THE BROWNS BOARD

Tressell Outcoached Again

Flugel

Pryor is a freshman and every college in the country wanted him...I'm not going to get down on the guy. I felt he kept OSU in the game with his legs. I can't help but feel texas knows they got lucky in the game tonight. That game was lost when they faked the LB blitz and let the receiver get behind everyone but the one safety. They should have been keeping everything in front of them and I really feel the buckeyes would have won that game. No way Texas should have been in the the championship game on thursday...but I think that will be more apparent after that game.

You got to be kidding - you serious?

So tell me why Oklahoma SHOULD be ahead of Texas when they lost, head to head, straight up? If Ohio State would have beat Penn State and somehow Penn State made it to the national title game, you be screaming murder. Yes, you would, do not deny it.

Pryor's issues are not with his talent - he has that. He is a mouth and someday - someone is going to light him up for it.

We have too many people here too critical on everything OSU does and NOT critical enough about the continuous blunders and losing in Broiwnstown

That is because the topic is not about the Browns, genius. It is about the OSU game.

Again, another fledgling attempt to portray your self-proclaimed intelligence.

And again, failed.

Yeah not a blow out maybe but i think the offense wouldve been more effective,,,I really think Pryor is gonna wind up being a WR...because at QB he looks lost and his arm is just total caca...My Aunt Fran has a better arm than that....

I don't know if that will be the case, but OSU faces a problem when they play Pryor.

Just a few comments from a Buckeye who has lost the passion for the team many years ago, but still roots for them to win most of the time:

* When Pryor was in the game, it was evident to me that Texas didn't respect his ability to beat them with his arm. They got in to defensive sets that challenged him to do just that because they weren't going to let him burn them on the ground.

* Tressel is a class coach, but almost to a fault. I think he is a bit too loyal to his players and has a hard time not playing some kid who has busted his ass for the program.....so the flip side is how do you fault that??

* I am still not sure OSU is going to use Pryor as he should be, in some sort of real spread or option offense...he isn't a drop-back. Next year will tell the tale. This year may have been a mix of sorts since Boeckman was still in the mix a series here, a series there. Next year the Bucks need to change things or they need to quit going after players like Pryor and stick with drop-back qbs. I don't think you are helping the program or the player by trying to run some sort of hybrid that frankly, isn't very innovative. Do or don't, but don't do something in between.

* To counter what I just said....Pryor is only a freshman, so he has lot's of room to grow over the next 2-3 years, so spirits should remain high in Buckeye land.

I love Tressel, but can always admit when he's been out-coached and it's only been a few times, but Texas I, PSU I & II, Florida, and tonight come to mind.

He's also out-coached some great teams ... but he is what he is.

Glad that we were at least in the game, not many gave us that heading into tonight.

USC and LSU were 2 other games he got outcoached in. Texas Tech beat that same Texas team with a fraction of the top recruits Tressell has. While OSU was outgaining Texas by 4-1 on the ground in the first half, Tressell was content playing for 50 yard field goals. That one drive they got all the way inside the 5 - they called timeout. Only to decide to get away from what got them there, Texas couldn't stop the running game so they were elated OSU opted to just feel warm and fuzzy with 3 points.

On a positive note, that was the best game I've ever seen Lauranitis play.

- Tom F.

your right Tom he got outcoached by six inches......and a badly missed tackle with 20 seconds to go...........go root for Willie Green and Phil Sewage and Taylor Mays............thanks for the insight

LOL! Where's Clarett playing this weekend? Ghoolie told us he'd be in the NFL Hall of Fame by his 4th season. I'm still waiting for Mo's FIRST NFL season but patience is a virtue. He got one thing right though, Mo looks great wearing an orange uniform. He's another OJ Simpson.

We're about due to hear Ghoolie was the FIRST Cleveland fan to MAINTAIN his fondness for BB. He was also the first Cleveland fan to maintain his fondness for Art Modell, which has left us sitting pretty since 1994 so by all means let's pin it all on Savage.

Your BB loved the Eric Turner pedigree in round 1. That was his only GOOD first round pick here so that won't be very convenint to the Mays discussion. He always goes against your criteria so I'm surprised you and Ghoolie were his most devout fans. He drafts alot of TEs first in NE only to use Vrable instead.

As you were...,

- Tom F.

You wonder why the big ten sucks? look at the level of coaching compared to the SEC

SEC = Meyer,Saban,Miles,Spurrier,Kiffin,Riecht, hell you could even throw Houston Nutt in there

Big 10 = Tressell,JoePa,NimRod,Zook,Ferentz,Dontonio,

Tressell is by far the best coach in the big 10 (sorry Joe you've stayed way too long) and is in the top 20 in coaches in the country (ask Michigan fans if they'd trade coaches?) but the rest of the conferance has yet to upgrade

Look at Tennessee Fulmer is a legend there but the game and the rest of the conference passed him by out with old in with the new

When Joe packs it in at Penn their going to replace him with a clone.

Ooooooooooh! All the way back to 1998! The BCS is a joke, and if you want to only go back a decade or so and anoint Tressel the Ohio Savoir, so be it. But it makes you a joke, too.

When I presented Super Bowl stats yesterday, you criticized me for not presenting every Super Bowl. Fine.

Shall we compare the successes of Jim Tressel to those of Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, A. A. Stagg, Eddie Robinson, Pop Warner, or even guys like Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carroll, and Urban Meyer?

Fcuking homer.

Wow.. Tressel hasn't even coached OSU since 1998.. and he STILL HAS THE MOST BCS WINS???? Other coaches at other programs got a 3 year head start!

Wow, I can't believe we're throwing Tressel under the bus.

The guy is awesome.

Look at what he did with that offense and the only "real" talent he had was Wells and he only had ONE receiver that could catch, Robiskie.

Pryor is a TRUE freshman, he should have been a redshirt so he could put on a little muscle and learn the system, I don't see the arm I hear so much about when people salavate over him. He made some damn fine catchas though, I'll give him that.

I don't know if that will be the case, but OSU faces a problem when they play Pryor.

* Tressel is a class coach, but almost to a fault. I think he is a bit too loyal to his players and has a hard time not playing some kid who has busted his ass for the program.....so the flip side is how do you fault that??

Can't fault him for that at all. If your players aren't abiding by the program set forth, then they should NOT be rewarded with playing time.

Guest Masters

This wasn't out coached. This was stupid coaching. When will coaches ever learn that all the prevent defense does is prevent you from winning! J-H-C, TEX needed to go 80 yards in a little over a minute. I know, I'll give the WR a 8 yard cushion and the sideline. No way they will ever get there :rolleyes:

I'll also only run Bennie 16 times all game, even though he is running all over them.

Also, who ever that saftey is for OSU, he should play for the Browns. Because he tackles like a Browns player.

Guest Masters
Tom I think Tressels gotten a free pass long enough...changes need to be made on defense and to Me Pryor is a joke...He looks lost out there...Boeckman QBing in this game and we wouldve blown them out....This is totally unacceptable and absurd!

The same wise senior Boeckman who took a sack on their last drive? The same one I have seen take sacks over and over early this year and last when he should have just chucked it away?

Prior is an 18 year old kid. He's learning.

Archived