THE BROWNS BOARD

Rashard Mendenhall Is Retarded

WRREBEL

It really is a shame to see the way this country is heading. We have moralists now who don't even comprehend common sense regarding right and wrong, it is all just to be cool and against the grain. Nobody has to believe everything the government says, but there is still a line to draw from being a smartass kid conspiracy theorist to forming a factual opinion based on what really happened.

I think tonight I'm going to do a little more partying and celebrate our country killing a piece of shit. Way to go Seal Team Six!!!

Man, I would love to see that video and the pics. I only wish I could have pulled the trigger or bashed him to death with a baseball bat.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXACTLY. It's always a bit sad, and far more annoying, to see the younger? kids coming out of school with elitist opinions. First thing they do, is mock whatever the real

important issue is. Then they take a stance that is opposite and of a mocking nature.

They don't have to make any sense about it, but their biggest negative issue, is their willingness to take freedom, for example, for granted.

just like the generations before them and the generations before them. they learn from their parents mistakes

this new generation doesnt stand for the same things that all you old guys stood for. they dont care about fighting because they see what it solves...absolutely nothing

its an old mindset to think like that and thats why it often comes out of the mouths of the older generations but it is much harder to find young kids who think fighting is the way to solve anything and killing will bring peace and happiness

continue to think like that because nobody is asking you to change your opinions, but when you die and the new crop of world leaders shows up, the world will not be run like it is today and all those people that thought violence was the answer.....well their opinions wont matter anymore

feel free to talk down to the next generation of kids because you think you've been living the right way but all your generation is doing is killing social security, retirement, unions, and muslims and its pissing off a lot of people around the world...you are trying to set the other generations up to fail like you did

Do you realize what you just said? YOU don't have to fight for your rights because about a few million other Americans have DIED to defend that right. The Declaration of Independence and US Constitution are just scraps of paper if a superior military force happens to come along. We get invaded by aliens from Epsilon Lyrae B, you really think they're gonna care about your rights while they make you dig for uranium with your bare hands in Wyoming?

As far as a few hundred years ago, let's just back the truck up to 1941, December 7th- I suppose we should have just let Yamamoto and Hitler do their thing. Von Braun and his pals get the A Bomb first, WW II has a slightly different ending, no? How's your German? Seig HEIL!!!

Ignorance may be bliss, but you think these fundamentalists aren't crazy? I'll even give you a chance to reply- on 9-11 if Bin Laden had a nuke available, what say you on the odds he would have loaded it on one of those planes? I say 100%.

All this may be true.

But it still doesn't mean that we should cheer over a death. Any death.

Yes CHEER, loud and proud! Like i said before I crossed it off my bucket list of things i wanted to see in my life time..

Seal team 6 is amazing..

Some of you probably think we sent in the GLG-20s!

Well, when you grow up a little, I'll start talking to you again.

American have the right to cheer about Usama's death just like the WWII generation had the right to celebrate Hitlers death. As far as I'm concerned if a whole section of the planet can celebrate the murder of 3000 American citizens then America should be allowed to celebrate the assassination of the man who was behind it. The mans goal, like Hitlers, was Genocide. What were we supposed to do, turn our backs and forget about what happened. We did that already. In case everyone forgot this guy was also in charge to ramming a dinny boat packed with explosives into a navy ship killed 17 US sailors years before 9/11 and before that he set off a car bomb that killed something like 30 US troops outside an embassy. We turned out backs and it got another 3000 killed, plus 700 more if you count the train bombs in Spain a year later. Ya terrorist cells are going to have retribution attacks, but it's worth it to take down terrorism's poster boy.

The fact of the matter is fighting isn't always the answer, but if your too afraid to turn around and smack someone when it's important then other will get away with pulling alot of shit. We are expected to step up and fight for the helpless. That is the role we took after WWII. Countries of the world look to us to step in and stop shit. Help the Arab League complained about us not stepping in to help Libia and then denounced us as soon as we started helping. The reason Canada and Sweden never have to do anything is because they always coat tail in with us. Always there to do something but never there to take the lead. The get all the good press while we are the ones who look like the meddlers.

America doesn't need to be world police, but when people step too far out of line, or threaten our land or our citizens, then we need to stand up like we did during 9/11. And even though I am part of this younger generation that you are all talking about, I understand the people have fought and died for me, I understand that this is not joking matter and you bet your ass I don't just laugh everything off.

