THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Cribbs Gets Pk Ticket - With Time Left On Meter

calfoxwc

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localcle/20110621/ts_yblog_localcle/josh-cribbs-is-fighting-the-law

Josh Cribbs is fighting the law

By Yahoo! Local yahoo! Local – Tue Jun 21, 7:02 am ET

Craig Lyndall, WaitingForNextYear.com

Josh Cribbs is a football hero in Cleveland, and now he wants to be a hero to those who have received parking tickets in Cleveland Heights. When Cribbs got a ticket last week and there were eight minutes left on his meter, he was none too pleased on his Twitter.

He posted the picture above that shows his ticket with the meter in the background along with the following:

"Police in cleveland heights just wrote me a ticket & my meter had time left wow..smh can u say not Guilty lol"

The story didn't end there, though.

The $15 ticket would be cheaper to pay than contest, according to Cribbs' tweet this week. Maybe because he got paid this off-season he feels it is a good use of funds to fight the good fight anyway.

Two more tweets followed:

"So I'm going to contest my $15ticket in Cleveland heights, I just learned of the scam that's occurring, to contest is a $50 court cost.smh"

"I'm going to fight it 4everybody who gets a parking ticket b4 the meter expires & can't fight it bc of the court cost!!"

There is a reason that Josh Cribbs is one of the most popular Cleveland Browns players in recent memory.

Watch out Cleveland Heights parking enforcement: Josh Cribbs has a to-do list with your name on it. :-)

Bizarre. Trust me, these meter readers can give tons and tons of legitimate tickets without handing out a bogus one where there is still time on the meter.

Something is wrong with this picture. BTW you can get a parking ticket for something other than the meter being expired. You can be too far away from the curb, or over the lines etc. Not sure if that might be the case here.

The judge can and should waive the court cost fee unless he or she runs a kangaroo court.

Charge it to the DA or Police Dept.

The charges would just be dismissed without any cost to anyone.

As for the post about not feeling the pain of a millionaire over a parking ticket, that is not the point at all. If the ticket was wrongly issued it shouldn't matter how wealthy the alleged perpetrator is.

On the news, the BH officials says that someone must have put money in the meter or something.

No, I prefer to believe that some attendent was under pressure to make $$$$ and cut nobody any slack, so

they gave the ticket, figuring it was going to run out anyway, before they would make their rounds again.

Otherwise, all they had to do was wait until the seven minutes ran out and then ticket. It isn't any crime

to put money in a meter for someone else, ahead of the parking ticket person. Whatever, it's a misunderstanding

on somebody's part, and if the city fights it, for 15 bucks and court costs? Then you know somethings el stinko

in BH. And there's no reason to put money in the meter for a car that has already been ticketed.

But in an interview, Cribbs had a sense of humor about it, but he's serious about fighting it.

I don't know, can't really feel the pain for a millionaire fighting a parking ticket.

He is fighting unfair tickets being written. He has clout that brings exposure to the situation. More people know about the issue now than before he got involved. This is more than a "millionaire fighting a parking ticket."

Archived