THE BROWNS BOARD

You Are Delusional If You Think The Browns Get Luck.

Rockefeller

When i looked at the other thread i started laughing at how ignorant some of you are.

Some of you ACTUALLY think luck will/can fall to the 4th pick.... hahahha seriously??? seriously?

some of you think the browns are the front runner to trade for luck... uhhh with what? Youll have to give up AT LWAST 3 first rounders(not a big deal yet) plus cribbs, Phil taylor, sheard, joe thomas. AT LEAST. where does that leave the browns? with a cant miss prospect but no team...

Or you could keep all of your picks/players and draft RGIII who could be good.

The Browns are in the best position draft picks wise to trade for Luck. Even though they will have to pay over value for the pick they wouldn't have to go crazy like you claim. Oh and don't pay attention to the guy who said Luck could fall to us. New guys just don't know when to shut their damned mouths.

NOBODY thinks Luck will fall to the #4 spot, so for the sake of saving yourself from further embarrassing questions, please stop typing dumbshit stuff.

The Colts don't want Cribbs, or Taylor, or Sheard, or the contract for Thomas, if they go with Manning. The Colts are looking for 2012 Draft picks.

If any team is in line to trade up for Luck, it is STILL the Browns, with our extra 1st round pick.

Apperently you're illiterate too. http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21364

The colts dont have anybody except manning. They need all the decent players they can get. Your "extra" first round pick is basically nothing more than a high second round pick if you REALLY think it matters.

The colts wont only be going for 2012 picks. They will go for 2012+2013 plus as many players as they want.

The colts most likely will take luck anyway even if manning can play and they know well ahead of the draft, because luck is the best prospect to come out since manning, they would be dumb to not take him and sit him if need be.

RGIII is a way better value for the browns, because they dont have to give up anything for him ecept their 1 pick.

AARRRGGHHH!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!! One, single, lone dickbrain thinks the Colts won't draft Luck or trade the pick down...

... so, it must be true!!!

EINSTEIN SHIT, RIGHT THERE!!!

Hey... moron... IF the Colts aren't taking Luck, (and that's a HUUUUUGE 'if,') THEY... ARE.. TRADING... DOWN!!!!!! You dolt.

Why in the fuck would the Colts just pick somebody else, instead of getting multiple, multiple, multiple picks for Luck, genius???

Ugh. I feel gross, for even responding to such a stupid idea.

Luck's main weakness is his lack of vertical prowness. Even in tonights game, alot of his success came with short compact throws and timing routes showing his great touch. To some teams, that may be a turn off for such a high slot that want hard, long throwers. RGIII has him beat by alot on that area.

Of course the Rams are going with new schemes and so may the Colts. Luck is a baby bonus. If he magically falls or the Colts want RGIII and we dicker to something agreeable, so be it. If he doesn't, no harm or foul. The Browns system is so QB heavy, we are going to have to take them quite often. We were probably one of the least talented teams in terms of QB roster in the NFL just as much as WR. I suspect both will be serviced this draft in the first 3 rounds.

AARRRGGHHH!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!! Some dickbrain thinks the Colts won't draft Luck or trade down the pick!!!

Hey... moron... IF the Colts aren't taking Luck, (and that's a HUUUUUGE 'if,') THEY... ARE.. TRADING... DOWN!!!!!! You dolt.

Why in the fuck would the Colts just pick somebody else, instead of getting multiple, multiple, multiple picks for Luck, genius???

Damn, you're dumb as fuck.

Of course the colts would trade down if they dont take him(tell the other dumbfucks that think otherwise) but if you think the browns will get him its a HUGE LONGSHOT. The browns are conservative and fuck up their draft picks more often than not. The browns CONSTANTLY have high draft picks yet have nothing to show for it except a 4-12 record, while the REST OF THE DIVISION IS IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Why the fuck do you think the browns are the front runners for luck? the colts are clearly the front runner and luck isnt someone they will pass on. If they do your extra 1st doesnt mean much with how low it is gonna be. The dolphins, seattle, redskins etc have just as much if not more in terms of overall to trade, especially in terms of players. The browns cant give up any players because they have only a couple decent players, and the colts would take the foundation of the team before they gave the browns luck.

I'm a realist and some of the dumbfuck homers on this board are straight Retarded.

Why the fuck do you think the browns are the front runners for luck? the colts are clearly the front runner and luck isnt someone they will pass on. If they do your extra 1st doesnt mean much with how low it is gonna be. The dolphins, seattle, redskins etc have just as much if not more in terms of overall to trade, especially in terms of players. The browns cant give up any players because they have only a couple decent players, and the colts would take the foundation of the team before they gave the browns luck.

You're right. You're realistic.... Realistically demented. Well done!