Hey, asshole Osama sympathizers, HE WAS PLANNING MORE ATTACKS ON US SOIL. I don't care how xxxxing old you think was is or how poor and defenseless you say he was. The evil piece of crap was planning on killing more Americans. He's just where he needs to be, dead. I'm going to celebrate even more tonight.

just like the generations before them and the generations before them. they learn from their parents mistakes

this new generation doesnt stand for the same things that all you old guys stood for. they dont care about fighting because they see what it solves...absolutely nothing

its an old mindset to think like that and thats why it often comes out of the mouths of the older generations but it is much harder to find young kids who think fighting is the way to solve anything and killing will bring peace and happiness

continue to think like that because nobody is asking you to change your opinions, but when you die and the new crop of world leaders shows up, the world will not be run like it is today and all those people that thought violence was the answer.....well their opinions wont matter anymore

feel free to talk down to the next generation of kids because you think you've been living the right way but all your generation is doing is killing social security, retirement, unions, and muslims and its pissing off a lot of people around the world...you are trying to set the other generations up to fail like you did

The part is in bold is exactly what they said in the 1960's and 1970's. You are just a kid, and a pussy at that. Not everyone be thinking like the legend be.

Hey, asshole Osama sympathizers, HE WAS PLANNING MORE ATTACKS ON US SOIL. I don't care how xxxxing old you think was is or how poor and defenseless you say he was. The evil piece of crap was planning on killing more Americans. He's just where he needs to be, dead. I'm going to celebrate even more tonight.

nobody is sympathizing with him

and no shit he was planning more attacks. we launched an all out war on his political party, family, and friends. if a country came after your family you might be a little pissed too...but if you think that this prevented another attack you're the Retarded one

The part is in bold is exactly what they said in the 1960's and 1970's. You are just a kid, and a pussy at that. Not everyone be thinking like the legend be.

back in the 60s and 70s when we relied on government run media outlets to get our information

now kids at any age can access information from any country with any sort of bias and determine for themselves exactly what is going on

and while you're struggling to find the letters to respond to this, some 3rd grader in cleveland is working on rebooting an entire operating system for his computer class

back in the 60s and 70s when we relied on government run media outlets to get our information

now kids at any age can access information from any country with any sort of bias and determine for themselves exactly what is going on

and while you're struggling to find the letters to respond to this, some 3rd grader in cleveland is working on rebooting an entire operating system for his computer class

You're talking out of your ass so much it reeks. And if you think a 3rd grader in Cleveland (capital C) is rebooting an entire operating system, then you don't read or comprehend the news very well.

nobody is sympathizing with him

and no shit he was planning more attacks. we launched an all out war on his political party, family, and friends. if a country came after your family you might be a little pissed too...but if you think that this prevented another attack you're the Retarded one

Sounds like your sympathizing with him to me, or at the very least trying to justify what he has done. The man killed 3000 people, I'm glad we didn't defile his body, but I am also happy he was shot on sight. The fact of the matter in the short term, yes this might create more attacks, but in the long run it does prevent attacks. He was terrorism poster boy, their recruitment took. Without him thing will change for the better. Oh and by the way even if we were not targeting him or his family, he would still be planning attacks on American. Trying to justify why he would plan more attacks doesn't make any sense when he planned and carried out several deadly attacks way before we started hunting him.

All this may be true.

But it still doesn't mean that we should cheer over a death. Any death.

You know, I WOULD agree with that in the case of about 5,999,999,998 times out of the 6 Billion humans on the planet (I left room for one other generic person who may be out there), but if there is ONE guy who in my 59 years whose death I would cheer, it is this POS. So, here you go:

Boy, you are really coming off as one ignorant douchebag. You know who ran the government back then: Richard Nixon. Do you know who came across as the most fervent anti-war person? Walter Cronkite. There has never been a more respected newsman in this country. The Government sure the Frak didn't control him.

now kids at any age can access information from any country with any sort of bias and determine for themselves exactly what is going on.

You think kids then didn't act on their beliefs? Do you know what happened on May 4, 1970? Kids were killed when expressing their opposition to government policy. They didn't need an internet to tell them how to think or act.

and while you're struggling to find the letters to respond to this, some 3rd grader in cleveland is working on rebooting an entire operating system for his computer class.

