THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week In The Afc North

Zombo

After two disastrous weeks, the Great Zomboni is flying to Cleveland to bring back the Browns mojo.

He knows exactly what it takes.

It takes a shot or three of Hoorta's Orange Shit. A snooker or two of KMac's Scottish Scotch from Scotland. A hit or four of Ballpeen's Moonshine. Several of Skippy's jello shots (so much alcohol they don't really congeal). Pounding some pints Howie and G-man. Tipping them back with Mark-O and Atlanta Mike (Pavo Joe). Singing along with Bear. Testing the Gipper's trivia in person. Hitting on Jarrod's (Browns 57) latest hot girlfriend. And of course, eating Sperk's and Roach's legendary tailgate grub.

Then ... all will be right with the football gods. And The Browns will trounce the Rams. Has all the makings of a perfect weekend. I hear Rich might even be there. Maybe I can convert him into a Browns fan ... nah, too much to ask. I'll settle for a win over the Rams.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati 1 PM

I shook my head when Marvin Lewis signed up for another year in the Bungle. Palmer gone, receivers gone, still working for Mike Clown ... yech. But he has them playing great this year, solid D and pretty good play from the rookie QB, Dalton. They look like the team from two years ago. The one that swept the Steelers. Meanwhile the Steelers are hurting from getting swept by the bruising Ravens and left wondering why so many damn pedophiles come from Southwest Pennsylvania. BENGALS 20 STEELERS 17

**************************************************Great Zomboni Guarantee***************************************************

St. Louis at Cleveland 1 PM

The Rams defense is awful. The Browns defense is not awful. In fact the pass defense is #1 in the NFL. Colt McCoy will feel like he's playing a college team after going up against Wade Phillips' boys last week. He will have the best game of his career. And the Browns defense will adjust actually stop somebody in the first quarter ... then they'll tee off all afternoon on Bradford. Browns in a blowout win ... bet everything you own on it ... it's a Great Zomboni Guarantee. BROWNS 37 RAMS 10

**************************************************Great Zomboni Guarantee****************************************************

Baltimore at Seattle 4:05 PM

Baltimore in an ugly win. RAVENS 13 SEAHAWKS 12

Zombo

After two disastrous weeks, the Great Zomboni is flying to Cleveland to bring back the Browns mojo.

It takes a shot or three of Hoorta's Orange Shit. A snooker or two of KMac's Scottish Scotch from Scotland. A hit or four of Ballpeen's Moonshine. Several of Skippy's jello shots (so much alcohol they don't really congeal). Pounding some pints Howie and G-man. Tipping them back with Mark-O and Atlanta Mike (Pavo Joe). Singing along with Bear. Testing the Gipper's trivia in person. Hitting on Jarrod's (Browns 57) latest hot girlfriend. And of course, eating Sperk's and Roach's legendary tailgate grub.

Then ... all will be right with the football gods. And The Browns will trounce the Rams. Has all the makings of a perfect weekend. I hear Rich might even be there. Maybe I can convert him into a Browns fan ... nah, too much to ask. I'll settle for a win over the Rams.

I shook my head when Marvin Lewis signed up for another year in the Bungle. Palmer gone, receivers gone, still working for Mike Clown ... yech. But he has them playing great this year, solid D and pretty good play from the rookie QB, Dalton. They look like the team from two years ago. The one that swept the Steelers. Meanwhile the Steelers are hurting from getting swept by the bruising Ravens and left wondering why so many damn pedophiles come from Southwest Pennsylvania. BENGALS 20 STEELERS 17

**************************************************Great Zomboni Guarantee***************************************************

The Rams defense is awful. The Browns defense is not awful. In fact the pass defense is #1 in the NFL. Colt McCoy will feel like he's playing a college team after going up against Wade Phillips' boys last week. He will have the best game of his career. And the Browns defense will adjust actually stop somebody in the first quarter ... then they'll tee off all afternoon on Bradford. Browns in a blowout win ... bet everything you own on it ... it's a Great Zomboni Guarantee. BROWNS 37 RAMS 10

**************************************************Great Zomboni Guarantee****************************************************

Zombo

I leave early Friday morning. Sounds like the perfect Brown's Board weekend. I think you nailed everything except your prediction about Rich.... I think he once was a Browns fan, and will be again....................When they start winning.......

yeah, pedophiles.......take a look at a sex offender registry from stainland.........looks like a confetti explosion of sex offenders on that map.

yeah, pedophiles.......take a look at a sex offender registry from stainland.........looks like a confetti explosion of sex offenders on that map.

yeah i guess the PA officials forgot to look in the penn state locker room before coming up with that list.

