THE BROWNS BOARD

BROWNS GET PERMISSION TO INTERVIEW MCDANIELS

BernietheKid

BROWNS GET PERMISSION TO INTERVIEW MCDANIELS

Posted by Mike Florio on December 31, 2008, 5:40 p.m.

The Cleveland Browns have received permission to interview Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, according to our old friend and NFL Talk colleague John Taylor of TheOBR.com.

Because the Patriots’ season ended without a playoff appearance for the first time since 2002, McDaniels is immediately available to be interviewed and hired for a head-coaching position.

Last year, McDaniels was one of the hottest candidates, given his role on a team that won 16 regular-season games. But he decided not to interview for other jobs, and to stay put with the Pats.

McDaniels, 32, joined the Patriots in 2001. And the fact that he has spent eight years working with the Patriots and V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli could make McDaniels an obvious fit for the coaching gig, if Pioli becomes the G.M.

I like the Pioli/McDaniels concept best of all... but I'm staying open.

Or, as a guy on the PD blog said, "We were happy to get Butch Davis. We were happy to get Savage and Crennel. Let's not be so damn happy this time!"

Words to live by. Quit being so damn happy.

As long as they stay away from Ferentz I'll be content.

I like the Pioli/McDaniels concept best of all... but I'm staying open.

Or, as a guy on the PD blog said, "We were happy to get Butch Davis. We were happy to get Savage and Crennel. Let's not be so damn happy this time!"

Words to live by. Quit being so damn happy.

YOU have a Point... I know this when Pittsburgh Hired Bill Cower most were like WHAT ????? And the Tomlin hiring was maybe even More of a what the FREAK ? Maybe its better that way... Jury still out on Tomlin...but Nice start !

Good luck... hope things start to turn for you guys with the next 2 hiring`s ! (But not TOO Much !)

Archived