THE BROWNS BOARD

Hurricane Irene

Kosar_For_President

Link

T, are you leaving?

I am live in Raleigh, NC. People are getting a little nervous here. It could be anything from a category 1 to a 3 if it hits NC. I will wait till Friday morning before I decide if I will wait it out at my girlfriends house (brick with a basement) or try to head further inland like Charlotte for a night at a hotel. Really depends on path and strength.

I am live in Raleigh, NC. People are getting a little nervous here. It could be anything from a category 1 to a 3 if it hits NC. I will wait till Friday morning before I decide if I will wait it out at my girlfriends house (brick with a basement) or try to head further inland like Charlotte for a night at a hotel. Really depends on path and strength.

First storm of the season is always hyped up. Dude you will be fine in Raleigh. I live on the Outer Banks and sometimes it takes days to get back on the island so I am told.

Orlando area. In 2004 Charley shifted at the last minute and came right through here. Until 2-3 hours before he came, the projected path was to hug the western peninsula coastline and make landfall in the big bend area. Weather is so dynamic anything could happen. I won't feel safe until she's north of here.

Link

T, are you leaving?

Hell No! I love hurricanes. I'm gonna sleep right through it.

I'll bet they will clear the Outer Banks though.

My experience with hurricanes is that it stimulates the local econmy after they hit.

actually on second thought, hurricanes suck as bad as this dude in the video.

The fascist ObaMao regime is racist. Thousands are suffering, some have even died,

while the trucks to load emergency supplies still haven' t been loaded.

It proves that Obamao and co hate white people, because so many of those along the coast are white.

It's a complete, cold blooded failure and Obamao couldn't care less.

It's Obamao's and Biden's Irene disaster.

he and Biden are pure evil. They surely "frighten" Shep..... @@

@Diehard, if the storm is a category 2 if/when it hits NYC, it's going to really xxxx up that city. The worry was that the subways would flood. That would cause a huge amount of congestion and cost the city millions.

d4512_yIIRf1.png

Sorry Vapor. I'm not buying the hype. I've been through many "Typhoon's" and can tell you what they are like. It didn't xxxx up the city. It didn't destroy the subways. Sure some people died, but people die in normal thunder storms. This was nothing.

Right, but cities always need to plan for the worst case scenario, which is what a cat-2 hurricane would have been in NYC. Luckily, it was only a tropical storm when it made landfall in NYC.

What a BULLSHIT Excuse! 14 people died while trying to evacuate because of all the Fear Mongering done over this pussy storm. I live in Wilmington NC and have seen my fair share of storms AND hurricanes, and this little so called hurricane that didn't even have an eye was not even strong enough for them to force mandatory evacuations on a lot of the island around here. So when they started the Fear Factor and forced over 2 Million people to leave NY I knew this was just a Homeland Security DRILL/PYSOPS

And now all we see on the local television stations around here is "Trust has been Earned".

napolitano-nazI1.jpg

The fascist ObaMao regime is racist. Thousands are suffering, some have even died,

while the trucks to load emergency supplies still haven' t been loaded.

It proves that Obamao and co hate white people, because so many of those along the coast are white.

It's a complete, cold blooded failure and Obamao couldn't care less.

It's Obamao's and Biden's Irene disaster.

he and Biden are pure evil. They surely "frighten" Shep..... @@

Bullshit Cal, the Outer Banks which took the brunt of the storm had trucks, supplies and Red Cross out as Irene was leaving, a great response, but you should know that because you live here. Just another reason your ideologies cloud your better judgement. FACT.

T, it wasn't as bad as other storms, but the amount of rain and the length it was here messed some stuff up. It created a new island in Hatteras, 150 yard wide inlet from the ocean to the sound. Hatteras will be without power for months. My friends house on the sound is gone. Hundreds of houses are gone from the rain and surge. There are random boats everywhere. 8 people died here.

PHOTOS

What a BULLSHIT Excuse! 14 people died while trying to evacuate because of all the Fear Mongering done over this pussy storm. I live in Wilmington NC and have seen my fair share of storms AND hurricanes, and this little so called hurricane that didn't even have an eye was not even strong enough for them to force mandatory evacuations on a lot of the island around here. So when they started the Fear Factor and forced over 2 Million people to leave NY I knew this was just a Homeland Security DRILL/PYSOPS

And now all we see on the local television stations around here is "Trust has been Earned".

napolitano-nazI1.jpg

Come on. The truth is T, no one knew what this storm was going to do. People downgraded Katrina from a 4 to a 3, then back to a 5 within hours. Give it up.

Come on. The truth is T, no one knew what this storm was going to do. People downgraded Katrina from a 4 to a 3, then back to a 5 within hours. Give it up.

You know that a class 1 or class 2 hurricane is nothing to worry about. Plus as hurricanes head further north they lose speed because of the colder water temps.

