THE BROWNS BOARD

Feelings Over The Meyer Hire

I'm ok with it, I think he'll win alot of games. I don't no if I really like his style offense though. It doesn't make for great pro's in the NFL and its usually used because your lacking size and athletism. I'd rather line up and beat you into the ground every play then have a bunch of guys running around with the head cut off creating diversions. But thats just me, win Championships and I'll be happy though

I'm ok with it, I think he'll win alot of games. I don't no if I really like his style offense though. It doesn't make for great pro's in the NFL and its usually used because your lacking size and athletism. I'd rather line up and beat you into the ground every play then have a bunch of guys running around with the head cut off creating diversions. But thats just me, win Championships and I'll be happy though

I mean, he won in the SEC with that offense. And winning in the SEC is a hell of a lot harder to do than winning in the Big 10.

Michigan is 2-0 against him, however.

Meyer's spread offense isn't a trick offense. It's not like Georgia Tech's triple option or the WildDawg they run at Virginia Tech. It's probably the most smash mouth of the spread style offenses. They utilized a fullback in a couple formations, which you don't see often.

I'm cool with it, I just like pro-style offenses with pocket passers. He better turn that Michigan record around though. Right now were not even in the top 25 for overall team recruiting rankings, hopefully he gets us back in the top 10

I know what you mean, it's going to be weird to see Ohio State not running I-form and Ace formations with the QB under center.

I think the recruiting will definitely turn around. They say Meyer is a "player's coach" and he runs a "fun" offense. Kids are going to want to come play for him.

Guys Ohio State has ran a multiple system since Pryor became the starter. At least a third of our play book is already spread. I honestly like it as a college offense. It really doesn't produce great pro's, at least at QB and RB, but I don't give two shits about that I care about winning games. As long as we keep the big hard hitting defense that we got I don't care.

Guys Ohio State has ran a multiple system since Pryor became the starter. At least a third of our play book is already spread. I honestly like it as a college offense. It really doesn't produce great pro's, at least at QB and RB, but I don't give two shits about that I care about winning games. As long as we keep the big hard hitting defense that we got I don't care.

They've had more of a shotgun implemented, but it's nowhere near the shotgun offenses that have been run in the SEC, ACC and some of the Big 12. We're going to see more than half of the snaps taken out of shotgun now, which I'm more than fine with.

They've had more of a shotgun implemented, but it's nowhere near the shotgun offenses that have been run in the SEC, ACC and some of the Big 12. We're going to see more than half of the snaps taken out of shotgun now, which I'm more than fine with.

Just teach Miller to throw the ball, thats all I care about. Seriously though when I heard Meyer talking about Braxton in his interview I thought that the next sex scandal was going to be at OSU.

Just teach Miller to throw the ball, thats all I care about. Seriously though when I heard Meyer talking about Braxton in his interview I thought that the next sex scandal was going to be at OSU.

He did seem overly infatuated with Miller. He's gonna start kissing him on the sideline like he did Tebow.

Archived