You think the Colts are looking for players from the Dolphins??? hahaha!!!! :D

Oh, no! Wait! They're trying to steal away all the talent from the Seahawks! MY BAD!!! :lol:

No, no, no!!! It's the Redskins! The Colts are desperate for their running back Roy Helu! :lol: :lol:

The Colts... want... draft picks. Not draft picks in 2016. They want 2012 draft picks.

There is no team, (not looking for a QB,) with as much 1st round firepower, as the Cleveland Browns.

I will not argue that point with you. If you don't realize that, you are beyond dense. Make me my large fries, okay?

AARRRGGHHH!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!! One, single, lone dickbrain thinks the Colts won't draft Luck or trade the pick down...

Well, I'm the one who posted it originally that Luck would fall to us at number 4. The Colts could decide that they want to take Matt Kalil with the number 1 overall draft pick- Someone who can help protect their face of the franchise in Payton Manning. If they trade out then what? They might not get their guy. He may not be their guy. They can select whomever they want, and you're the dumbass that thinks they HAVE TO take Luck or trade the pick. Who died and made you the Dingbat Dipshit Leader of the Fkuckwad Lickapricks Worldwide Organization?

What I'm saying is if they want Kalil they take him. If you have the guy you want, don't try to be too cute, you take him. If the Colts want Kalil, the Rams want Blackmon and the Vikings want RG3 or Richardson, then Luck WILL be there at four. So "poo" on you, you fortune telling dick. ;)

Why in the f**k would the Colts just pick somebody else, instead of getting multiple, multiple, multiple picks for Luck, genius???

"some of you think the browns are the front runner to trade for luck... uhhh with what? Youll have to give up AT LWAST 3 first rounders(not a big deal yet) plus cribbs, Phil taylor, sheard, joe thomas. AT LEAST. where does that leave the browns? with a cant miss prospect but no team..." Rocky Racoon

ROTFLMAO, you're about as dumb as the poster who suggested Luck will fall to four, if you think the Browns would give up that much for Luck. PS, you forgot to throw Joe Haden in on the deal.

Total agreement Cobra. If dad Archie gets his way- the Colts may well just draft Luck, and auction off Manning to the highest bidder. Can't happen? Joe Montana to KC, if you've forgotten.

If Indy wants to stick with Manning for a few more years, they'll just auction Luck off. Holmgren & Heckert aren't stupid- I'm certain they'll inquire what the asking price is. If it's too high, they'll pass. Dan Snyder might not though.

You're right. You're realistic.... Realistically demented. Well done!

You think the Colts are looking for players from the Dolphins??? hahaha!!!! :D

Oh, no! Wait! They're trying to steal away all the talent from the Seahawks! MY BAD!!! :lol: :lol:

No, no, no!!! It's the Redskins! The Colts are desperate for their running back Roy Helu! :lol:

The Colts... want... draft picks. Not draft picks in 2016. They want 2012 draft picks.

There is no team, (not looking for a QB,) with as much 1st round pick firepower, as the Cleveland Browns.

I will not argue that point with you. If you don't realize that, you are beyond dense. Make me my large fries, okay?

In the big picture 2 first round picks this year, With one being AT LEAST the 21st plus while trading the picks for luck doesnt amount to much. Especially when the other teams may be willing to give up their WHOLE draft for luck, or 3 first round picks 3 years in a row plus players and other picks. I dont know why you ASSUME the colts want picks this year only when building for the future involves more than 1 draft. Why do you think the dolphins and redskins and seattle didnt pick QB's last year? they knew this year they could get the top QB in a decade if they give up enough.

Like I said the browns are too conservitive and most of the time fuck their picks up.

And again the colts will select luck, they most likely wont know in april if manning is going to be there for years anyways.

"some of you think the browns are the front runner to trade for luck... uhhh with what? Youll have to give up AT LWAST 3 first rounders(not a big deal yet) plus cribbs, Phil taylor, sheard, joe thomas. AT LEAST. where does that leave the browns? with a cant miss prospect but no team..." Rocky Racoon

ROTFLMAO, you're about as dumb as the poster who suggested Luck will fall to four, if you think the Browns would give up that much for Luck. PS, you forgot to throw Joe Haden in on the deal.

Total agreement Cobra. If dad Archie gets his way- the Colts may well just draft Luck, and auction off Manning to the highest bidder. Can't happen? Joe Montana to KC, if you've forgotten.

If Indy wants to stick with Manning for a few more years, they'll just auction Luck off. Holmgren & Heckert aren't stupid- I'm certain they'll inquire what the asking price is. If it's too high, they'll pass. Dan Snyder might not though.

I didnt realize how fucking dumb some of you guys are until now.

Where did i say the browns would give up that much for luck? That would be the asking price from the colts, they have all the leverage in the world.

