate and not act like we know what he is going to do.

If we were to sign the Eagles WR Jackson and got Blackmon with the number 4 pick and took a Linebacker with #22, CB(Minnifeild) with #4 of the second round, then addressed OL with good draft prospect or FA, I'd be happy as a clam.

Ehhhh not a good thing to say man,especially here.

You gotta get use to this place, it's brutal. Learn to hold you're own, cause you make yourself look like the people you're insulting when you talk like that.

We're all Browns brothers.

There are five Studs coming out this year within the top 5 of the Draft. We have the FOURTH pick. There will be two guys to chose from. I say we HAVE to pick one of them, for there is a reason they are considered ELITE. Do I want R2D2, I wouldn't object if he's there at 4 but if he is and we don't take him in favor of Richardson or Blackmon... or even Kalil, I wouldn't object to that either. It going to take a boneheaded move to screw up this draft. The worst thing we could do in this situation is trade up, unless it's for Luck.. in that case I'd do it.

ya know the great thing about being stupid? those that qualify are completely oblivious to it. if you truely think youre the only one here that understands this topic, have a look in the mirror. youre not donald trump. at least in his case, he's actually done something with his life to act like an ignorant asshole. you....not so much.

for example to demonstrate your stupidity: using a broad insult like "anyone on the internet longer than me have no lives". hmm...how to dissect this....

1. you registered 2 months ago....is that "a couple weeks a year"? nice try changing the parameters to match your argument...

2. so, by your definition, you must have developed no life around November last year...

3. what logic...exactly...led you to the conclusion that anyone, let alone everyone, that posts on message boards have no lives? thats a solid fucking opinion if i ever saw one...

4. using grade school smack when talking with adults

5. lack of understanding your target audience....many of the folks here were sitting at the muni before you were born....

so, kindly go fuck yourself.....youre no better than anyone else. judging by your man-love for a QB that cant take a snap from center, id say you hardly possess the equipment to comprehend what the adults are discussing.

look...an ice cream truck!

When did I post? And it's true, the fact that you're that oblivious makes it even funnier of how stupid you are.

Archived