THE BROWNS BOARD

Fiesta Bowl: Buckeyes vs. Longhorns

JC

Well, the Buckeyes will be playing the Longhorns tomorrow in the Fiesta Bowl. Let's hope that tOSU can pull this one out. There are some interesting players (and matchups) to watch in this game that can help the Browns next season.

The first interesting matchup is going to be Alex Boone vs. Brian Orakpo. I think Boone could be a help to us as a RT (If we could get him in the fourth round, I would be all for it). Although tOSU's line isn't great this year, Boone is the one lineman that consistently grades out well. He will have his hands full with Orakpo, who could provide a fierce pass rush for us if we decide to go that way with our first pick. Both players should be fun to watch.

Another interesting matchup will be Beanie Wells vs. Texas' number two ranked rushing defense. There has been some talk about Wells returning to Columbus next year, but I think most of believe he will gone. BTW, if the over/under on Beanie is 100 yards...I'm taking the over. He always shows up for big games.

The last mactup(s) that I feel are interesting will be Colt McCoy and the Texas passing game vs. Jenkins and Lauranaitis. Lauranaitis wreaked havoc on McCoy the last time they played. We'll see if the "Little Animal" can contain McCoy from scrambling and put pressure on him. Also, Jenkins will need to be able to provide sound coverage in the secondary to help stop McCoy.

NOTE: I know this should be in the "Players to Watch" thread, but since there are a lot of Buckeye fans here, I felt it derserved it's own thread.

GO BUCKEYES!!

Well, the Buckeyes will be playing the Longhorns tomorrow in the Fiesta Bowl. Let's hope that tOSU can pull this one out. There are some interesting players (and matchups) to watch in this game that can help the Browns next season.

The first interesting matchup is going to be Alex Boone vs. Brian Orakpo. I think Boone could be a help to us as a RT (If we could get him in the fourth round, I would be all for it). Although tOSU's line isn't great this year, Boone is the one lineman that consistently grades out well. He will have his hands full with Orakpo, who could provide a fierce pass rush for us if we decide to go that way with our first pick. Both players should be fun to watch.

Another interesting matchup will be Beanie Wells vs. Texas' number two ranked rushing defense. There has been some talk about Wells returning to Columbus next year, but I think most of believe he will gone. BTW, if the over/under on Beanie is 100 yards...I'm taking the over. He always shows up for big games.

The last mactup(s) that I feel are interesting will be Colt McCoy and the Texas passing game vs. Jenkins and Lauranaitis. Lauranaitis wreaked havoc on McCoy the last time they played. We'll see if the "Little Animal" can contain McCoy from scrambling and put pressure on him. Also, Jenkins will need to be able to provide sound coverage in the secondary to help stop McCoy.

NOTE: I know this should be in the "Players to Watch" thread, but since there are a lot of Buckeye fans here, I felt it derserved it's own thread.

GO BUCKEYES!!

"The last time they played..." McCoy was a RS freshman in his first big game. I think that your "players to watch" is pretty spot on though. Malcolm Jenkins vs. Quan Cosby is another matchup to watch.

2009 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Promo - #10 Ohio State vs. #3 Texas

Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Texas Longhorns

January 5, 2009

Ohio St. vs. Texas

Pre-Game: 5:40 p.m. MST

Kick Off: 6:00 p.m. MST (8:00pm ET)

TV: FOX Sports

Two guys who I would keep an eye on Monday Night

One thing I have noticed in Laurinaitis, is that a couple of years ago he woukd have a hard time covering TE's. But over the past 2 years he really has mastered that part of the game. Lets see how he matches up Monday night. He would be a great addition to our LB corp.

James Laurinaitis Ohio State LB Highlight Video

the second would be Malcolm Jenkins. he should be a first rounder and has amazing talent. he would be a great addition to our secondary.

CB Malcolm Jenkins Highlights OSU vs USC 9/13/08

I'm going to my first ever Bowl Game tomorrow night. I'm totally psyched for this. My boy got me a brand new Buckeyes jersey for Christmas, so I'll be wearing the colors. Just can't wait man....gonna be rough getting through work tonight. Also, have Tuesday thru Thursday off so I'll be having a bunch of barley pops.

GO BUCKEYES!

Doug

Outstanding Furnier! I hope you have a tremendous time!

I have never been to a bowl game; I am sure it would be a blast

From reports here in Columbus the tickets to the game can be had for a decent price

Again; I hope you have an outstanding time man

I got this feeling the Buckeyes show up huge and play lights out........AND WIN...............their Defense has steadly gotten better as the season progressed especially on the D line and the LB's and DB's are exceptional............

On offense the line has gotten better as well with the two freshman starting now playing much better than the guys they replaced........in deference to the Boone comment earlier.....he has been a major disappoint to me and an underachiever

Tyrelle Pryor has gotten better as the season progressed so he will be a factor making the offense formidable

If Chris Wells has a big game he will come out and be a first round pick........if he does not have a big game he may stay another year

Outstanding Furnier! I hope you have a tremendous time!

I have never been to a bowl game; I am sure it would be a blast

From reports here in Columbus the tickets to the game can be had for a decent price

Again; I hope you have an outstanding time man

Thanks Lister! I haven't looked forward to anything this much in a long time. I got mine for $125, second level third row at about the 30 yard line. I didn't think that was TOO bad. I checked the sight lines for the stadium and they look like excellent seats.

The bad part is I'm going with 3 Longhorn fans and 2 guys who are just going to go, so I'm the lone Buckeye in my group. I guarantee I out yell these dudes. They don't take their football as seriously as I do.

Doug

I got this feeling the Buckeyes show up huge and play lights out........AND WIN...............their Defense has steadly gotten better as the season progressed especially on the D line and the LB's and DB's are exceptional............

On offense the line has gotten better as well with the two freshman starting now playing much better than the guys they replaced........in deference to the Boone comment earlier.....he has been a major disappoint to me and an underachiever

Tyrelle Pryor has gotten better as the season progressed so he will be a factor making the offense formidable

If Chris Wells has a big game he will come out and be a first round pick........if he does not have a big game he may stay another year

Man Rich I hope you are right....I just have this bad feeling about the game

or it could be the chili

Archived