THE BROWNS BOARD

Tressell Outcoached Again

Flugel

Rich,

Is this your football messiah? Someone MIGHT want to tell Tressell they're playing a little better competition once they get outside of the Big 10.

- Tom F. (He beat Akron though!!!)

Tom I think Tressels gotten a free pass long enough...changes need to be made on defense and to Me Pryor is a joke...He looks lost out there...Boeckman QBing in this game and we wouldve blown them out....This is totally unacceptable and absurd!

Guest ATENEARS

I love Tressel, but can always admit when he's been out-coached and it's only been a few times, but Texas I, PSU I & II, Florida, and tonight come to mind.

He's also out-coached some great teams ... but he is what he is.

Glad that we were at least in the game, not many gave us that heading into tonight.

Guest ATENEARS
Boeckman QBing in this game and we wouldve blown them out....This is totally unacceptable and absurd!

You're crazy. I'm not all that high on Pryor, but he played a big part in keeping this game close.

You're crazy. I'm not all that high on Pryor, but he played a big part in keeping this game close.

Yeah not a blow out maybe but i think the offense wouldve been more effective,,,I really think Pryor is gonna wind up being a WR...because at QB he looks lost and his arm is just total caca...My Aunt Fran has a better arm than that....

There was no "blowout" to be had here. I thought Boeckman was more effective at times but he would've been a sitting duck against the blitz.

I think the point about "Texas I....and tonight" is true though. He runs a great program but coaches a horrible game. Those seniors really have him to thank. As a Texas fan, I have to admit that I gained a new respect for Robiskie. The deep ball he caught was sensational and I hope he gets to play at the NFL level.

Make him an AD or something and hire someone else to coach game day.

Guest ATENEARS
But not from the QB position.

Well, actually he wore the shit out of the Texas D-linemen. Them having to worry about Pryor and Wells tired them out. Yes, he flat out sucked throwing the ball, but I've seen him have a gun before, just not tonight. His threat to run can't be discounted though and my reply was to Nickers who said that Boeckman would have "blown them out".

Texas would have handled Boeckman and taken him out of his game too. Boeckman is a dime a dozen.

Rich,

Is this your football messiah? Someone MIGHT want to tell Tressell they're playing a little better competition once they get outside of the Big 10.

- Tom F. (He beat Akron though!!!)

your right Tom he got outcoached by six inches......and a badly missed tackle with 20 seconds to go...........go root for Willie Green and Phil Sewage and Taylor Mays............thanks for the insight

Well, actually he wore the shit out of the Texas D-linemen. Them having to worry about Pryor and Wells tired them out. Yes, he flat out sucked throwing the ball, but I've seen him have a gun before, just not tonight. His threat to run can't be discounted though and my reply was to Nickers who said that Boeckman would have "blown them out".

Texas would have handled Boeckman and taken him out of his game too. Boeckman is a dime a dozen.

I agree with you and SoCal. What happened to Boeckman in the last sixteen seconds would have happened all night and all year...Pryor had a poor passing game tonight.............he will be much better next year...........when McCoy was a freshman his passing was awful.........young guys learn as the get mature

BTW, for all the Tressel Naysayers he has MORE BCS wins than any other coach EVER...............guess that makes him a loser

your right Tom he got outcoached by six inches..........go root for Willie Green and Phil Sewage and Taylor Mays............thanks for the insight

With all due respect...

the "inches on the 4th down" wasn't your last chance to win. He dialed up 0-coverage in his own territory. Did he really think that McCoy wasn't going to recognize the read? He'd had little difficulty beating the blitz for the second half.

I agree with you and SoCal. What happened to Boeckman in the last sixteen seconds would have happened all night and all year...Pryor had a poor passing game tonight.............he will be much better next year...........when McCoy was a freshman his passing was awful.........young guys learn as the get mature

His passing as a freshman earned him a 161.8 rating with 29 TDs (a record for freshmen). How awful is that?

Pryor is future star............

It is hilarious Browns fans tolerate and idolize the shit presented to us for years and are caustic about OSU and the winniingest BCS game coach ever...........amazing

and mz the pussy stick it.............the WINNINGEST BCS TEAM AND COACH EVER IS OSU AND TRESSEL........stuff that stat...

..you would be wise to start listening to me instead of criticizing because I am rarely wrong and you have provided no useful insight into what constitutes winning and clearly you supported the losing big time in the Browns when I pointed out the issues

mz the pussy, What part of your constant chidlish useless personal attack do u not understand is JUST PLAIN STUPID.............DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I give a shit whom you root for...........or your opinion of players and sports because personally so far no value is added

But I do appreciate your providing statistics that I can use to refine my intelligent views...I really do......thanks for that..........

