THE BROWNS BOARD

Ubaldo Jimenez To Cleveland?

Spectrum

They're talking Alex White, Drew Pomeranz, and 1B prospect Matt McBride. Possibly a 4th involved in the deal as well.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but as the time passes, it looks more and more likely.

Just came out after the 1st inning tonight. 2 hits, 4 walks, 4 earned.

They're talking Alex White, Drew Pomeranz, and 1B prospect Matt McBride. Possibly a 4th involved in the deal as well.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but as the time passes, it looks more and more likely.

Just came out after the 1st inning tonight. 2 hits, 4 walks, 4 earned.

I'm happy with this trade. The only guy we gave up that is a bit disappointing in Alex White, because he pitched decent the first few games of the year. Honestly I don't care about Pomeranz or McBride. They haven't helped us at all this year, and probably wouldn't even see the field until next year. I'm the kind of person who doesn't care about the whole "we're building to be good in the future" crap. This is Cleveland and we need to win now! It was an aggressive trade and that's exactly what we need to do to win!

I didn't want to give up White OR Pomeranz, but oh well. It's a much more reasonable trade when we give up two stud pitchers for a stud (big league) pitcher. If we traded White or Pomeranz for a bat...I'd be pretty disappointed. But I'm cool with this.

Why did the Rockies have him pitch tonight though? Pretty strange.

I'm guessing some bickering over who would be included in the deal. Rockies maybe showing they aren't afraid to keep him if thr Indians won't send enough in return.

Perhaps just giving him a little work to keep him on schedule.

I don't like the deal because I don't give a damn whether thr Indians win the central or not. I don't want to see fukudome, kearns, hannahan, etc. In thr lineup. I don't want to see Ludwick on the roster tomorrow.

I feel it is in the best interest of the team to ride out 2011 with the youth we have on offense. See how they handle a race this late in the year, see if they can dig out of a hole. It's valuable experience for just about everyone on the roster.

I don't care about McBride either. I just don't like dealing the top 2 pitching prospects in the organization. If ubaldo somehow regains his command, and finds the 5mph that fell off of his fastball, it certainly makes the rotation stronger. Hell even if he just continues to do what he's done outside of Coors this year, we're better.

I just feel like the young hitters need some "seasoning" to really compete. I'd prefer to see white in the rotation to start next year, and Pomeranz being first option up in June. When the deadline rolls around next year, and maybe need help, then make a move with a much better base.

It doesn't mean anything to me for the Indians to move two 2012 starters to win the central in 2011.

I have to admit a couple of things that probably aren't shared by many around here... One of the best things about baseball is watching prospects, predicting what they can do, and when they can be up here. I also don't give a damn if the Indians or browns win a title in my lifetime. I only ask they be competitive because I'm going to watch anyway, it's just a lot more fun when the season isn't over half way through.

I didn't want to give up White OR Pomeranz, but oh well. It's a much more reasonable trade when we give up two stud pitchers for a stud (big league) pitcher. If we traded White or Pomeranz for a bat...I'd be pretty disappointed. But I'm cool with this.

Why did the Rockies have him pitch tonight though? Pretty strange.

Good point, Also don't forget in 2013 when we likely trade him cause his contract will be up, will likely get a top pitching prospect back.

Yep, can't consider it a huge subtraction when you consider what our rotation will be for the next few years.

Masterson

Ubaldo

Carrasco

Tomlin

Fausto/Huff/Gomez, open competition

very solid. Maybe no true ace, but two guys with that potential. And not many teams can go 5 deep like that. So we're in better position to win this year. Hopefully we get better years from (healthy) Choo and Santana the next couple years and Asdrubal and Hafner keep rolling. We still have a very nice core.

Looks like we need a bullpen now, should've swept 2 of the best teams in baseball these last 2 series. Its frustrating as hell losing when you should've won, but its a positive when you think we should've won against Boston and Texas. Hepefully the bullpen gets righted again and we can sweep Detroit and be right back in the think of things

Archived