It sounds like Big Sis and Obama needed a crisis to manage so they strike fear into all the sheep.

Bullshit Cal, the Outer Banks which took the brunt of the storm had trucks, supplies and Red Cross out as Irene was leaving, a great response, but you should know that because you live here. Just another reason your ideologies cloud your better judgement. FACT.

T, it wasn't as bad as other storms, but the amount of rain and the length it was here messed some stuff up. It created a new island in Hatteras, 150 yard wide inlet from the ocean to the sound. Hatteras will be without power for months. My friends house on the sound is gone. Hundreds of houses are gone from the rain and surge. There are random boats everywhere. 8 people died here.

PHOTOS

The outer banks are always a trouble spot for any tropical storm or hurricane.

The outer banks are always a trouble spot for any tropical storm or hurricane.

I know T. Emergency services have been awesome down here, Red Cross, etc. That is why I love the people here and love living here, they will help out anyone, unlike the cynicals in Cleveland. Before work, I took 40 cases of water down to the ferry to help the folks in Hatteras, my car was stuffed to the gills. Will be doing that every day.

Just wanted to expound on Cal's ignorant comments on how white people were not being helped because Obama didn't like them. Who the fook cares about Obama. It's a stupid comment and one of the only things I've been offended about EVER on this board. Unless you are here to see it and are living in it, shut the fook up. These emergency people that Obama never sent down DURING the hurricane have been working around the clock to help.

Different storms produce different results. Category 1 or 5, it effects different areas differently.

I care about AMERICA, which means I'm going to explain how he is screwing up our country.

You don't like it, K, sorry, but stfuys.

I actually just felt inclined to belittle the kinds of posts we had during Katrina, 'cept I reversed the roles.

That's the crap we had to put up with day in, day out, day in, day out, etc etc etc.

I don't remember you manning up and telling them to shut up.

so, I'm inclined to sneeze in the direction of your complaint.

Obamao golfs while America's east coast gets slammed by a hurricane.

That should enrage everybody. Back then, Katrina was used as a political prod. Paybacks are in order.... @@

(justified retribution is very cool. so there.)

I care about AMERICA, which means I'm going to explain how he is screwing up our country.

You don't like it, K, sorry, but stfuys.

I actually just felt inclined to belittle the kinds of posts we had during Katrina, 'cept I reversed the roles.

That's the crap we had to put up with day in, day out, day in, day out, etc etc etc.

I don't remember you manning up and telling them to shut up.

so, I'm inclined to sneeze in the direction of your complaint.

Obamao golfs while America's east coast gets slammed by a hurricane.

That should enrage everybody. Back then, Katrina was used as a political prod. Paybacks are in order.... @@

(justified retribution is very cool. so there.)

Everything you say is political vindictiveness. Your a religious guy right,

1 Peter 2:1-2

Rid yourselves, therefore, of all malice, and all guile, insincerity, envy, and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure, spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. Come to him, a living stone, though rejected by mortals yet chosen and precious in God’s sight, and like living stones, let yourselves be built* into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.” (NRSV)

I know T. Emergency services have been awesome down here, Red Cross, etc. That is why I love the people here and love living here, they will help out anyone, unlike the cynicals in Cleveland. Before work, I took 40 cases of water down to the ferry to help the folks in Hatteras, my car was stuffed to the gills. Will be doing that every day.

Just wanted to expound on Cal's ignorant comments on how white people were not being helped because Obama didn't like them. Who the fook cares about Obama. It's a stupid comment and one of the only things I've been offended about EVER on this board. Unless you are here to see it and are living in it, shut the fook up. These emergency people that Obama never sent down DURING the hurricane have been working around the clock to help.

Different storms produce different results. Category 1 or 5, it effects different areas differently.

I'm glad that Obama didn't send anyone down to help. I remember after hurricane Fran when they imposed martial law and added a curfew.

The communities should and will rebuild themselves. That is how it has worked for years.

The biggest fear with Irene was flooding. Flooding is always a threat with tropical systems, no matter what the windspeed is.

Yep going to help out 3 people clean their house after flooding tonight, their entire houses are ruined. One house the whole back of the house is gone swept out to the sound and that was on 12 foot stilts. He is staying with me until their insurance is worked out.

No, K, if you had the ability to read and remember, you'd know I am NOT religious at all.

I have said here, several times in the past, that "religious is one of the worst things to happen to Christianity".

....been saying that for years.

There is only one thing wrong with going to church....there are people there. @@

Yep going to help out 3 people clean their house after flooding tonight, their entire houses are ruined. One house the whole back of the house is gone swept out to the sound and that was on 12 foot stilts. He is staying with me until their insurance is worked out.

I hope his insurance will cover it. You know insurance companies. They'll blame it all on the flooding. Hope he had flood insurance.

Archived