I am glad you get an erection searching all over these boards for something to attack me on...........and shoot your wad uselessly finding ways to insult me

Beannie pulled a Ted Ginn on all of us and let his team and all Ohio State fans down. once he got his 100 yards he pulled himself in preservation for the Draft.

I am sick and tired of all these selfish players and I wouldnt want him on my team if that is his game.

Whatever happened to the guys who had hart? Beannie could of had over 200 yards rushing tonight and would of really put himself to be in the top 5 overall.

Lauranaitis had a hell of a game tonight! While others took the last 8 weeks off should we mention names?

He proved tonight that he can be used in a Nickel Defense and that should help his draft statis. Look for guys like the Patriots or Green Bay to draft him. While Cleveland still looks at molds for players other teams will be looking for Football Players.

Beannie pulled a Ted Ginn on all of us and let his team and all Ohio State fans down. once he got his 100 yards he pulled himself in preservation for the Draft.

I am sick and tired of all these selfish players and I wouldnt want him on my team if that is his game.

Whatever happened to the guys who had hart? Beannie could of had over 200 yards rushing tonight and would of really put himself to be in the top 5 overall.

Lauranaitis had a hell of a game tonight! While others took the last 8 weeks off should we mention names?

He proved tonight that he can be used in a Nickel Defense and that should help his draft statis. Look for guys like the Patriots or Green Bay to draft him. While Cleveland still looks at molds for players other teams will be looking for Football Players.

I think you're being harsh on Beanie. They said it was a head injury and the trainer appeared to be doing a concussion survey on him. I don't think he had a choice in the matter. That's serious.

and mz the pussy stick it.............the WINNINGEST BCS TEAM AND COACH EVER IS OSU AND TRESSEL........stuff that stat...

Ooooooooooh! All the way back to 1998! The BCS is a joke, and if you want to only go back a decade or so and anoint Tressel the Ohio Savoir, so be it. But it makes you a joke, too.

When I presented Super Bowl stats yesterday, you criticized me for not presenting every Super Bowl. Fine.

Shall we compare the successes of Jim Tressel to those of Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, A. A. Stagg, Eddie Robinson, Pop Warner, or even guys like Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carroll, and Urban Meyer?

Fcuking homer.

your right Tom he got outcoached by six inches......and a badly missed tackle with 20 seconds to go...........go root for Willie Green and Phil Sewage and Taylor Mays............thanks for the insight

Not 6" maybe 2" and not 20 seconds, 16 seconds. And with 1:34 to go a LB hit right in the hands with a pass when he jumped to block it.

OSU coached by Tressell played one of the best teams in the country and they won with a little bit of luck. Nobody got outcoached whan a game comes down to one play.

I think you're being harsh on Beanie. They said it was a head injury and the trainer appeared to be doing a concussion survey on him. I don't think he had a choice in the matter. That's serious.

I didnt catch that. head injury? why were the sideline reporters saying that his teammates were asking him if he was coming back in?

also Pryor would make a better receiver than a QB.

Not 6" maybe 2" and not 20 seconds, 16 seconds. And with 1:34 to go a LB hit right in the hands with a pass when he jumped to block it.

OSU coached by Tressell played one of the best teams in the country and they won with a little bit of luck. Nobody got outcoached whan a game comes down to one play.

first time we ever agreed on anything

dont forget the missed FG in first half, also the time out to bring in Boeckman in the red zone when Texas was gassed after chasing Pryor and Beannie Baby. Those were the 2 costly mistakes.

Mac Brown may have pulled a San Fransico and let them score early enough so they could get the ball back with enough time to do something??????? If so, Thats having Faith in your Offense.

Would Mac Brown consider the coaching job in Cleveland?

Interesting point about allowing a team to score so you have a enough time to score yourself. That is something I have wondered why coaches do not do more often and have only seen it done seldom. In this case from the field position I would think it was not a plan to let them score a TD............not at that time

Pryor is a freshman and every college in the country wanted him...I'm not going to get down on the guy. I felt he kept OSU in the game with his legs. I can't help but feel texas knows they got lucky in the game tonight. That game was lost when they faked the LB blitz and let the receiver get behind everyone but the one safety. They should have been keeping everything in front of them and I really feel the buckeyes would have won that game. No way Texas should have been in the the championship game on thursday...but I think that will be more apparent after that game.

I am with you on Pryor. I cannot believe a lot of folks here are throwing a true freshman on the biggest of stages under the bus for not lighting it up tonight. His passing was poor but happens especially with young guys........He will keep getting better and his passing will be dramatically better by next year

We have too many people here too critical on everything OSU does and NOT critical enough about the continuous blunders and losing in Broiwnstown

Archived