THE BROWNS BOARD

Ok, so no Pioli....you really want Ozzie Newsome

neomogo

Again, I think Lerner's logic is flawed. Proven winners in the NFL do not operate like the Cleveland Browns. The fact Lerner won't get a GM 1st before interviewing HC's proves my point.

I've been on record saying Pioli was the best GM candidate. Some have reservations about his experience and what he has actually accomplished under Belichek's regime. I think 1 name has been omitted from this conversation.

Ozzie Newsome is the guy to fix the Browns. He's been a winner ever since he got the GM job. He has managed to continue this excellence under 2 different ownerships. I find it comical Lerner wants to be the Ravens, but won't get the guy largely responsible (Newsome). I want a proven guy...not a guy under a proven guy (Savage & Kokinis).

Guest Masters
Correct me if I'm wrong but.... Newsome is untouchable because he is already a GM under contract...

Newsome is GM and Executive VP. He can't be had. There is no larger title to give him and he is under contract.

Newsome is GM and Executive VP. He can't be had. There is no larger title to give him and he is under contract.

Could make him a partner in ownership?

hahahahahhahahaha

There's always a greater title to be had. They're only titles.

How about naming Newsome "Football God/Superexecutive VP"...see what I'm saying?

Guest Masters
There's always a greater title to be had. They're only titles.

How about naming Newsome "Football God/Superexecutive VP"...see what I'm saying?

I wish it was that simple :( I'd love to have him.

I wish it was that simple :( I'd love to have him.

Ozzie just turned down the Browns request to interview Kokinis. He said he will do everything he can to keep him.

That makes me want Kokinis even more now.

I think Ozzie knows his shit.

I know that it would have to be a promotion and GM would be a promotion from Director of Player personnel, but I never heard of the notion that you had to give a guy total control as a GM. Every GM position in the league is different and has different responsibilities. There are many coaches that have a say on roster and personnel. How could they say that this guy has to have total control.

I really don't know about that.

Guest Masters
I know that it would have to be a promotion and GM would be a promotion from Director of Player personnel, but I never heard of the notion that you had to give a guy total control as a GM. Every GM position in the league is different and has different responsibilities. There are many coaches that have a say on roster and personnel. How could they say that this guy has to have total control.

I really don't know about that.

People put all kinds of wierd ass shit in contracts anymore to hang on to guys they want to keep.

People put all kinds of wierd ass shit in contracts anymore to hang on to guys they want to keep.

I wouldn't think they would want to give Kokinis authority over Mangini or can they BS there way around that. Currently they don't have anybody really experienced in evaluating FAs. McCreight has been mostly college players and the draft.

Archived