THE BROWNS BOARD

Last night convinced me - Browns should draft Malcolm Jenkins

Squintz

He was like one of the great cover men - you never hear them mentioned during the game, only when they say they won't throw his way.

If we had another decent corner OSU would have easily won that game.

If we blitzed we would have won that game.

i remember him giving up at least two catches, one of which was on the crossing route cosby ran in the first half. not saying that makes him a horrible player or anything. he's still pretty damn good.

however, i don't think he's the guy the browns need, but is obviously someone they'll consider. any time you have the chance to draft a stud, shutdown corner, he's someone to consider.

and osu would've needed a fleet of corners to blanket the slot receivers.

We already have our version of James Laurenitis and his name is D'Qwell Jackson. If we are going ILB, we need a big banger.

I say we stay away from Beanie unless there is really nothing else at our 5 spot, he's too top-heavy for my liking. He also isn't as physical as people think, in fact the only time he's physical is usually with secondary guys when he uses his stiff-arm.

I could live with Jenkins, though we need more help in our front seven than in our secondary. Orakpo looked fast as hell last night. Liking him a lot.

We NEED Orakpo! Did anyone else see this guy last night? He will get pressure on any QB in the league. He was easily beating double teams last night and constantly pening up opportunities for other linemen and LB's to get into the backfield as well.

If we go defense, then Orakpo is the right place to start. If not Orakpo, then Curry. Jenkins is great, but our DB's will be a lot more effective when opposing QB's don't have an hour to sit and throw the ball!

IF we go offense in the 1st round, then Beanie is the logical choice. But I hope we go defense first!

Archived