THE BROWNS BOARD

San Diego @ Pittshole

Furnier

San Diego in Pittshole in the Playoffs.

Brings back heartwarming memories for me. Alfred Pupunu...Tony Martin...the immortal Dennis Gibson...and let us not forget the burnt crispy...Tim McCryer

TimMcCryer.jpg

Immediately after "The Immaculate Deflection."

Where is Dennis Gibson now? Not sure, but he's still laughing at Neil O'Dumbass and Barely Foster.

Those crying towels came in handy that day.

DennisGibson.jpg

San Diego in Pittshole in the Playoffs.

Brings back heartwarming memories for me. Alfred Pupunu...Tony Martin...the immortal Dennis Gibson...and let us not forget the burnt crispy...Tim McCryer

TimMcCryer.jpg

Ouch ! I remember that well... OUCH again... We win this one !!

The Steelers had 124 yards rushing and 286 passing in that game back in November and outgained the Chargers 410 to 213 yards total on offense. Parker had 115 yards rushing which was offset by the 13 penalties the Steelers had for 115 penalty yards. LT might not even play in this game much less be effective so I wouldnt worry about him too much at all. Sproles will not be enough to beat this Steelers defense by himself that is for sure. The Steelers did an excellent job shutting down Rivers and the Chargers passing game the last game and I expect them to do the exact samething this time as well. As for Ben Roethlisberger while he was sacked 4 times in that game he was still very efficient going 31 for 41 for 308 yards and no Interceptions and Hines Ward had 11 catches for 124 yards in that game as well. The Steelers offense I believe can put up those same numbers again next week all they need to do this time unlike the last game in November is finish these drives for tds and things will be fine.

The Chargers while they have had a great last 5 weeks having to win every single one to stay alive for the playoffs their late season magical run will end next Sunday here at Heinz Field. The Chargers while they are playing great ball over the last month just have too many things in this game I feel working against them to come in here and win this game. LT is hurt, the time travel difference again going to the East Coast where the Chargers are horrible, the cold weather, and no Shawn Merriman. You add all those factors up and it equals the Chargers run coming to an end here next Sunday at Heinz Field.

It's pathetic that once again, we are laughing at the Steelers for playoff losses, yet can't seem to put together a decent organization or even a winning season.

I agree! Laughing at the Steelers for playing this week while the Browns are golfing, BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Immediately after "The Immaculate Deflection."

Where is Dennis Gibson now? Not sure, but he's still laughing at Neil O'Dumbass and Barely Foster.

Those crying towels came in handy that day.

DennisGibson.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt the Steelers beat the Stains and Belicheat with Vinny Testaturd at QB like 29-9 the week before they lost to the Chargers that year ?? I mean you should remember that we could look it up and put stats on that game up here and pictures if you want too much like you did for the Chargers game since you're so obsessed. After all most Browns fans losers should remember that playoff loss since that has been 1 of their only 2 playoff losses or playoff games for that matter over the course of the last 14 xxxxing years. You Browns turds can keep trying though to make yourselves look good and feel better because in the end you have NOTHING and your franchise and your organization is a complete and utter joke. Have fun watching the two teams in the AFC North battle it out for the right to go to the Super Bowl next week in the AFC Championship game.

Guest Ghoolie

I have always thought it stupid to laugh at a team who routinely kicks your ass, wins the division and goes to Superbowls while we finish second to Cinci.

We have Zomblow calling Ben a sissy for missing a game due to a concussion while our QB misses the season for a pinky finger.

I think just like the Ravens bitchslapped sissy Miami, I think the Pittsburgh D will be too much pressure for teh Charges. I will take the Steelers in a close one.

All I know is I'll be at the game for work. Taking some customers - GREAT seats - 50yl lowers behind the home bench. I've been to several games over the past several years and for the most part, Pitt fans are pretty cordial. But there is a large contingent that are ignorant to anything outside of waving the idiotic towels. It's funny when you sit amongst them, they just whack each other with them left and right. No care or regard for those in and around them, just worried about waving the hankie.

The real problem I have with their faithful is how hypocritical they can be. Like I said, these are great seats in and amongst mostly good fans, yet you still have fans booing the team (as they did numerous times during the Dallas game), ridiculing the QB (all season they are constantly all over Ben for bad decisions) and actually cheering for another team's injury. Sound familiar? Yep - it's for the same things they rip on Browns fans about. But it's okay when they do it....

It's just fans being fans. They should be able to recognize that instead of making crap up that they are 'better' fans. There are no 'better' fans. I'd LOVE to see how supportive that town would be if it had to endure the years of pain our organization has brought to us. It would be interesting to see how well their fans travel to away games if they had 8 years straight of crap football. Simple enough - they wouldn't. They've become everything they rip on. Spoiled brats. That's why last year (as I've stated before) before the Jaguar playoff game we asked 12+ customers to go with us in our 6 extra seats but ended up eating two seats. FIFTY YARD LINE LOWERS. The same customers that go year in and year out with us said no because they didn't think they had a chance to win. And while they ended up being right, it still is no excuse to not go to a home playoff game. Unless, of course, you are spoiled to the point where you only want to see a win.

