THE BROWNS BOARD

Uh Oh The Browns Lost To A Team With Superior Talent

Pumpkin Eater

Clearly the Browns should be able to beat every team in the league even though they were just 5-12 for the last two seasons. It doesn't matter that they have no depth and even many of their starters aren't that good. Fire everyone because they are only 2-2. Obviously McCoy sucks. Obviously Shurmer is an idiot. We need to fire him and get Rob Ryan back here, because our defense was soooooooooooooooooo great when he was here. Holmgren and Heckert need to go, who cares how long it really takes to ammass enough talent to win consistently. They should have done it, they've already been on the job for two years! that's two drafts to get good players. With the reasonable expectation of finding 4 great players each draft, they should already have found 8. That's almost an entire offense or defense! Let's fire the whole team and start over!

Sorry, the only one who needs to go, is Colt Frye, we will be a great back-up in this league. We are stuck with him this year and next. Unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat and get Andrew Luck..

I do not want to hear new system bullshit, hows Cam Newton doing in his new system, and that team is real shitty. At least the Panthers are showing improvement every week. they are in the same boat New QB, new system, lack of talent. One play maker in Smith.

We have a better record because of who we played

no they should be winning now and need to win the superbowl this year. H&H have had two years. that is more than enough time to take a team from one of the worst in the league, devoid of any talent, to the superbowl. And they better win when they get there or it will be McKoy's fault.

awesome sarcasm! lets see what else there is...

man this team is xxxxing awesome! see mccoy complete all those 3 yard check downs to his RBs? so what our offense looks anemic, our HC/OC looks lost and our system is sickening to watch. we should all just blindly trust these FO guys cause if you see the product on the field, you'll realize these guys can never make a bad decision and everything will be fine.

never mind they are not utilizing their personnel properly....i mean, evan moore isn't really that good of a pass catcher anyway. he just gets lucky. this coaching staff is sooooooooooo much better than mangini's and RAC's, cant you see how prepared this team is...how organized, how disciplined, how firey them come to play every week. this is definitely a new browns cause we've never seen such awesomeness come from Berea. holmgren is so modest since he's never done anything wrong...ever in his career...that whatever QB he sets his eyes on that we know, will be a superstar. it shows up on the game film. McCoy completed 40 passes last game...like WOW!! sure, maybe he didn't score alot, but he completed 40 passes and definietly didn't look like he was a rookie starting his first game.

this is gonna be a great season!!

Sorry, the only one who needs to go, is Colt Frye, we will be a great back-up in this league. We are stuck with him this year and next. Unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat and get Andrew Luck..

I do not want to hear new system bullshit, hows Cam Newton doing in his new system, and that team is real shitty. At least the Panthers are showing improvement every week. they are in the same boat New QB, new system, lack of talent. One play maker in Smith.

We have a better record because of who we played

Yes another Cam Newton fan! Have you actually watched him play or did you jump on the ESPN Newton man-love bandwagon? Newton has a 59.5 completion percentage compared to McCoy's 58.1. Sounds pretty equal to me. Newton has thrown 5 TD's and 5 picks to McCoy's 6 TD's and 3 picks. Advantage McCoy. The only stat is which Newton is better is 1386 yards thrown to McCoy's 984. So you basically think he is better because he has thrown for more yards? McCoy threw for 350 on Sunday. Did he play amazing? No! Newton has a ton of yards because his team is always behind in games, plus he has a top WR in Steve Smith and a great TE in Greg Olsen (picked him up from the bears in the offseason). Also notice how one of these quarterbacks has a game winning 4th quarter drive and the other does not..

Yes another Cam Newton fan! Have you actually watched him play or did you jump on the ESPN Newton man-love bandwagon? Newton has a 59.5 completion percentage compared to McCoy's 58.1. Sounds pretty equal to me. Newton has thrown 5 TD's and 5 picks to McCoy's 6 TD's and 3 picks. Advantage McCoy. The only stat is which Newton is better is 1386 yards thrown to McCoy's 984. So you basically think he is better because he has thrown for more yards? McCoy threw for 350 on Sunday. Did he play amazing? No! Newton has a ton of yards because his team is always behind in games, plus he has a top WR in Steve Smith and a great TE in Greg Olsen (picked him up from the bears in the offseason). Also notice how one of these quarterbacks has a game winning 4th quarter drive and the other does not..

