THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Wells

Guest Ghoolie

MLB is STILL the largest and most glaring hole on this football team!

I would agree....an impact linebacker could make a huge difference on our defense. I don't trust Wells with the injuries and I think that keeps him from being a top 5 pick in the draft.

The Browns haven't had a quality RB in 15 years, Wells is the man at #5

Ummmm.... Who made the sack that effectively ended the game? Orapko. Who was 31st in the NFL is sacks? THE BROWNS. Who blew chunks on run defense? THE BROWNS. Wanna guess what the #1 priority for the Browns is? It's the defense.

Wells has always been nicked his entire college career- red flag. Same with Peterson, and he would have set the NFL rushing record, but guess what? He got hurt.

I'm as big an OSU homer as anyone, but if we're taking OSU in round 1, my picks are Laurinitis, Jenkins, and then Wells in that order. Now if we could get all of them, we'd be in business, but that's not happening. BTW, any junior that's thinking about coming out had better think long and hard about it. No rookie salary cap next year = potentially a lot more $$$.

And you can get quality guys @ RB a lot lower than #5. I was all for Tomlinson, and sort of behind Peterson but lookie here. The Steelers have an undrafted Wilie Parker @ rb, the Ratbirds are riding high with one-legged retread Willis McGahee, Both Titans RBs were low first rounders. Best in the league rushing Giants? Brandon Jacobs -4th round, Derrick Ward 7th round- both 1,000 yards plus. Shades of Mack and Byner, who was BTW a 7th round pick. Matt Forte of the Bears ran for 1,200 yards - second rounder. Corey Dillon near HOF career playing for the suckful Bengals most of it- second rounder.

Why would you take Wells in the first when Shonn Greene will be there in the second round? Look at Matt Forte and Chris Johnson both have been amazing this year and were had in the second round. We have too many other needs to draft RB at number 5, unless his name is Peterson or Tomlinson and Wells is not that caliber. Ive said it before and I'll say it again trade down and draft Rey, he's a maniac and we need one on defense to play in the AFC North!

Tennessee actually drafted Johnson in round 1 because of his speed. BUT I like your point because there are solid RBs all over the league that were drafted after round 1.

- Tom F.

A healthy Beanie Wells is a great RB, but man his string of inuries has GOT to scare off almost everybody. Whatever was bothering him on the sideline Monday was bothering him ALOT. He was in obvious pain.

Doug

Archived