Well Z, I have some GREAT news for you. "THE CURSE" has decided against coming up for the game. My co season ticket holder's son Donnie will be using her ticket instead. Your odds of seeing a win just went up exponentially. :)

Well here is how you can tell the Browns will most likely loose. On an even steven basis, the odds makers give the home team 3 points.

At 2 1/2 the feeling is the Rams have the edge.

I can't root for this pile of shit because honestly, until fans revolt we are going to continue getting shit like Holmgren, Heckert and Shurmur.

At least we got rid of Hillis for next year.

Man, that guy blows.

So? Ghoolie, just exactly what is your "Action Plan" for this fans revolt?Please, I would really like to know if there is truly something that fans can do that would be efficacious.

yeah i guess the PA officials forgot to look in the penn state locker room before coming up with that list.

yeah, keep glossing over the fact that cleveland has an absolutely HORRIBLE problem with sexual predators and pedophiles. something to the tune of OVER 400% more per capita than pittsburgh. yeah, yeah, i'll go ahead and insert whatever moronic joke you guys come back with (you don't report crimes against animals, everyone is having sex with their family and don't report it, next stupid joke that barely qualifies as toilet humor........etc, ad nauseum) while you COMPLETELY ignore the fact that you live in a city and/or root for a city's team that seemingly can't quit raping/molesting children and women.

as i said before, 2 things cleveland fans can NEVER claim again........1. being great fans- not after watching your stadium clear out at about the midway point of the 2nd qtr the last time the Steelers came to your stadium and blew the browns out. and 2. having ANY moral highground on ANYTHING involving Pittsburgh or Ben- you can't do it. not at all. check out any goverment registry (i provide one in my sig) and see that cleveland has over 500% more registered sex offenders and over 400% per capita (so don't pull out the "cleveland is bigger"defense.).

your town has no moral highground, in fact you're looking up at us from a cesspool of moral behavior.

So? Ghoolie, just exactly what is your "Action Plan" for this fans revolt?Please, I would really like to know if there is truly something that fans can do that would be efficacious.

if i were in a cleveland fan's position i'd simply quit supporting the team. you guys are in no danger of losing your franchise. that's gonna happen to jacksonville or tampa or a team like that. so stop buying bronws gear, stop renewing your season tickets (trust me, you'll have ZERO problems reclaiming them) for a year at least, boycott all things browns.

the only place to hurt an owner or get their attention is to mess with their money.

having merchandise sales plummet 80%, fans not renew next years tickets, and having the owner embarrassed by the sight of his stadium 75% empty on games days (and i mean before the game starts and you get your asses handed to you.....dosent count if you fill the stadium and then leave the team when they start getting their heads kicked in during the 1st and 2nd qtrs).

yeah, keep glossing over the fact that cleveland has an absolutely HORRIBLE problem with sexual predators and pedophiles. something to the tune of OVER 400% more per capita than pittsburgh. yeah, yeah, i'll go ahead and insert whatever moronic joke you guys come back with (you don't report crimes against animals, everyone is having sex with their family and don't report it, next stupid joke that barely qualifies as toilet humor........etc, ad nauseum) while you COMPLETELY ignore the fact that you live in a city and/or root for a city's team that seemingly can't quit raping/molesting children and women.

Our pederasts can beat up your pederasts?

(Seriously, are you really going here? To compare cities by the number of pederasts they have? How low will you really go?

as i said before, 2 things cleveland fans can NEVER claim again........1. being great fans- not after watching your stadium clear out at about the midway point of the 2nd qtr the last time the Steelers came to your stadium and blew the browns out.

Actually, yes, we can always claim to be a better fan base than Pittsburgh. Maybe here fans leave as the result of an ass kicking....which happens everywhere, but at least here we have never only filled our stadium to only about 50% of capacity for a game only a year or two after winning a championship... the way you did in Pittsburgh.

and 2. having ANY moral highground on ANYTHING involving Pittsburgh or Ben- you can't do it. not at all. check out any goverment registry (i provide one in my sig) and see that cleveland has over 500% more registered sex offenders and over 400% per capita (so don't pull out the "cleveland is bigger"defense.).

your town has no moral highground, in fact you're looking up at us from a cesspool of moral behavior.

This argument is so ignorant it isn't even worth responding to.

Do you really, honestly think that you can compare the "morality" of two communities, based on some statistical measure?