Difference could be that newton has a good arm and some confidence in his ability and isnt afraid to take a shot at a WR that has 2 feet of separation colt simply looks em off and moves on to the primary target, covered or not...

But anyways back to the topic, yeah its almost 2 years later and this regime has failed we are only 2-2 at the bye week...

Fire em all! hehehehe

could not have quoted Gips more. I know Colt has better stats, when you throw it 62 times for 3 yards a pop. You will have a hogher Completion % with less yards..HMMMM I think you said that with your stats.

I also am not a Cam Newton fan, matter a fact I thought he was going to be as big of a bust as Russell, Leaf,... Etc... Etc..I am as shocked as everybody else. But he is not affraid to make plays, does not check down in less than a second. He is not afraid to let his playmakers make plays......

Listen I understand you really want Colt to succeed, as do I. He has that beat all odds feel that being undersized, no arm, and not that acurate. If he succeeded than it would be a great story, and it would be our story..Just like you wanted Frye, and Quinn, and Wynn, and DA....Fact is it not going to happen...

We had our one great story last year Hillis, now tht story is done. Browns Front office knows that, thats why they are not paying him (another Topic for another Time)

Can Mccoy become a Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Rivers, hell how about Freeman from Tampa..The Answer is No, as much as I wish I could say yes, just not happening...

could not have quoted Gips more. I know Colt has better stats, when you throw it 62 times for 3 yards a pop. You will have a hogher Completion % with less yards..HMMMM I think you said that with your stats.

McCoy's short passes are 5-6 yards down field except for the WR screens so I don't know where you get 3. Getting 5 or 6 on every play would be fine as it clearly would move the chains. McCoy doesn't look great but he hasn't looked as bad as what we have had the past 10 years. If Shurmur ran the ball more we could throw further down field off of play action.

I also am not a Cam Newton fan, matter a fact I thought he was going to be as big of a bust as Russell, Leaf,... Etc... Etc..I am as shocked as everybody else. But he is not affraid to make plays, does not check down in less than a second. He is not afraid to let his playmakers make plays......

What are you shocked about? My point is if you like Newton's performance then how do you hate McCoy? We don't have a Steve Smith type receiver to throw to like Newton does. Notice that most of Newton's yards have gone to Smith and when they are down in games.

Listen I understand you really want Colt to succeed, as do I. He has that beat all odds feel that being undersized, no arm, and not that acurate. If he succeeded than it would be a great story, and it would be our story..Just like you wanted Frye, and Quinn, and Wynn, and DA....Fact is it not going to happen...

Of course all true browns fans want to see their team succeed but your "fact" is only an opinion.

We had our one great story last year Hillis, now tht story is done. Browns Front office knows that, thats why they are not paying him (another Topic for another Time)

So you are saying the front office believes Hillis is a one year wonder? You are letting the media brainwash you.

Can Mccoy become a Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Rivers, hell how about Freeman from Tampa..The Answer is No, as much as I wish I could say yes, just not happening...

We don't need McCoy to be Manning, Rodgers, Brady, or Rivers. We do need him to play better but don't close the book on him until he gets used to the new offense. Again, a lot of the check downs are due to Shurmur not using play action effectively and Colt still getting used to the new offense. Saying Freeman is a lot better is ludicrous.

Listen I want Mccoy to be a great QB as much as amybody else, he just does not have the tools to be a great QB. We can agrue this all day long. He just does not have the arm strenth and the size to look over his O-line to read defenses. He aslo does not have the back shoulder throw that makes all the top teir QBs great.

His stats are a little misleading, he should have at least 3 more picks this year..it is what it is.

Point with Newton is he is in the same spot as Colt..New coach,new system, no players ( expect Smith)...WE are more talented than the Panthers, but Cam knows how to run his offense.. I do not think Colt does...

Our recievers are getting open, but he is so quick to check down everybody thinks are WRs can get of the line this is so far from the truth it hurts..

