Sign in to follow this  
Tim Couch Pulls Out

Mangini To Join Espn

Really, you like those 5-11 seasons?

I thought Macelus Wiley was bad but then again ESPN did hire Matt Millen for a while too.

Matt Millen was a good ESPN hire. The can has an on-air personality. He can talk football, he just can't coach/run a team.

Mangini was always good with the media. He's reserved, don't expect him to be Gruden-esque when the cameras come on. But he's got a sarcastic wit about him and an "aw shucks" kind of look that I'm sure will make viewers feel at ease.

The guy is a horrible head coach but mangini does know the X's and O's and has all the hypocritical fake being tools required to be a perfect analyst..

Good luck Eric!

Eric is actually pretty damn informative. He gets into the details that rabid fans of the NFL like us (hey we're on a message board everyday, we qualify) love to learn about. Now, he can talk about "situations" and I think 100% of people will learn two things.

1) He is basically a genius on football.

2) He does not take himself seriously.

I agreed with letting Eric go but I always said I liked him. Still do.

Eric is going to be kickass for ESPN, IMO.

has all the hypocritical fake being tools required to be a perfect analyst..

Bitter much? Mangini is the LEAST fake coach I have ever listened to. I have no idea where this is coming from, but to each his own.

"Fake being tools..." Really?

Do they sell these "fake being" tools at Home Depot?

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna miss that befuddled look he had on the sideline after a loss. As angry as I was his clueless look, like how did we just lose was priceless

Bitter much? Mangini is the LEAST fake coach I have ever listened to. I have no idea where this is coming from, but to each his own.

"Fake being tools..." Really?

Do they sell these "fake being" tools at Home Depot?

I'm always surprised at the viceral response people have to someone they only see on tv for a short time each week.

I've seen/heard him in the analyst role and he did just fine. Good for him.

• Upvote 1

Good for him, I hope he's successful.

I wish him well & look forward to watching him.

Mike

I'm always surprised at the viceral response people have to someone they only see on tv for a short time each week.

I've seen/heard him in the analyst role and he did just fine. Good for him.

Isn't this the same thing Mendenhall said about Bin Laden?

True Millen can talk football and has a personality. He was great on TV and Radio before the lions jobs. But, after taking over that team that was a fairly consistent competitor during the Wayne Fonts years to the only team to go winless in the history of the modern NFL. He looses some credibility with me.

When someone says anything about oh last season was 5-11 you are right it was but i thought mangini put the Cleveland Browns in posistion to win a majority of games last year instead of getting slapped around terribly the year before that, i thought mangini would've reaped the benefits if he stayed for this year, but we all knew holmgreen didn't want eric when he came in but let holmgreen let Mangini die on his own last season so Holmgreen could be somewhat justified in our eyes for the release.

Other than his policies i thought he was ok.

"With my reputation for access and ease with the media, it seems like a natural fit.......As for my new role, I have been preparing diligently, by picking out tribal tattoos for my lower leg and doing triple shots of espresso to match Herm Edwards' energy level."

I think Mangini is going to be just fine. I liked his NYJ vs NE analysis last season for the playoffs.

Bruce "the felon" Drennan was going bonkers over this so I guess he wont be that good????? Maybe he could start his show each week with "I love you NFL", then slobber on his chin... Maybe Drennan wanted the job....

Eric is damn good at x's and o's, he just couldn't get it done here in Cleveland...

I look forward to listening to his take on the games he's reporting on---give em' hell Eric....

Peace

T.Dawg

The guy definitely knows football. Hopefully he doesn't hold a Cleveland bias like Dilfer.

Do you think if he had fired Daboll and changed the offense to meet Holmgren's view LAST season, would he still be around?

Discuss.

No Mangini was on the hotseat period Holmgreen didn't really want him and if he had a coach last season ready to go we would've snatched him up but i think holmgreen wanted that year to assess the browns and make the moves he wanted Eric had no chance less a playoff berth or be fired was inc.

all i know is we beat the shit out 2 super bowl winning teams in consecutive games (of course bye week between) and had a chance to tie or win 4 games with 4 points or less (of course we lost those games BUT think of 9 and 7) and coulda shut up rex ryan with a win in OT if our receiver would have gone out of bounds but instead fumbled, letting sanchize throw a squeaker to holmes who noone could tackle. we were out-classed on the talent front with all three of those teams and should have won all three games.

i think he's one of the best coaches to be picked from the belichek coaching tree but was doomed as soon as holmgren signed his name on the dotted line.

he'll do fine on espn.

all i know is we beat the shit out 2 super bowl winning teams in consecutive games (of course bye week between) and had a chance to tie or win 4 games with 4 points or less (of course we lost those games BUT think of 9 and 7) and coulda shut up rex ryan with a win in OT if our receiver would have gone out of bounds but instead fumbled, letting sanchize throw a squeaker to holmes who noone could tackle. we were out-classed on the talent front with all three of those teams and should have won all three games.

i think he's one of the best coaches to be picked from the belichek coaching tree but was doomed as soon as holmgren signed his name on the dotted line.

he'll do fine on espn.

Yah, then barely beat Carolina and lost to Cincy and Buff.

Yah, then barely beat Carolina and lost to Cincy and Buff.

yeah, i know. can't defend or explain that. maybe they stepped up like we did against the saints and the patriots. no way you can say we had better talent than any of those teams. if carolina would have had a QB they would have at least +5 more wins.

hey i liked mangini, everyone has their own opinion. it's over and done with. just hope your boy homgren can hold out for 2 seasons like mangini did before he gets run out of town (and no i'm not hoping for that at all, but if he doesn't produce you'll be on the same side of the fence that i am now).