Maybe all we have around here is better law enforcement.

if i were in a cleveland fan's position i'd simply quit supporting the team. you guys are in no danger of losing your franchise. that's gonna happen to jacksonville or tampa or a team like that. so stop buying bronws gear, stop renewing your season tickets (trust me, you'll have ZERO problems reclaiming them) for a year at least, boycott all things browns.

the only place to hurt an owner or get their attention is to mess with their money.

having merchandise sales plummet 80%, fans not renew next years tickets, and having the owner embarrassed by the sight of his stadium 75% empty on games days (and i mean before the game starts and you get your asses handed to you.....dosent count if you fill the stadium and then leave the team when they start getting their heads kicked in during the 1st and 2nd qtrs).

Well, here, you have actually hit the nail on the head. You are right. The only thing a fan can do to protest the poor management of the team is to not buy the product. Hitting the owner in his pocket book is truly the one thing that could possibly get his attention.

There are three problems with this however:

1. If Browns fans did that then yabos like you and others would say: "Oh look, what a poor fan base that is, they don't come out to support their team. Blah, blah, blah. It is a Catch-22. If you don't support them you are accused of being bad fans, if you do support them you are accused of being dupes for bad management.

2. I actually think that Randy Lerner is doing all that he is capable of doing to try to bring a winner here. I don't know that taking away his revenue source would cause any change in his behavior because I don't think he is trying to lose. The protest, the non-support is designed to have an owner try to do a better job at bringing a winner. I don't know that Lerner, under those circumstances, would know how to do a better job.

3. You could end up with what we have here with the Indians. The Dolan ownership has pretty much put out a piss poor product....and the fans HAVE revolted by staying home and not buying their shit....and then all we get is poor mouthing out of ownership. "Boohoohoo, we have to stay in our budget....we can only acquire better players when we have more revenue...blah, blah, blah. Though there may be some economic realities to their position, they also use it as a crutch to not take economic risks on getting better talent.

Now, certainly the economic dynamics of baseball and the NFL are different. Fools like Irsay and Modell and Frontiere were always guaranteed to make money in the NFL no matter how screwed up they were, but some of the same things can apply.

am i seriously going there? yeah, i'm seriously using US GOV. statistics on a US GOV. sponsored website to defend S.W.Pa from the date raping, roofie slipping, child molesting likes of clevelanders.

and dude, it's not like i'm saying "oh, you guys have .32551 % more sexual predators than us, so quit talking smack when you're a bunch of sexual predators" no, i's more like "oh, you guys have 500% more total and 400% more per capita than the town you love to attack it's morals".

i didn't start the arguement, you guys did ever since the news about Ben broke (not to mention again, he's from ohio......what.....you guys just teach this shit from birth?). all the bullshit and moral highground you threw around is coming right back in your face. and it's not just one guy who happens to be a highliy visible sports figure (even if he is from your home state......idiots) it's you. or your neighbors......or their neighbors.

you're whole entire town is filled with pedophiles and rapists............and the only thing you can come up with is "well, maybe our police are better".

you know what? just hush up. you all sound like xxxxing einsteins when you don't speak.

Well, here, you have actually hit the nail on the head. You are right. The only thing a fan can do to protest the poor management of the team is to not buy the product. Hitting the owner in his pocket book is truly the one thing that could possibly get his attention.

There are three problems with this however:

1. If Browns fans did that then yabos like you and others would say: "Oh look, what a poor fan base that is, they don't come out to support their team. Blah, blah, blah. It is a Catch-22. If you don't support them you are accused of being bad fans, if you do support them you are accused of being dupes for bad management.

2. I actually think that Randy Lerner is doing all that he is capable of doing to try to bring a winner here. I don't know that taking away his revenue source would cause any change in his behavior because I don't think he is trying to lose. The protest, the non-support is designed to have an owner try to do a better job at bringing a winner. I don't know that Lerner, under those circumstances, would know how to do a better job.

3. You could end up with what we have here with the Indians. The Dolan ownership has pretty much put out a piss poor product....and the fans HAVE revolted by staying home and not buying their shit....and then all we get is poor mouthing out of ownership. "Boohoohoo, we have to stay in our budget....we can only acquire better players when we have more revenue...blah, blah, blah. Though there may be some economic realities to their position, they also use it as a crutch to not take economic risks on getting better talent.

Now, certainly the economic dynamics of baseball and the NFL are different. Fools like Irsay and Modell and Frontiere were always guaranteed to make money in the NFL no matter how screwed up they were, but some of the same things can apply.

i'll respond point by point.

1.- do you really care what "yabos" like me would say if it really got the message across and made the owner improve his product? i wouldn't if i were in your shoes.

