THE BROWNS BOARD

Nice W

Bob806

Only real negatives would be nit picking....steady improvement across the board I'd say, so a pretty good win I'd say.

Not sold on the coaching staff at all, but credit goes out to them. Nice adjustments and stuck with the run. Cheers!

I kind of agree on the coaching. It seems we got conservative a few times in the 2nd half, but maybe it's because we still have some serious O-Line issues on the right side.

I really liked Sheard today, he came alive in the 2nd half.

Only real negatives would be nit picking....steady improvement across the board I'd say, so a pretty good win I'd say.

Not sold on the coaching staff at all, but credit goes out to them. Nice adjustments and stuck with the run. Cheers!

i think it's ok to point out the areas that this team needs to improve in which will probably turn into a 'what position we need to address in the draft next year' debate but, what the hoo.

hopefully we can get a bonafide dominant RT in one of the later rounds but CB would be my first pick then WR.

i doubt if i'll ever be sold on the coaching staff with the way they were brought in (again JMO) but it was an improvement across the board from last week. let's not make too much of this win considerng the texans smacked their asses up and down the street last week.

games

A step forward for this young team and relief for fans yet an empty victory without beating manning...hehehehe

If manning were playing we would have been raped 53-17

Really, do you realize the last time the Browns played the Colts with Manning, they held him without a td pass for the 1 st time in 91 games.....The team to hold him td less before then was the 2003 Browns.Also with Manning. So you can't be too sure of your statement about getting raped by 40 pts can you?

Really, do you realize the last time the Browns played the Colts with Manning, they held him without a td pass for the 1 st time in 91 games.....The team to hold him td less before then was the 2003 Browns.Also with Manning. So you can't be too sure of your statement about getting raped by 40 pts can you?

you're right.

we would've been raped by 50 pts.

i'm very happy we won, just don't think we could have won with manning at QB. not many teams do/did when the guy is/was in there.

i doubt if this team is as bad as we played last week but don't think they're ready to be hoisting the lombardi trophy anytime soon either.

i mean there is this little thing called reality, ya know?

A step forward for this young team and relief for fans yet an empty victory without beating manning...hehehehe

If manning were playing we would have been raped 53-17

See my post in another thread wherein I show that in his career Manning has never beaten the Browns by more than 7 points....and those were against Browns teams that were far worse than this one.

i think it's ok to point out the areas that this team needs to improve in which will probably turn into a 'what position we need to address in the draft next year' debate but, what the hoo.

hopefully we can get a bonafide dominant RT in one of the later rounds but CB would be my first pick then WR.

i doubt if i'll ever be sold on the coaching staff with the way they were brought in (again JMO) but it was an improvement across the board from last week. let's not make too much of this win considerng the texans smacked their asses up and down the street last week.

One word: Linebacker!

I told my friends before the game if Hillis didn't see 25+ carries today I was going to drive to cleveland and protest in front of the stadium haha. Bottom line: When we feed the monster it moves the offense along.

So what was Shurmur thinking when he had Hardesty in on that first and goal?

You take your wins however you get them. The other teams in the AFC West aren't going to be shedding tears Kansas City has already been decimated by injuries.

I happen to agree with Gipper- we desperately need a Clay Matthews Jr. type linebacker to take the next step. With two first round picks, I look for the Browns to go LB and WR. WRREBEL will be very happy. You can pick up decent RTs in the second round. CB? yeah, Sheldon Brown isn't getting any younger, but Skrine has shown enough potential I think he could develop into a #2 CB.

yea man, I was just straight baffled there. I mean I guess you don't know if Hillis needed a breather or some issue, but I'm sure he would take that back. But yea it's clear to me anyway that we realized the importance of hillis on the offense sunday. I hope to see a lot more of the same against the fins

I had no earthly idea. Maybe hardesty had a good week of practice so he promised him a goal line rep or something ... unbelievalbey bad timing to insert him ... we lost four points and my fantasy teams lost six each (hillis is my tailback.

Zombo

I had no earthly idea. Maybe hardesty had a good week of practice so he promised him a goal line rep or something ... unbelievalbey bad timing to insert him ... we lost four points and my fantasy teams lost six each (hillis is my tailback.

Zombo

I'm fine with Hardesty getting carries down near the goal line though not really thrilled with sending him up the middle like that. I've never played football, but I would think getting tossed into the game in the 4th quarter for the first time and getting goal line carries when the field is shorter can't feel very comfortable. Would seem like a strange time to get him his first carries.

I'm fine with Hardesty getting carries down near the goal line though not really thrilled with sending him up the middle like that. I've never played football, but I would think getting tossed into the game in the 4th quarter for the first time and getting goal line carries when the field is shorter can't feel very comfortable. Would seem like a strange time to get him his first carries.

I honestly thought Hardesty must have been injured when we didnt see him all through the game until then, just seemed like you said a strange call to throw him in for his first carry of the day on that series. Dont think many coaches leave out players and bring them in like that unless it for injury replacement reasons, specially as Hillis was being given everything all game prior to that.

I honestly thought Hardesty must have been injured when we didnt see him all through the game until then, just seemed like you said a strange call to throw him in for his first carry of the day on that series. Dont think many coaches leave out players and bring them in like that unless it for injury replacement reasons, specially as Hillis was being given everything all game prior to that.

For a minute I thought it was Hillis who may have been injured until he came back in on like 3rd down.

i'm very happy we won, just don't think we could have won with manning at QB. not many teams do/did when the guy is/was in there.

i doubt if this team is as bad as we played last week but don't think they're ready to be hoisting the lombardi trophy anytime soon either.

i mean there is this little thing called reality, ya know?

anyone could come up with 60 what-if scenarios. Why not enjoy the win for a few days.

Archived