With all this information at your fingertips, why then do you come out sounding like the most ignorant fool since...oh, say, Donald Trump?

lmao thats a great comparison. somethin that happened 70 years ago compared to whats goin on today

i dont have to fight for anything and neither do you. fighting is what puts people in power and its fueled by greed. something that flourishes in america

you think we have to fight but how about not fighting? wouldnt that be something? ask canada how many times countries get pissed off or attack them? how about sweden?

you dont have to fight to be a successful country and you dont have to constantly try and flex your muscles to show how strong you are because all it does is create problems around the world

all anyone did when we killed bin laden was laugh and cheer. congrats on killing someone. it sure as hell didnt make the world a safer place....if you think for a second that al-quaeda is going to sit back and surrender now and not try to retaliate you're more ignorant than anyone here

If you'd pull your head out of your a$$, you'd realize what's going on today is there's a band of fundamentalist Muslim Extremists that want to kill as many Americans as they can, any way they can.

How 'bout not fighting? The French pissed anyone off? How bout the Serbs and Croatians trying to kill one another? If the Israelis didn't have some help Hezbollah and a few other terrorist groups would have wiped them off the map by now.

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana. Those words are as true now as they were about 100 years ago when Santayana first uttered them (actually he paraphrased something written in the 1700s) You know why? Human nature hasn't changed, and will not change. GREED You don't need to look elsewhere, just look as far as Bernie Maldoff. That's why the parables of a guy named Jesus are just as relevant now as they were 2,000 years ago.

So read up on your history pal- Neville Chamberlain tried to appease Hitler. The US sat on their hands until Pearl Harbor- until it was almost too late. Oh, that was SO long ago, our "new" leaders are SO much more enlightened. Really? Iran? North Korea? BULLSHIT. Barak Obama is no smarter than Winston Churchill. Bluntly- the terror of an all-out nuclear winter was a deterrent- until now. Saner heads prevailed in 1963 during the Cuban missile crisis, of which plenty of folks on this board are old enough to remember. And that's the key- "saner" heads. Bin Laden and Al Quaida are crazy enough (and believe in their "Allah driven" mission enough) to loose a nuke. Bin Laden was responsible for 3,000 deaths on 9-11, you really think he would have split hairs if a nuke on one of those planes had taken out New York?

BTW, I'm not for fighting, I thought Vietnam was wrong- but I didn't see Ho-Chi-Minh flying planes into the World Trade Center either. George Bush was 100% right- that was not an act of terror, it was "an act of war". You may not like it, but we are at war with these guys- and if you want to give peace a chance, may the next Al Quaida car bomb blow up in your yard.

According to your logic, if you think for a second that al-quaeda is going to sit back and surrender now and not try to retaliate you're more ignorant than anyone here Now what was it you just said about not fighting? These guys should be held to the same standards, right? You just killed one of our guys that killed 3,000 of your guys- and what did we do in the first place to piss OSAMA OFF SO BAD HE HAD TO KILL 3,000 INNOCENT PEOPLE? it's all cool by us.

I'll leave you with one final thought from an old geezer- by Mark Twain. “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.”

Do you realize what you just said? YOU don't have to fight for your rights because about a few million other Americans have DIED to defend that right. The Declaration of Independence and US Constitution are just scraps of paper if a superior military force happens to come along. We get invaded by aliens from Epsilon Lyrae B, you really think they're gonna care about your rights while they make you dig for uranium with your bare hands in Wyoming?

As far as a few hundred years ago, let's just back the truck up to 1941, December 7th- I suppose we should have just let Yamamoto and Hitler do their thing. Von Braun and his pals get the A Bomb first, WW II has a slightly different ending, no? How's your German? Seig HEIL!!!

Ignorance may be bliss, but you think these fundamentalists aren't crazy? I'll even give you a chance to reply- on 9-11 if Bin Laden had a nuke available, what say you on the odds he would have loaded it on one of those planes? I say 100%. Hoorta

EXACTLY. It's always a bit sad, and far more annoying, to see the younger? kids coming out of school with elitist opinions. First thing they do, is mock whatever the real

important issue is. Then they take a stance that is opposite and of a mocking nature.

