THE BROWNS BOARD

I Think Hillis Is Gone

ClevelandFanForLife

I honestly think that Hillis will be traded this week. Shurmur is seeing what the offense can do without him and if they can move the ball without him and if he likes what he sees, Hillis will be gone. At this point I'm fine with it honestly. The way Hillis runs he will be done in 3 years anyway. Let's he something for him now while we can.

All I want is for them to be honest about what the hell is going on. Are Hillis and Shurmer butting heads, do they want to trade him, or is Shurmer just a dumbass. What is it. Why spend the whole week telling us that Hillis is going to get most of the snaps and then only let him play in the first quarter... oh just watched Hardesty fumble a hand off, good thing Hillis isn't playing.

this team is just wwaaayyyyy too bad right now. for hillis to stick his neck out for a contract demand is asking for career suicide. i could see him making his case if he breaks through the line on every playing going for 30-40 yards a touch but man.......i feel for the guy cuz i don't think anyone sans a jim brown could do that right now.

is it possible to trade a coach and a president of a team? i'm down for that.

this team is just wwaaayyyyy too bad right now. for hillis to stick his neck out for a contract demand is asking for career suicide. i could see him making his case if he breaks through the line on every playing going for 30-40 yards a touch but man.......i feel for the guy cuz i don't think anyone sans a jim brown could do that right now.

is it possible to trade a coach and a president of a team? i'm down for that.

I was up for giving Shurmur a fair chance but they have looked nothing short of pitiful after a bye week. What the hell did we do to prepare? Anything? The sad part is all things considered, our defense is playing ok despite the loss of Haden. Only 7 points are truly due to the defense today. Abysmal special teams. Just terrible..

Even Luck couldnt save this team sorry, plus the Browns wont get him no matter how many picks you have the Dolphins or any other team wont let him slide past......Browns have 2nd overall pick Dolphins have 1st,Browns say we will give you the 2nd overall pick as well as are other 1st with a 2nd and 3rd next year.....Dolphins tell them to put the pipe down Luck is a lock

Hamstring my ass. If that were the case they would have reported it right away, not a quarter later. Plus I highly doubt that Hillis would sit out with a tweeked hamstring if he played with broken ribs last season.

You didn't or don't play sports do you? It's a hell of a lot easier to play with broken ribs than it is to play with a tweaked hamstring. You can't put any weight on that leg if your hamstring is tweaked. You get zero power and only risk making it worlds worse. Broken ribs certainly hurt like a bitch but you can take a shot and continue rolling along. Play through the pain so to speak. There is no playing through a messed up hamstring.

If a player has a hamstring issue, they would have gone to the training room or be rubbing it on the bench or trying to stretch it. Not stand up looking like a lost pussy cat that wants to go onto the field and can't understand why he isn't allowed to.

If Shurmer isn't going to use Hillis the way he needs to be used then we need to trade him and get something for him while he is valuable. Then in the draft go after Trent Richardson out of Alabama with one of our 1st round picks. Richardson is a good blend of power and speed, can catch the ball and rarely fumbles.

I honestly think that Hillis will be traded this week. Shurmur is seeing what the offense can do without him and if they can move the ball without him and if he likes what he sees, Hillis will be gone. At this point I'm fine with it honestly. The way Hillis runs he will be done in 3 years anyway. Let's he something for him now while we can.

Well, to me, Shurmur's question seems to be answered: they CAN'T move the ball without him on a consistent basis. As much as his running, it is receiving out of the backfield that the Browns miss.

Tell me that on that last drive if the Browns couldn't have gotten those 3 yards needed for a 1st down if Hillis was able to be in the game, by either running or through a dump off pass

Good grief, how sad!

This guy hit the nail on the head. Hillis was the lone golden corn kernel in the turd that was the Browns last year. No one expected it because, quite honestly, what team takes the Browns' offense seriously?

You are all so quick to blame Coach Shurmur, but you have to realize he wants to become a pass-first offense with an inaccurate QB and a WR corps that has very little talent.

We're in year one of rebuilding (yes, year one) and, if you truly love this team, you'll have to be patient. This isn't going to happen overnight. Holmgren and Heckert have solid enough credentials for us to trust whatever it is they do with this team.

Hillis-iz-boos wants the FO to be honest about what is going on? Sniff, sniff....... boo hoo..........

For the love of naked negroes I posted what was going on with Hillis back in week one. What The FkUCK about this does your brick-thick head fail to understand?

1) Hillis is an average Athletic talent.

2) Rich and I repeatedly told you the reason he had a good year last year was because NOBODY planned their defense to account for the run when getting ready for the Browns. He simply caught teams with their pants down.

3) Rich and I likewise told you ALL, WAY ahead of time, that in 2011 Hillis would be stuffed because he is EASY to be stuffed. Why? Because he is slow and has no side-to-side stuff....... so he gets stuffed.

Now, based on his lucky, never-to-happen again 2010 season, Hillis is convinced that he deserves AP money. As fkucking dumb as Homgren is, he isn't that fkucking dumb.

If Hillis can accept his roll as a #3 quality back on a team, then YES, there is a place for him. However, he isn't a guy that is going to have 150 yard days; he isn't a guy who is going to carry the ball 20+ times in a game; AND MOST IMPORTANTLY............. he isn't a guy who causes fear in opposing defenses.

If he will play for $650K plus incentives, then sign him, If not? His skill is not much harder to come by than a fatass OL.

Hillis is an average player. Get over it, and PLEASE get that idiotic suck-up memo to HIllis off the Home Page. Good grief, how sad!

Of course, the fact that he literally won the Indy game by himself doesn't factor into your thinking....or the fact that we probably lost the Cincy game because Shurmur refused to run him in the second half....and the fact that he had strep throat and now a hamstring injury.

Don't let the fact get in the way of your delusions.

Also, the fact that this team lost its starting Left Guard, Right tackle and center for a while doesn't factor into your consideration either.

Archived