2.-well trying and doing are way different in the sports/business world. in 2nd grade? yeah, trying your hardest was good enough. running (or not) a multi million dollar storied franchise? no, trying hard is not enough..............not over a 15yr period of putridness. not to mention, you're not really taking away his income with profit sharing and such.

3.- you're third point (as you kinda pointed out) just dosen't apply to football. salary caps/floors, revenue sharing, and the NFL CBA just don't allow the 2 to be accurately compared.

You're dumber than Chuck, Gafreleets. You make your steeler brethern proud.

???????

was there any point to your statement?

um, my dad could beat up your dad???

not exactly sure what response would be appropriate.

am i seriously going there? yeah, i'm seriously using US GOV. statistics on a US GOV. sponsored website to defend S.W.Pa from the date raping, roofie slipping, child molesting likes of clevelanders.

and dude, it's not like i'm saying "oh, you guys have .32551 % more sexual predators than us, so quit talking smack when you're a bunch of sexual predators" no, i's more like "oh, you guys have 500% more total and 400% more per capita than the town you love to attack it's morals".

i didn't start the arguement, you guys did ever since the news about Ben broke (not to mention again, he's from ohio......what.....you guys just teach this shit from birth?). all the bullshit and moral highground you threw around is coming right back in your face. and it's not just one guy who happens to be a highliy visible sports figure (even if he is from your home state......idiots) it's you. or your neighbors......or their neighbors.

you're whole entire town is filled with pedophiles and rapists............and the only thing you can come up with is "well, maybe our police are better".

you know what? just hush up. you all sound like xxxxing einsteins when you don't speak.

As Mark Twain said, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

I venture that there are another set of statistics out there that say that Pittsburgh has 500% more child molesters than Cleveland.

If you have stats that say that Cleveland..or any other town has 500% percent more of any kind of criminal activity per capita than any other major city, then I say your statistics are as phony as a four dollar bill.

As Mark Twain said, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

I venture that there are another set of statistics out there that say that Pittsburgh has 500% more child molesters than Cleveland.

If you have stats that say that Cleveland..or any other town has 500% percent more of any kind of criminal activity per capita than any other major city, then I say your statistics are as phony as a four dollar bill.

and unsubstantiated claims like the one above are worse than useless. fact is my signature contains the address of a highly respected sexual predator tracking website that easily verifies my facts.

you are just doing your best to spit out the collective taste of foot your fanbase has aquired, by spouting off at the mouth endlessly about Ben's alleged transgressions (which he IS a ohio native anyway), with simple minded defenses.

i'll respond point by point.

1.- do you really care what "yabos" like me would say if it really got the message across and made the owner improve his product? i wouldn't if i were in your shoes.

Do I care? Perhaps to a small extent. Of course I shouldn't. But the reality of the matter is that if an NFL team is only selling say, 50-60% of its seat....it will immediately be noted by the ESPNs etc. as a "town that does not support its team" no matter how poorly that team has performed and that "gee, maybe it should be a candidate for relocation to LA".

That is happening right now in Jacksonville and other places. See this story:http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/6846837/nfl-los-angeles-here-seven-wonders

2.-well trying and doing are way different in the sports/business world. in 2nd grade? yeah, trying your hardest was good enough. running (or not) a multi million dollar storied franchise? no, trying hard is not enough..............not over a 15yr period of putridness. not to mention, you're not really taking away his income with profit sharing and such.

Yes, trying and doing are different. I believe Lerner is "trying". He is just not doing...and I don't think that he...or anyone of his employees know what to do that would help. Lerner in fact DID "do" something different when he brought in Holmgren to run things. That is supposed to be the panacea. It hasn't worked so far, but who knows....maybe Holmgren's "plan" really will work....someday.

3.- you're third point (as you kinda pointed out) just dosen't apply to football. salary caps/floors, revenue sharing, and the NFL CBA just don't allow the 2 to be accurately compared.

Yea, it is very much apples and oranges.

Many have said that we really should have happened here is that the Browns and Indians should have traded owners. The Indians could use the guy with the deep pockets that Lerner and his family have (they are by far the wealthiest family in Ohio)...and that the Browns could have been at least as good with the Dolans owning the team.

(and FYI, when Al Lerner made the winning bid to obtain the franchise back in 1997, it was Charles Dolan I believe, Indians owner Larry Dolan's brother who had the second highest bid)

and unsubstantiated claims like the one above are worse than useless. fact is my signature contains the address of a highly respected sexual predator tracking website that easily verifies my facts.

you are just doing your best to spit out the collective taste of foot your fanbase has aquired, by spouting off at the mouth endlessly about Ben's alleged transgressions (which he IS a ohio native anyway), with simple minded defenses.

