THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns turn GM search to Eagles' Tom Heckert

gcarl

great find by the way!

I dont like him, looking at his draft history he is too safe. His lone solid skill position player drafted is Brian Westbrook. I want a GM who is not afraid to draft flashy, Savage was good in that aspect, too bad he sucked in every other category

My favorite part of this article is that Pioli is unlikely to be the guy. If the reports were true about his demands being outrageous and having a man-crush on Kirk Ferentz, we didn't need that horse shit.

i like heckert's record. seems like he has a great feel for defense and is learning his way around offense. he's got room to grow. kokinis won't depress me, either.

the only person i don't want who's currently on our radar is mangini.

Via rotoworld.

The Browns requested permission to interview Eagles GM Tom Heckert about taking the same position in Cleveland Tuesday.

Heckert's father was a Browns scout. The team is waiting to interview Ravens director of pro personnel George Kokonis and may just be killing time until then. They can't meet Kokonis until after the Divisional Round at the earliest.

I only know the name b/c it has come up a lot in the past. It also might be hard to gauge his track record because I always thought Andy rein had a lot of power over personnel decisions, though.

I don't know who Kokonis is, but if he and our head coach are on the same page, then I like it.

Nice to see that Lerner is widening his scope. He was ready to sign Pioli from the get go, and then it was Mangini. Thank God the Browns weren't granted permission to interview Kokinis immediately. It seems these extra days waiting to interview Kokinis has given Lerner time to take a breather and think about who else is out there.

great find by the way!

I dont like him, looking at his draft history he is too safe. His lone solid skill position player drafted is Brian Westbrook. I want a GM who is not afraid to draft flashy, Savage was good in that aspect, too bad he sucked in every other category

I believe Andy Reid has the final say on draft and roster in Philly. Don't know if we can lay tht on Heckert.

Nice to see that Lerner is widening his scope. He was ready to sign Pioli from the get go, and then it was Mangini. Thank God the Browns weren't granted permission to interview Kokinis immediately. It seems these extra days waiting to interview Kokinis has given Lerner time to take a breather and think about who else is out there.

You're right, this isn't a race. Lerner shouldn't be in a big hurry unless he got to get back to England to watch Aston Villa

I wonder why Philly would grant permission to interview for a lateral move??

Maybe it isn't and some sort of V.P. is attached.

When I first heard this I was wondering how old the guy was....I knew I had herd the name with us and others for a long time....forgot about Jr.

No telling what's brewing. I do have to give Lerner "A" for effort. No matter what happens, we can't accuse the guy of a knee jerk, less than researched decision. At least the guy cares and isn't bringing in some buddy or the first guy to come down the line.

great find by the way!

What??

Draft flashy??

LOL

We need safe picks my man.....you know, guys who actually turn out close to what you expect.

Savage talked himself out of more good decisions then he ever made drafting a reach.

Archived