THE BROWNS BOARD

Why Does Baby Shampoo Contain Known Carcinogens?

Pumpkin Eater

Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo contains quaternium-15, a preservative that releases formaldehyde, a known carcinogen. Several agencies have tested baby shampoos and found them to contain formaldehyde. A quick check on the ingredients in my son's baby shampoo revealed that it does indeed contain quarternium-15. It also contains tetrasodium EDTA which is another preservative made from formaldehyde that sequesters metal ions but then allows them to be dissolved in water :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an article on this a while back. Switched Shampoo's, toothpastes and soaps. No study has been done on long term applications of these substances in small dosages, but you eventually small ball yourself into a large dosage of carcinogens over time. No acute affects and undetermined chronic affect? I'll just make the move to something slightly pricier. It's hard to find too, go take a look and all the different brands, yet owned by one of three parents companies.

I heard a statistic that one in two will have cancer over their lifetime. Outrageous. Makes one want to invest in private health care company...oh wait most of the manufacturers have interests in medical applications side as well.

Where's a nice refreshing smoke when you need one.

Archived