That being said it does pain me to be in and amongst a winning atmosphere. I wish to God that the Browns will one day make it back to being at the top of the pack rather than bottom barrel. Heinz isn't a great field - if I had to rate it with the 20+ that I've been able to travel to it would rank in the bottom half, even with a winning team. It's too open, not loud and has only one scoreboard and sound system. As we sit there we get blaring sound from the one side and nothing from the other side. It's like an overgrown high school stadium. Kind of like many of the pittsburgh faithful - stuck in their high school glory days...

I've included a pic from a past game to let their fans drool over. Doesn't it piss you off that a die-hard Browns fan will be in these seats?

Go ahead - get in your quick rips and attempts at being funny, but there aren't many of yinz that wouldn't love to be sitting there with the enemy on Sunday. Enjoy your barcaloungers!

Guest Masters
I have always thought it stupid to laugh at a team who routinely kicks your ass, wins the division and goes to Superbowls while we finish second to Cinci.

We have Zomblow calling Ben a sissy for missing a game due to a concussion while our QB misses the season for a pinky finger.

I think just like the Ravens bitchslapped sissy Miami, I think the Pittsburgh D will be too much pressure for teh Charges. I will take the Steelers in a close one.

I am gonna take SD, but still in a close one. PIT can't protect Ben. When CLE is able to hit him and knock him out of a game, imagine what SD's D will do.

I am gonna take SD, but still in a close one. PIT can't protect Ben. When CLE is able to hit him and knock him out of a game, imagine what SD's D will do.

SDs D among the worst in Pass rush. Not a Big Concern.

Guest Masters
SDs D among the worst in Pass rush. Not a Big Concern.

While they still had Ted Cottrell as coordinator.

That D was hasseling Manning all day this past weekend. Since Rivera took over the D, Philips has looked like the guy he was while still have Merriman on the other side, and getting a whole lot more pressure on QBs.

Also, as I noted, if CLE's pathetic pass rush can get to Ben, you know you got pass protection problems.

While they still had Ted Cottrell as coordinator.

That D was hasseling Manning all day this past weekend. Since Rivera took over the D, Philips has looked like the guy he was while still have Merriman on the other side, and getting a whole lot more pressure on QBs.

Also, as I noted, if CLE's pathetic pass rush can get to Ben, you know you got pass protection problems.

While the Colts did lose the game Manning still was able to torch the Chargers this past week throwing for over 300 yards and completing over 60 percent of his passes. Manning was only sacked one time and that was at the end of the game by Dobbins on the 3rd down play on the goaline. While Rivera has made their D better since then, the coaches cant play on the field and make plays and the players on the Chargers defense especially in the secondary are still the same unit that Hines Ward torched for 124 yards on 11 catches, and that Ben threw for 308 yards against while completing 31 of 41 passes.

Plain and simple...Ben takes care of the Ball. I don't care What SD does ,Pittsburgh wins. But getting sacked is Nothing new to Ben....its gonna take Ben making a few stupid throws for SD to pull off a win. Not that it is impossible. Will be a Good game though.

I agree! Laughing at the Steelers for playing this week while the Browns are golfing, BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Who's laughing?

Just rooting for the Chargers to once again crush the spirits of "Frontrunner Nation."

Watching Tim McCryer bawl his brains out on the Three Sewers turf that day was a great great moment in Squealer history. I loved every second of it.

Just hoping for more of the same since once again, no-one is giving the Chargers a chance.

Doug

Yep - every Browns fan would cut off their right nut to switch teams right now and forever - bunch of f.ucking losers!

There is NOTHING in this world I could possibly want LESS than to be a Squealer fan.

DWJ

Can you blame them for not giving San Diego a chance???? They are an 8-8 team that had to have a miracle occur to get in!!! The Steelers defense speaks for itself as they are the best defense in the league...shutting down a back-up running back should not be too tough. As for the Steelers offense...I believe that Willie is finally healthy....that will serve us well and we should be able to most the ball up and down the field...but, we gotta score td's...not field goals!

Can you blame them for not giving San Diego a chance???? They are an 8-8 team that had to have a miracle occur to get in!!! The Steelers defense speaks for itself as they are the best defense in the league...shutting down a back-up running back should not be too tough. As for the Steelers offense...I believe that Willie is finally healthy....that will serve us well and we should be able to most the ball up and down the field...but, we gotta score td's...not field goals!

These are the kind of things that Squealer fans were ALL saying before that '94 Championship Game as well. The parallels are amazing. "No way do these guys beat our unstoppable defense."

Go Chargers!

DWJ

HERE WE GO FOOKIN CHARGERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!

Your right...everything is the same. Hell...Bubby Brister may start in place of Ben. Think before you post. The Steelers are clearly the superior team in every aspect of this game.

Yep and O'Dumbbell was superior to Stan Humphries. Heard it all before. You're clearly a youngster. Squealer arrogance goes back a long way Chumley. You're far from the first. The Squealers had the Number 1 defense in the NFL in '94, yet they couldn't hold off an average Chargers offense. You're supposition that you win "automatically" because Nancy-Boy Frankenstein is starting is hilarious. Think before you breathe.....Oh wait, much too late for that.

Doug

watch the reverse angle...... it looks like a trap to me. So why didnt the dumb ass refs get it right?

just like the imaculate double touch! the no call against the raiders!

or was that the imaculate incompletion?

Archived