THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Wright Is A Lion

MudratDetector

We need a CB pretty badly now.

Wright blew at least one game for us last year single handedly. I thought he had great potential, but he never emerged here.

Maybe being the best CB in Detriot will help his confidence.

It is a steal for Detroit if they get the guy who played here before last season. Hopefully the Browns add some quality depth at CB here asap.

The Lions now have a weakness in their secondary. Don't forget he was beat by a one legged jet last year. E. Wright played so bad last year after showing so much promise.

The Browns REALLY need to strengthen the corners. I've thought the corners were one of the biggest needs for this year right behind WR and ahead of the LBs

Good move by the FO. Wright quit last year. Worst coverage I have ever seen. I knew he was gone. Now watch him play like a Pro-Bowler for the Lions.

He wasn't talentless, so he could surprise for the Lions. He was a terrible tackler when he was good with us and a solid cover guy. When he couldn't cover last year and basically quit or lost confidence, he really fell into the beyond useless category. I won't miss seeing him avoid tackling people, even IF he has a nice year up in Detroit.

After watching film of Wright last season, NFC North receivers will be chomping at the bit when they play da Lions. A change of scenery does not always offer

the cure a struggling player is after. IMHO, Wright's glory days are behind him.

First, does anyone ever post their dishonest opinion? ;)

No wonder he moved on... death threats and all. It's obvious the Browns' "brain trust" (potential oxymoron of the year) still saw enough promise to offer the multi-year deal.

After an sub-par season he certainly was not getting offers anywhere near his rookie deal, so taking a one-year deal with an up and coming team might pay off big in 2012.

Don't forget the D-line he'll be playing behind in Detroit. QB pressure is a DB's best friend.

First, does anyone ever post their dishonest opinion? ;)

No wonder he moved on... death threats and all. It's obvious the Browns' "brain trust" (potential oxymoron of the year) still saw enough promise to offer the multi-year deal.

After an sub-par season he certainly was not getting offers anywhere near his rookie deal, so taking a one-year deal with an up and coming team might pay off big in 2012.

Don't forget the D-line he'll be playing behind in Detroit. QB pressure is a DB's best friend.

Fair point. If the Browns DL could have gotten a lot more pressure on opposing QBs I suppose our DBs would have looked a lot better.

That said, Eric Wright still played pathetically last year in comparison to prior years.

Archived