They don't have to make any sense about it, but their biggest negative issue, is their willingness to take freedom, for example, for granted.

They won't own up to the truth until the the truth hits them or their family or friends up front. Until then, it's stupid stuff about "haha why should we cheer about the death of obl, haha, you're stupid if you think it will make all terrorism instantly go away, haha, let other countries go to war, war kills, so we should never fight for our freedoms...

haha who cares about Pearl Harbor, that was WWII haha

"

The truth is, it makes them feel special to take the antagonistic, non-usual stances, as stupid as they sound. I used to hear it in college all the time. ""haha" you say we're the

greatest nation on earth, so haha, why would anyone ever attack us on our own shores? "

Then, we say "PEARL HARBOR", then they simply say "HAHA that was years ago, all sorts of things happen only once HAHA the Japanese will never do it again so who cares HAHA"

Sad. But totally a matter of not being serious, and a matter, also, of not honoring those who sacrificed their lives to keep us a free country, and not being serious about

how a country can fall apart, and lose their freedoms - if nobody ever was diligent about looking at the world's evils, and world history.

The world is becoming a "smaller place", more and more, all the time. God forbid, any of us go on vacation to Europe somewhere, or on a cruise, and get kidnapped by terrorists.

THEN, it won't be any kind of "haha" going on. It will be tears, severe fright, and prayers that those American Greatest Soldiers can swoop in to some building in some

foreign hostile ghetto, and rescue you from being beheaded and bring you safely back home.

Until then, the "haha" thing gets old, but still continues with a few. . I don't ever, ever want any American to ever be murdered by "Muslim" terrorists again. ever. So I don't see any "haha" about the War on Terror, and about why we must fight. And, our soldiers who may someday have to rescue you, or anyone you know, or anyone else you hear about on the news?

They don't go "HAHA" nothin like a few of you do. They deal with reality, and they seriously will be there every time, any place in the world, because we need them to be.

I can see your point Cal. But please don't lump me in with the younger ambivalent crowd. I'm 40, I was in the Army for 4 years active, 3 years reserves.

I do honor those who have and still do fight for our freedoms. It still really makes me feel good about myself everytime soldiers are honored.

I also trend to a more conservative viewpoint than liberal when all is said and done.

But that still doesn't mean that cheering for any death is good. And believe it or not, this is the more mature grown up attitude in my mind. I think its the immature kids who think cheering for death is ok, that is also a symptom of the ambivalence of youth.

We thought the same things circa 1970 or so. Ah, such idealism! Well, it just takes a few kooks with an agenda to spoil the party. Don't worry- if we've failed, your kids will blame you of the same- count on it.

You'll find out "old" is a relative term. You just might be stunned to find out there's people alive today who have had conversations with guys who fought in the Civil War- that would be the US Civil War, not Somalia's or Ethiopia's.

1) "Killing" social security? Hate to tell you Franklin Roosevelt dreamed up the first national Ponzi Scheme.

2) Where is "retirement" in the bill of rights? waiting.... waiting....

3) Unions? You mean the guys who extracted benefits far beyond their value and drove garment, steel, and auto business to places like Indonesia and Korea?

4) We LOVE Muslims, but if they want to kill us, there's consequences.

Sorry we burdened you kids with a crushing national debt. You're going to find out about hyperinflation in your lifetime, so read up on the Weimar Republic.

But that still doesn't mean that cheering for any death is good. And believe it or not, this is the more mature grown up attitude in my mind. I think its the immature kids who think cheering for death is ok, that is also a symptom of the ambivalence of youth.

yeah the way the kids kinds went and had a keg party was kinda overboard and not cool. agree?

but some people just need to be dead, or better yet.....never born.

lol its more likely that some doctor faked his kidney disease than him not being responsible for 9/11

what motive would a doctor have for faking kidney disease? what would he possibly gain from diagnosing a dead man with something that in all likelihood would have killed him eventually anyway

oh and 50 may not be old in america, but the life expectancy for a male in afghanistan is only 44 years old and thats a healthy male with no health problems......not a male that was running for his life, had kidney disease and was under constant stress

dude was old

Thanks for missing my point- or are you believing the Al-Quaida BS the guy had kidney disease that was NEVER verified? The Americans could have confirmed his (lack of) before they deep-sixed him with a simple needle biopsy- I'm betting they probably did. Ever hoofed it up some 6,000' high mountain passes like they have in southern Afghanistan? I've done some hiking up mountains, and I can tell you this- if the guy needed dialysis, ain't no way in hell he was trucking around in those Himalayan foothills without a go cart.

