THE BROWNS BOARD

Michael Jenkins Was Cut By Falcons

SiperBowl

We could use a quality receiver like Michael Jenkins. He finishes his seven year Falcons career with 276 catches for 3,512 yards, a 12.7 yards per catch average and 20 touchdowns.

I just wonder, if he is such a "quality" receiver, why did the Falcons feel the need to go to such extremes as to make the trade with the Browns to replace him with AJ Jones or June Jones or whatever that guys name is.

Could he be someone the Browns could look at? Perhaps.

But then, I always say: think about it, when you pick someone up, you have to let someone go.

Who on this roster is he to replace?: Cribbs? MoMass? Robo? Mitchell? Little?

I just wonder, if he is such a "quality" receiver, why did the Falcons feel the need to go to such extremes as to make the trade with the Browns to replace him with AJ Jones or June Jones or whatever that guys name is.

Could he be someone the Browns could look at? Perhaps.

But then, I always say: think about it, when you pick someone up, you have to let someone go.

Who on this roster is he to replace?: Cribbs? MoMass? Robo? Mitchell? Little?

I'm sure that training camp will weed out the problem of who you will have to let go.

I'm sure that training camp will weed out the problem of who you will have to let go.

Yea, OK, but hypothetically let's say that YOU are the coach/GM of the team and that you are the one that has to make that training camp decision. What do YOU do if you bring Jenkins in to compete here? Who do YOU think should be cut to keep him?

Yea, OK, but hypothetically let's say that YOU are the coach/GM of the team and that you are the one that has to make that training camp decision. What do YOU do if you bring Jenkins in to compete here? Who do YOU think should be cut to keep him?

I would base my decision on that after the preseason games have been played. As all of us realize their are always injuries during preseason workouts and games. But if we could bring in a guy like Jenkins he could be a mentor for some of these young guys.

I've personally never liked Michael Jenkins. I'd much rather pick up Malcolm Floyd or Mike Sims-Walker.

Well, I have always liked Michael Jenkins since his days at OSU. That isn't the question. The question is why did the Falcons....who who believe that they may be in line for a Super Bowl run...feel that Jenkins was expendable? You would think a Super Bowl caliber team would want to maximize the talent on their team. Perhaps they thought Jenkins minimized their talent?

Well, I have always liked Michael Jenkins since his days at OSU. That isn't the question. The question is why did the Falcons....who who believe that they may be in line for a Super Bowl run...feel that Jenkins was expendable? You would think a Super Bowl caliber team would want to maximize the talent on their team. Perhaps they thought Jenkins minimized their talent?

salary cap and probably are betting that julio jones is gonna be a monster.

20 TD's over 7 years = less than 3 TD's per season. Even if you throw out the first two years...over the course of 5 seasons...that'd still be 4 TD's per year (or one per 4 games.)

I'm thinking this is not the least big intriguing.

I wanted Harvey Dahl...but he's apparently gone to the Rams...so don't they have another FA OL? Their LG? We could use him on our right side as well.

Archived