THE BROWNS BOARD

Ravens @ Browns

WPB Dawg Fan

It seems like we say this every week...but this week could go a long way in determining what chances (if any) we have to make the playoffs. A win this week will get us even with the Ravens (and a Redskins win will put us 1 game behind the Steelers) and more importantly give us the tie-breaker with the Ravens (we are even until Conference, and then we would be ahead). Considering the other games this week, we could easily put ourselves into very good position for a playoff run. With a loss, we fall 2 games behind the Ravens and with 2 losses to them....I don't see how we overtake them. Basically, a loss all but ends our playoff aspirations.

LAST GAME

In the first game, the Browns D handled the Ravens O pretty well. The Ravens scored ZERO POINTS when starting a drive in their OWN HALF OF THE FIELD!!! The 28 points were a result of offensive turnovers and inconsistancy.

Flacco threw for 129 yds and 2 INT's in that game (but the offense failed to capitalize). The Ravens RB's averaged 4.0 y/c on 38 carries. Out of those 38 carries, the Browns D stuffed them for 0 yds or a loss on 6 carries!!! The Ravens also only had 2 carries over 5 yds in the first half (both 7 yds) before being worn down in the second half.

This was TOTAL DOMINATION on the defensive side of the ball until the offense just abandoned us and gave up 14 points in 1 minute in the 3rd Q!!!

On offense, DA had his worst game of the year. He was sacked only 1x in the first half, but after the 2 INT's on consecutive drives in the 3rd Q he got sacked 3x more. That is NOT on the OL!!! JL was also doing well against the Ravens before the turnovers (9 carries, 40 yds), but was taken out of the game plan by them in the 2nd half.

THIS GAME

Expect even MORE out of our defense this game. They have gelled over the last several games. With Flacco not being a huge threat...watch for the Browns to stack the line early and often to take the Ravens RB's out of the game. The Browns will likely utilize a lot of S and CB blitzes...probably bringing 5-6 guys on every play in a run blitz package (which should also put pressure on Flacco).

On offense, watch for the same ball control offense we have seen in recent weeks. The difference is that this week the Ravens DB situation is pretty bad...and the Browns are likely to take even MORE downfield shots (aka last year) than they did vs the Jags.

PREDICTION

This comes down to DA. If he can PROTECT THE BALL (no INT's in 3 games/105 passes) the Browns should be able to handle the Ravens nicely. If he doesn't, this game could easily go the other way.

I think the offense is going to go for the big knockout early in this game, like they did last year. I think it will be effective because it is NOT what teams would expect out of our offense right now (we have been very conservative). Early scores and a solid D leads us to a much needed victory!

Browns 24

Ravens 13

I think it's been overlooked how the Browns have really been blitzing well lately, especially up the middle and at the right times. We get Smith back and Adams playing the slot, this defense can only get better. Plus Jones is just starting to get his legs underneath him.

Even old man Willie has been getting pressure. He can't tackle in the open field, but he's been involved while Hall comes in and reeks havoc spelling him.

Browns win 20-17 in a tight game. Keep in mind the Ravens defense has not allowed an 100 yard rusher the last 26 games. So in the end it's going to come down to whether Derek Anderson can protect the ball and make enough plays to win. I personally wanna see these two teams beat the living piss out of one another and finish in a tie. But since a Browns win puts both them and the Ravens at 4-4 with a chance to stay 2 games up on both of them should the Steelers beat the Redskins I will root for the Browns very reluctantly to win this game.

Browns 27

dirty, rotten, filthy stupid stinkin rabirds 17

Cribbs returns a punt for a TD,

defense get int and returns for TD.

DA throws 2 ints to defensive linemen,

and Quinn comes in to save the day after DA

panics that he almost got hit once...

The Ravens aren't a bad team, they played real well last week. Though I think they are starting to harder part of their schedule and will lose some games. This should be the first. I agree with Cal, I see Cribbs having (and possibly NEEDING to have) his breakout game.

Browns 24

Ravens 20

I don't see this one being that close. Browns are gaining momentum with 3 wins in last 4 games including two strong teams. My prediction is this will be a coming-out party for the Brown's offence. They will lead at half-time and pull away in the second half.

The schedule could not have set this game up any better. It's the right team for the Browns to face at the right time. At home. Division Rival. One step up in the standings. The players have to be licking their chops!

Guest 88fingerslewy

Browns; 34

$hit-Hawks: 17

Flacco sacked 3 times

Jamal gets his 100 yds against his old buddies

Winslow plays pro-bowl caliber to put the past few weeks behind him

Defense improves

And DA looks like the Monday night QB from last month

Start lining up for a sip of the kool-aid I've been drinking

Seriously, after the game the team will comment on how the "Fans" made the difference.

He hasn't rushed for 100 yds. yet this season, and you think he'll do it against a team that hasn't allowed 100 rushing yds. in like 26 games? Yeah, gimmie some of that Kool-Aid!!! icon_lol.gif

In all seriousness, I hope he does though. All it will take is 1 big run, which he's totally due for.

He hasn't rushed for 100 yds. yet this season, and you think he'll do it against a team that hasn't allowed 100 rushing yds. in like 26 games? Yeah, gimmie some of that Kool-Aid!!! icon_lol.gif

In all seriousness, I hope he does though. All it will take is 1 big run, which he's totally due for.

Just in case you hadn't noticed, JL had 40 yards on 9 carries in the first half (before DA threw the game away) against them last game. He finished with 59 yards on 12 carries (4.7 y/c)...so a 100 yd game is NOT as crazy as you might think.

Just in case you hadn't noticed, JL had 40 yards on 9 carries in the first half (before DA threw the game away) against them last game. He finished with 59 yards on 12 carries (4.7 y/c)...so a 100 yd game is NOT as crazy as you might think.

Word.

If he got his 20 carries, the he would've been on pace for 98 yds. If only we had Tucker this week.

Do ALL Of you get Kool Aid at the Same place ?? The Ratbirds are much improved on Offense...and You have Derek Anderson Starting. Ravens D is Well Above average. Hmmm... I say the Baltimore Ravens hang 24 and The Browns 21. Have Fun !

Archived