Twitter needs to go and what he said was dumb. He's catching a lot of sh.it on my primary Steeler board as well. It's also RAshard and the Holocaust and misunderstood is one word. He's also far from a idiot despite the dumb sh.it he said on twitter. I love that everyone on the Steelers is some sort of Retarded thug. Some of you guys really are mental. I also doubt the work the troops put in for our freedom is lost on Rashard Mendenhall. Don't be a dumb a$$.

I really have to agree with Homotron on this one. As much as I hate it he is correct IMO. I think what I am reading on this board is more disturbing than what Mendenhall said. I am glad the world doesn't have to worry about Osama any longer. But to suggest that if somebody doubts that Osama is the criminal mastermind behind 9/11 they also would be knocking our military is really dumb. The military risked their lives and did their jobs, period. Everybody should be aware of that. They go wherever are government sends them and they do their jobs. They are all heros simply for risking their lives for our country. Even the soldiers who risk their lives in places we have no business being in the first place.

I don't agree with Mendenhall (I think Bin Laden was mastermind)but I don't disagree with him questioning a government that has lied to us many times over the years. Government's do lie! I would say that it has been proven that Bush lied about the WMD's in Iraq. Think of how many brave soldiers died due to that lie. People who question things help our country grow and prosper. Think about the women's rights and civil rights movements. If we all just followed along without asking questions how would we improve and grow?

Rashard Mendenhall loses Champion endorsement over bin Laden tweets

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/05/rashard_mendenhall_loses_champ.html

PITTSBURGH — The Champion sports apparel company has ended its endorsement deal with Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall over Twitter remarks the player made criticizing people for celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Friday that Champion "strongly disagreed" with the tweets and ended a new four-year contract the player recently signed. Mendenhall has endorsed the company's products since entering the league in 2008.

Mendenhall on Monday questioned the public celebrations of bin Laden's death, and whether the World Trade Center towers were really brought down on Sept. 11, 2001, only by crashing two hijacked airliners into the buildings.

Mendenhall has since clarified his remarks by saying Americans were insulted when some people celebrated the terrorist attacks masterminded by bin Laden, and that others might view Americans celebrating bin Laden's death the same way.

Among Mendenhall's posts, the day after the bin Laden news broke, was: "What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..." He also tweeted on the Sept. 11 attacks: "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

Wednesday's offering, though, was a different story.

"I appreciate those of you who have decided to read this letter and attain a greater understanding of my recent Twitter posts. I see how they have gotten misconstrued, and wanted to use this outlet as a way to clear up all things that do not truthfully represent myself, what I stand for personally, and any organization that I am a part of.

"First, I want people to understand that I am not in support of Bin Laden, or against the USA. I understand how devastating 9/11 was to this country and to the people whose families were affected. Not just in the U.S., but families all over the world who had relatives in the World Trade Centers. My heart goes out to the troops who fight for our freedoms everyday, not being certain if they will have the opportunity to return home, and the families who watch their loved ones bravely go off to war. Last year, I was grateful enough to have the opportunity to travel overseas and participate in a football camp put on for the children of U.S. troops stationed in Germany. It was a special experience. These events have had a significant impact in my life."

Mendenhall also specifically pointed out the "celebrates death" tweet.

"This controversial statement was something I said in response to the amount of joy I saw in the event of a murder. I don't believe that this is an issue of politics or American pride; but one of religion, morality, and human ethics."

He also tried to bring closure to the situation.

"Nothing I said was meant to stir up controversy. It was my way to generate conversation. In looking at my timeline in its entirety, everything that I've said is with the intent of expressing a wide array of ideas and generating open and honest discussions, something I believe we as American citizens should be able to do. Most opinions will not be fully agreed upon and are not meant to be. However, I believe every opinion should be respected or at least given some thought. I apologize for the timing as such a sensitive matter, but it was not meant to do harm. I apologize to anyone I unintentionally harmed with anything that I said, or any hurtful interpretation that was made and put in my name."