Look, there are some that don't see Luck as all that. There are some that like RG3 more than Luck. Hell it's just as likely that a team like the Redskins trade up to number 1 to Draft RG3. Nobody really thought that Denver would take Tebow in the first last year. Same thing with ATL trading all the way to 6 to pick up Julio Jones.. You never know who any teams are really interested in until it happens. Saying that, "this is the only way it can be done" just shows how small your brain is.

If I was the GM I would land Luck, Richardson and Kendall Wright all this year and call it a draft. We can stopgap for the next year, we've been doing it for 12 already. But I would do what I said and be the savior of this team 100 years from now. What I said above can be done, do you doubt it?

Well, I'm the one who posted it originally that Luck would fall to us at number 4. The Colts could decide that they want to take Matt Kalil with the number 1 overall draft pick- Someone who can help protect their face of the franchise in Payton Manning. If they trade out then what? They might not get their guy. He may not be their guy. They can select whomever they want, and you're the dumbass that thinks they HAVE TO take Luck or trade the pick. Who died and made you the Dingbat Dipshit Leader of the Fkuckwad Lickapricks Worldwide Organization?

What I'm saying is if they want Kalil they take him. If you have the guy you want, don't try to be too cute, you take him. If the Colts want Kalil, the Rams want Blackmon and the Vikings want RG3 or Richardson, then Luck WILL be there at four. So "poo" on you, you fortune telling dick. ;)

You're out of your mind if you think the Colts are going to take a LT ahead of Luck. Manning has maybe 2-3 more good years left, and sitting Luck behind him is a damn ideal situation. If they like RG III better they'll take him instead, and the Rams will take Luck, dump Bradford, or hold out for the highest bidder. And if the Rams take Kalil, the Vikes will play poker.

Really I hope Luck and RG III go 1-2, because that means Blackmon will fall to the Browns, and I'll be as happy as a pig in mud.

I didnt realize how fucking dumb some of you guys are until now.

Where did i say the browns would give up that much for luck? That would be the asking price from the colts, they have all the leverage in the world.

some of you think the browns are the front runner to trade for luck... uhhh with what? Youll have to give up AT LWAST 3 first rounders(not a big deal yet) plus cribbs, Phil taylor, sheard, joe thomas. AT LEAST. where does that leave the browns? with a cant miss prospect but no team...

I think you just did, am I missing something?

The Colts can ask for whatever they want- problem is who will be willing to give them their pie in the sky asking price? It won't be Heckert, that's for damn sure.

Honestly, I'd be tickled to land any 1 or more of these players:

Andrew Luck

Matt Kalil

Trent Richardson

RG3

Justin Blackmon

We should have 1 of these if not more come Training Camp this year.

I would be happy to take whoever is left at 4, trade the pick we got from ATL(essentially do what they did last year) and move back into the #5 spot and take the last one on the list!

Hey, there's no wrong way to do this and to limit your thinking by just blowing off what I'm suggesting is IMO foolish. The Browns have a HUGE OPPORTUNITY here and the possibilities are endless. I'm just throwing out ideas, if you don't like it, suck it.

What you have in the top 5 are as follows:

2 surefire starting NFL Quarterbacks

1 Probowl caliber Offensive Tackle

1 Legit true #1 NFL Wide Receiver

1 Probowl caliber 4 down NFL runningback

There's even talk about a #1 Shutdown Cornerback, a Beastly LB and partridge in a pear tree. There may be more after that as well by the time April comes around, after the combine numbers are registered. Who knows if this will even be the top 5 come april. RG3 could be #1 overall?

Honestly, I'd be tickled to land any 1 or more of these players:

Andrew Luck

Matt Kalil

Trent Richardson

RG3

Justin Blackmon

Hey, there's no wrong way to do this and to limit your thinking by just blowing off what I'm suggesting is IMO foolish. The Browns have a HUGE OPPORTUNITY here and the possibilities are endless. I'm just throwing out ideas, if you don't like it, suck it.

Please- hate to be mean, but learn some damn football before you post. Kalil is a LEFT TACKLE. The Browns happen to already have multi-time Pro Bowler Joe Thomas playing that position. You don't freaking draft Kalil- a LT @ #4, and switch him over to play RT. We DO need a RT, but STUD RTs can be found low in the first round- or even in the second round. And why is that? Because the demands of the position are far less than playing LT. Guys wind up playing RT because they're not athletic enough for the demands of playing LT. :)

Regarding Richardson, I'm not sold on the idea. Five of the top ten rushing leaders (including #1 Jones Drew of the Jags) are playing for teams that didn't make the playoffs.

I understand that he is a LT(Kalil) but why not put a guy like that on the opposite side, we would have the best OL in football. Having Thomas with Kalil being his bookend makes for an excellent line... then you have a great center in Mack. Steinbach comes back and thats 4 out of five probowlers. I'm sure you could plug in anyone at RG and have a really successful line!