Every year I want our QB to be great just like everyone else, but untill be draft a top flit QB it just not going to happen. WE drafted 2 since we came back. Couch who really was not that bad, and still thinks he would have be ok if he was not hit 150 times a season. Quinn I will be honest I thought Quinn was going to be the real deal. I was wrong

As for Hillis, I have been saying it forever he is a great story.. I really do like him, but I do not think he is what Shurmer and our front office is looking for in the WCO..This is why they have not given him a new contract. I think they really like Hardesty style of running and want Hardesty to take over as the lead back. That will be hard because EVERYBODY loves Hillis, and they should..I just think his time is about over in Cleveland

awesome sarcasm! lets see what else there is...

man this team is xxxxing awesome! see mccoy complete all those 3 yard check downs to his RBs? so what our offense looks anemic, our HC/OC looks lost and our system is sickening to watch. we should all just blindly trust these FO guys cause if you see the product on the field, you'll realize these guys can never make a bad decision and everything will be fine.

never mind they are not utilizing their personnel properly....i mean, evan moore isn't really that good of a pass catcher anyway. he just gets lucky. this coaching staff is sooooooooooo much better than mangini's and RAC's, cant you see how prepared this team is...how organized, how disciplined, how firey them come to play every week. this is definitely a new browns cause we've never seen such awesomeness come from Berea. holmgren is so modest since he's never done anything wrong...ever in his career...that whatever QB he sets his eyes on that we know, will be a superstar. it shows up on the game film. McCoy completed 40 passes last game...like WOW!! sure, maybe he didn't score alot, but he completed 40 passes and definietly didn't look like he was a rookie starting his first game.

this is gonna be a great season!!

LOL!! Love this post!! Wait till next yeat, right?? Or the year after that?! Or, wait, the....

Clearly the Browns should be able to beat every team in the league even though they were just 5-12 for the last two seasons. It doesn't matter that they have no depth and even many of their starters aren't that good. Fire everyone because they are only 2-2. Obviously McCoy sucks. Obviously Shurmer is an idiot. We need to fire him and get Rob Ryan back here, because our defense was soooooooooooooooooo great when he was here. Holmgren and Heckert need to go, who cares how long it really takes to ammass enough talent to win consistently. They should have done it, they've already been on the job for two years! that's two drafts to get good players. With the reasonable expectation of finding 4 great players each draft, they should already have found 8. That's almost an entire offense or defense! Let's fire the whole team and start over!

exactly.

hey when did you steal my dog for that pic?

Can Mccoy become a Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Rivers, hell how about Freeman from Tampa..

yeah, maybe if he grew a foot taller gained about 60 lbs and was given an arm.

hey i think the kid is a winner and i like his attitude...and i know people talk about drew brees not being tall etc. etc. but he's also got a cannon for an arm (brees). look at all the successfull QBs (sans brees) nowadays....mccoy dwarfs in all aspects physically.

Colt McCoy is not the Browns problem. The Browns biggest problem is the same problem the Baltimore Orioles have. The hardest thing to do in sports is change a losing culture. The O's have had that problem since 1997, when, in fact, they were beaten in the ALCS by the Indians. Colt is a decent QB. He's a couple steps below the big names in the NFL, but he's a couple important steps above the Derek Andersons, Tarvaris Jacksons, and Chad Hennes of the league. Surround this guy with talent compatible with his skill set, and you will find success. I met him when he was here in Baltimore to receive the Johnny U Golden Arm award, and he came off as a very intelligent, likable kid. He isn't the problem in Cleveland, but he can be the solution if given the right set of circumstances. He's leaps and bounds better then Charlie Frye and third stringer Brady Quinn. But, just like the O's, the losing culture needs to change in Cleveland.

WE are more talented than the Panthers

tampadawgs i agreed with pretty much everything you said in your post, except right now i don't think we're better than anyone in this league. position vs. position on paper carolina i think has more talent, except haden hillis thomas and mack and some up and comers on our D line.

Colt McCoy is not the Browns problem. The Browns biggest problem is the same problem the Baltimore Orioles have. The hardest thing to do in sports is change a losing culture. The O's have had that problem since 1997, when, in fact, they were beaten in the ALCS by the Indians. Colt is a decent QB. He's a couple steps below the big names in the NFL, but he's a couple important steps above the Derek Andersons, Tarvaris Jacksons, and Chad Hennes of the league. Surround this guy with talent compatible with his skill set, and you will find success. I met him when he was here in Baltimore to receive the Johnny U Golden Arm award, and he came off as a very intelligent, likable kid. He isn't the problem in Cleveland, but he can be the solution if given the right set of circumstances. He's leaps and bounds better then Charlie Frye and third stringer Brady Quinn. But, just like the O's, the losing culture needs to change in Cleveland.