So wait I am a bit confused since Ohio has more convicted and registered sex offenders it makes Ben ok to rape someone to raise pittsburghs number(yes I know alleged).....?

anyways back to topic

Steelers by a TD, I don't see Pitt losing twice in a row to divisional foes.

Browns by a fg 9-6 a windy day in cleveland causes 2 struggling O's to rely on their kicking/special teams

Ravens by 2tds over a weak foe

Are you really so naive as to believe that a rivals fanbase is NOT going to spout off endlessly about the foibles and alleged transgression of their opponent? Grow up. If the shoe were on the other foot it would be the same deal.

And, OK, you want substantiated data? Here it is:

Per CityData.com the ratio of sex offenders to the population in Pittsburgh is 1 for every 2164 people. The ratio on Cleveland is one for every 1917 people. Not that far off statistically.

That means that Pittsburgh with a population of 305,704 has about 141 registered sex offenders, and that Cleveland with a population of 396,815 has about 206 registered sex offenders.

However, Allegheny County has a higher ratio of sex offenders than Cuyahoga County

Allegheny Co. has one for every 4330 people. Cuyahoga Co. has one for every 4570 people.

In other words, Cuyahoga Co. as a whole with a population of 1,280,122 has about 280 sexual predators.

Allegheny Co. with a population of 1,223,348 has about 282 sexual predators.

CONGRATULATIONS. Now when you claim those Super Bowl titles, you can at the same time cite the 2 extra buggerers that you have!

as i said before, 2 things cleveland fans can NEVER claim again........1. being great fans- not after watching your stadium clear out at about the midway point of the 2nd qtr the last time the Steelers came to your stadium and blew the browns out. and 2. having ANY moral highground on ANYTHING involving Pittsburgh or Ben- you can't do it. not at all. check out any goverment registry (i provide one in my sig) and see that cleveland has over 500% more registered sex offenders and over 400% per capita (so don't pull out the "cleveland is bigger"defense.).

Penn state. Your state looks the other way while kids get raped. At least we prosecute them. Blah blah blah 400% blah blah blah Penn state.

Zombo

Some things Never Change. Zombies Picks...lol

Cleveland has a great record for ARRESTING pedophiles while your part of PA has a great record of ENABLING pedophiles.

Z

Cleveland is any Better than the Burgh for Sickos ?? I dont think so...

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Cleveland-Ohio.html

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania.html

Guess what they are EVERYWHERE !! Watch Out for your Damn Kids !!

Cleveland is any Better than the Burgh for Sickos ?? I dont think so...

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Cleveland-Ohio.html

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania.html

Guess what they are EVERYWHERE !! Watch Out for your Damn Kids !!

I repeat at least we prosecute and register them. Jerry sandusky. Looked the other way. Ten years. Raping kids.

Zomblow..... you will drink more AFTER the game than the day OF the game.

THe Rams will send you home with the red ass. They have playmakers, and the Browns have already had their ANY GIVEN SUNDAY lucky wins against Indy and Miami. That well is dry.

If Cribbs plays in the backfield, I would look for him to get hurt for teh season. He isn't a RB and it is sad that this team would resort to such extreme measure to try and make up for failed drafts.

Look for McCOy to get picked three times and get blasted in the back from Joe Thomas's side.

I predict a pick 6 against McCoy, a Punt return for a TD and two long plays from scrimmage against the Browns from scrimmage for 6.

Look for the Rams to AMASS 400 yards of offense, and the same dunk and dump offense once Cribbs gets sent to the HORPITAL........ lol

Cinci beating Pittsburgh? LMAO............ Just because they wiped their crap hole with the Browns doesn't mean they are good. Too much Steeler Pressure, too much Big Ben. Look for a 5 TD Steeler day............

Steelers 42 Cinci 5

The Ravens will show you just how shitty the Browns are. They will have teh cheer leaders playing by the 4th quarter. Ravens start fast, 2 defensive TDs, 3 offensive TDs..... Seattle may not cross the 50.

Ravens 38 - 0

This will be one of the most sour losses for the Browns all year.

HAHA you are so full of it! I know I'm speaking in hind sight but the rams have playmakers? other than steven jackson? haha ridiculous. 400 yards? pick sixes and punt returns? And your steelers didn't exactly blow out the bengals. THis might be the most neurotic post i've ever looked at!!!!

Archived