Think of the lanes Hillis would have to run through, he could pull his truck through one of those gaps! Think of the time it would allow the QB in the Pocket! You've seen the games when the QB has 2 minutes in the pocket to find a wide open wide receiver and always wondered why we don't get that time? Well with Thomas, Mack and Kalil we would have. And since I DO watch football I'd know that more time in the pocket means more time for the defensive coverage to break down. We only need a few more seconds. Plus it would help to stunt all the massive blitzes that Balt and Pitt throw at us twice a year! Just sayin'!

I understand that he is a LT(Kalil) but why not put a guy like that on the opposite side, we would have the best OL in football. Having Thomas with Kalil being his bookend makes for an excellent line... then you have a great center in Mack. Steinbach comes back and thats 4 out of five probowlers. I'm sure you could plug in anyone at RG and have a really successful line!

Think of the lanes Hillis would have to run through, he could pull his truck through one of those gaps! Think of the time it would allow the QB in the Pocket! You've seen the games when the QB has 2 minutes in the pocket to find a wide open wide receiver and always wondered why we don't get that time? Well with Thomas, Mack and Kalil we would have. And since I DO watch football I'd know that more time in the pocket means more time for the defensive coverage to break down. We only need a few more seconds. Plus it would help to stunt all the massive blitzes that Balt and Pitt throw at us twice a year! Just sayin'!

If an NFL front office drafts a Right Tackle with a top 5 pick in an NFL draft, they should be strung up by the fleshy sack between their legs, where testicles would normally be found.

If an NFL front office drafts a Right Tackle with a top 5 pick in an NFL draft, they should be strung up by the fleshy sack between their legs, where testicles would normally be found.

...And I think that if you're OL is holding you back, getting your QB killed and committing costly penalties because of a shoddy patched together Rightside, year after year, then you should be strung up by what you referred to.

Don't think of it as signing at RT with a top 5 pick. Think of it as using a top 5 pick to solidify yourself as having the number 1 offensive line in the NFL period. Think of it as insurance in case Joe T goes down(God forbid and knock on wood)... or think of it as a contingency plan for when Joe Thomas finally retires. Kalil can pick up and give us five years AFTER Joe Thomas leaves us for retirement and we'll still have a beast for a LT. Think of it in those perspectives and it gives those ball-less bastards credence.

...And I think that if you're OL is holding you back, getting your QB killed and committing costly penalties because of a shoddy patched together Rightside, year after year, then you should be strung up by what you referred to.

Let me rephrase...

Only a schmuck thinks you cure your Right Tackle ills with a Top 5 pick.

The Right Tackle covers the 2nd best Defensive End on your opponent's team. That's their SECOND best Defensive End. That's why you don't waste a pick that could get you a #1 QB, or a #1 WR, or a #1 RB, or a #1 CB, or a #1 DE, or a #1 SS, or a #1 OT... etc... etc... on a #2 Offensive Tackle.

No, no, no, on drafting a #2 OT with your Top 5 pick. That's found later. You can find them in free agency, too.

P.S.

At this time, I should probably let you know we shouldn't be looking to draft a #2 wide receiver with our Top 5 pick, either... or a #2 CB... or a #2 RB... or a #2 QB... or a #2 DE... or a...

Don't think of it as signing at RT with a top 5 pick. Think of it as using a top 5 pick to solidify yourself as having the number 1 offensive line in the NFL period. Think of it as insurance in case Joe T goes down(God forbid and knock on wood)... or think of it as a contingency plan for when Joe Thomas finally retires. Kalil can pick up and give us five years AFTER Joe Thomas leaves us for retirement and we'll still have a beast for a LT. Think of it in those perspectives and it gives those ball-less bastards credence.

Yeah, Lauvao and Pinkston positively blew me away with their stellar play this year. Don't expect an end of career Steinbach to be a huge upgrade next year either.

Think of it, assuming you're looking for a RT as drafting a guy AT LEAST 20 picks higher than he should be taken.

RTs DON'T GET TAKEN IN THE FIRST 5 PICKS. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

cause its that easy....right?

lmao....

sigh...every offseason is the same for bronws fans...."so and so is beast and will put us into the playoffs!" julio jones was so awesome this year his team won less games and squeaked into the playoffs....

lets see how the shrine and senior bowl look before we start zeroing in on one player that looks good against guys that will be bagging groceries next month.

I all but guarantee as I said before Holmgren will place a phone call to the Colts and ask about what it's gonna take to get the first pick. So yes, IMO there is going to be that extremely slight chance he trades the draft for Luck. He had the same conversation with the rams about Bradford. Now realistically I highly doubt that's gonna happen, but you never know. Maybe the new guys in the Colts front office don't like Luck and are willing to make a deal for picks even if it's not a crazy package of 1st rounders. There's been crazier things to happen in the NFL before.

Archived