Well thank you for the perspective, and right you are. There's numerous dodos posting here of the opinion every top FA available will flock to Cleveland if we just wave enough money in front of them. (and then we're in cap hell, which they don't realize either, but that's another story) But after all the losing far, far too many fans are are screaming to WIN NOW!!!! Rome wasn't built in a day, and you can't change a losing culture overnight either. Mangini did a good job building the foundation getting rid of all the miscreants, and finally there's hope things are turning around- Heckert has done a stellar job of drafting the last two years.

Blaming everyone and their uncle about two losses. McCoy's not the reason we lost to the Titans.

And regarding your downtrodden Orioles, it's why I can't follow Baseball. When teams like the Yankees and Red Sox can buy up all the top talent count me uninterested.

Yes I do...

The only player I would want on the Panthers is Steve Smith and a couple of there Defensive players

And the Panthers are 1-3.

Besides, they have far better players. Just look at Cam Newton's supporting cast.

Steve Smith. DeAngelo Williams. Jon Stewart. Greg Olsen. Jeremey Shockey. Jeff Otah. Jordan Gross. Hell even Brandon LaFell has better stats than Slowbiskie.

Do you really think the Browns players in their respective positions are better? Maybe only JT.

the only people wanting to fire shurmur and run mccoy out of town are those who thought that we were going to go 13-3. people have already forgotten that we didn't really have an off-season and we are going through a complete transformation on both sides of the ball. as well, this team is a youth movement.

Well thank you for the perspective, and right you are. There's numerous dodos posting here of the opinion every top FA available will flock to Cleveland if we just wave enough money in front of them. (and then we're in cap hell, which they don't realize either, but that's another story) But after all the losing far, far too many fans are are screaming to WIN NOW!!!! Rome wasn't built in a day, and you can't change a losing culture overnight either. Mangini did a good job building the foundation getting rid of all the miscreants, and finally there's hope things are turning around- Heckert has done a stellar job of drafting the last two years.

Blaming everyone and their uncle about two losses. McCoy's not the reason we lost to the Titans.

And regarding your downtrodden Orioles, it's why I can't follow Baseball. When teams like the Yankees and Red Sox can buy up all the top talent count me uninterested.

Couldn't agree with you more in reference to baseball. I'm done with it by June. I do believe things in Cleveland are turning, and very soon, they will be a force to be reckoned with in the AFC North. But as long as you guys can beat the Steelers twice a year, I will be okay with that. Good luck, Cleveland's fans deserve a winner.

I do not think the Panthers running backs now are as good as ours...

I do think we have better tight ends

I do think MoMass, Cribbs, and Little are better than there WR except Smith

I do think Cam makes his players better, while Colt does not..What did Smith do last yr?

I have been saying this forever, I do think Hillis is a one hit wonder (That is why they are not giving him a long term contract)

The teams I think we have more talent are as follows

Miami

Jacks

Seattle

Cincy

Car. Panthers

K.C ( just cause so many injurys)

Thats really about it.....

ThLast Sunday's performance against the Tennessee Titans was a typical Colt McCoy game. His numbers weren't terrible, but his play was.

McCoy is supposed to be an accurate quarterback, but he is completing just 58.1 percent of his passes in a high percentage West Coast Offense. He is also averaging just 5.7 yards per attempt and despite throwing the second most passes in the NFL, he has thrown just six touchdowns.

Grade: D-

Cam Newton

Wesley Hitt/Getty Images No, Cam Newton has not been perfect. But he sure has exceeded just about everyone's expectations for him.

The 2011 No. 1 overall pick is the first rookie to ever pass for 400 yards twice in a season. And yes, he's only played four games this year. Newton has completed a surprising 59.5 percent of his passes and has scored nine touchdowns. Newton has, however, made some mistakes and has thrown just as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Grade: B

Archived