On Tuesday, as Mendenhall's offerings became a national story, team president Art Rooney II made sure the Steelers were heard from.

"I have not spoken with Rashard, so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments," he wrote in a statement. "The entire Steelers organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon."

Mendenhall, who profiles himself as a "conversationalist and professional athlete" on his Twitter page, turned some heads in March, as well, when he supported a comment by Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson comparing the NFL to "modern-day slavery."

"Anyone with knowledge of the slave trade and the NFL could say that these two parallel eachother," Mendenhall posted at the time.

Mendenhall is coming off a tremendous season, as he led the AFC champions in carries (324), rushing yards (1,273) and rushing touchdowns (13). He has 2,439 yards in three seasons since being drafted in the 2008 first round out of Illinois.

In the 2010 postseason, Mendenhall ran for 230 yards on 61 carries in three games with four touchdowns, as Pittsburgh defeated the Baltimore Ravens (31-24) and New York Jets (24-19), before falling to the Green Bay Packers 31-25 in the Super Bowl.

As a result of the controversy, Mendenhall saw a spike in his followers on Twitter. On Tuesday afternoon, he had 13,631. On Wednesday afternoon, he had 36,914.

He personally follows 67 on Twitter. Included in the group he's following is the Dalai Lama, comedian Sarah Silverman and the Park Community Church in Chicago.

anyone that celebrates the death of another human is Retarded

he is apparently responsible for the death of thousands of people but 2 wrongs dont make it right. congrats, we killed him...that doesnt bring anyone back

And people who use to word Retard to describe a person mental capacity are ignorant and in turn show the level of their own mental capacity and their morality.

Meanwhile, I saw on the news where Champion ? cancelled his contract as a spokesman.

Good move, he's a sleazeball in a group of sleazeballs.

Meanwhile, I saw on the news where Champion ? cancelled his contract as a spokesman.

Good move, he's a sleazeball in a group of sleazeballs.

yes and the next thing he'll cry is racism...because thats what most blacks do when they lose something...or cant get thier way..."it was racist"....they use racism like a credit card... but so far...Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson have kept thier trap shut and rightly so...I cant wait till next season when Mendenball gets his sack kicked in durning a pile up...well deserved for you stooler hickwater azzholes..

Knowing how college professers love to teach national socialism and watching how these youngsters (college age students) celebrated in front of the white house over Bin ladens death is a little disturbing. We should remember and not take for granite how the personality cult around Hitler which captivated the youth of Germany so he could do anything he wanted is the same type of cult worship of Mr. Barack Hussein Obama.

Knowing how college professers love to teach national socialism and watching how these youngsters (college age students) celebrated in front of the white house over Bin ladens death is a little disturbing. We should remember and not take for granite how the personality cult around Hitler which captivated the youth of Germany so he could do anything he wanted is the same type of cult worship of Mr. Barack Hussein Obama.

This is by far one of the stupidest statements that I have every heard. I'm not an Obama supporter, I don't like his health bill, and I sure as shit didn't vote for him, but every ignorant person who says he is driving the country to socialism is like nails on a chalk board to me. You literally just spat out stereotype after stereotype in your statement. All college professors support socialism, check, college students are empty headed sponges who base their views off their teachers, check, democrats are socialists, check, and to put the icing on the cake you end with adding Obama's middle name just to remind everyone that he is connected to Muslims. Seriously just from your statement you can tell you do nothing but watch Fox News, or listen to Beck.

Is it really so hard to believe that it wasn't Obama supporters out there but just happy college students celebrating that we finally got pay back for 3000 American deaths.

I was sitting at my desk when the teacher came in and told us that two planes had hit the Twin Towers. She had been crying. We didn't turn on a tv but just went back to our lesson. When I got to my grandmothers house after school she said that the Pentagon had been hit and another plane went down in Pennsylvania. I asked her what the Trade Center was because I didn't know. When my parents picked me up my dad dropped us off at our house and took all the gas cans to the station and filled them up and topped off the cars because he was dead certain that gas was going to spike to $10 a gallon the next day. I was only in 5th grade then. I remember everything about that day down to what I ate for each meal. I am a Republican and I shouted USA for 15 minutes while me and my roommate ran down the halls of our dorm with American flags tied around our necks like caps.

Archived