THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL gives Cards final blackout deadline extension

Squintz

You've got to be kidding me.....these cities don't deserve playoff football teams.

NFL gives Cards final blackout deadline extension

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) –

The NFL has granted a second, final 24-hour extension of its television blackout deadline for the Arizona Cardinals' wild card playoff game against Atlanta on Saturday.

The team has until 2:30 p.m. on Friday to sell its remaining tickets. A sellout crowd is necessary for the NFL to lift its blackout of the home television market.

The NFL had already extended the deadline 24 hours to 2:30 p.m. on Thursday. In a news release, the team said 3,700 tickets remained.

"Based on the activity we've seen the last couple of days and particularly in the last 24 hours, we're very optimistic that this extension will get us where we need to be," said Ron Minegar, the Cardinals executive vice president and chief operating officer.

The Minnesota Vikings were also given an extension Wednesday to sell more tickets and avoid local TV blackouts of their playoff games this weekend.

As of midday Wednesday, the Vikings had 11,000 tickets to sell by 4:30 p.m. ET Friday to satisfy the league's sellout requirements and ensure the game will be broadcast.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9017548...dline-extension

I actually think the Cards have a chance to take it all this year. As New England showed last year, if your offense can score enough points, nobody can beat you. Kurt Warner has played an amazing season and he's been here before, dont be suprised if the Cardinals take it this year, they are the hardcore underdogs!

Warner Boldin and Fitzgerald are gonna light it up

Guest Masters
I actually think the Cards have a chance to take it all this year. As New England showed last year, if your offense can score enough points, nobody can beat you. Kurt Warner has played an amazing season and he's been here before, dont be suprised if the Cardinals take it this year, they are the hardcore underdogs!

Warner Boldin and Fitzgerald are gonna light it up

And as NE showed last year, if you can't run the ball or stop th run, you can't win it all.

Cards will be lucky to get out of the first round. I don't see them beating ATL. The only teams ARZ could beat this year were the bad teams in their own division.

Archived