THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Bullshit

Zombo

A couple random thoughts...

- Based on the draft, but for suspensions NC would have been consensus national champs.

- I thought we needed 4-3 LB's.

- The trade down with the Falcons was brilliantly opportunistic (too bad the Broncos traded down with SF just ahead of us in R2),

But then...

- We reached throughout the draft and compounded it by unnecesarily spending picks in the process.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Erik Hagg guy is really interesting. I like how he really improved every year he played (Fresh, none starter, soph, periodic player, junior, starter 1 INT, senior, starter 5 INT). This guy played a LB/Safety position that his team called nickel safety. He would play normal FS too but alot of the time he was closer to the line and would go into man coverage on WR's alot of the time. I feel like he is a way better pick than Asante was last year (even though Asante was a 5th rounder and Hagg is a 7th) and actually has a chance with starting the season on the active roster, but only time will tell.

This Erik Hagg guy is really interesting. I like how he really improved every year he played (Fresh, none starter, soph, periodic player, junior, starter 1 INT, senior, starter 5 INT). This guy played a LB/Safety position that his team called nickel safety. He would play normal FS too but alot of the time he was closer to the line and would go into man coverage on WR's alot of the time. I feel like he is a way better pick than Asante was last year (even though Asante was a 5th rounder and Hagg is a 7th) and actually has a chance with starting the season on the active roster, but only time will tell.

I'm just glad that Skippy can finally buy his Hag her own jersey.

Zombo

You just can't help but feel that at least Hagg is a better option at saftey that Nick Sorensen and just as good at special teams. Seriously we did we keep him of Asante last year. The guy gives zero production to the defense and special teams is where young guys are supposed to make there mark in order to stick with a team not for 10 year vets that have never registered a INT in there whole career.

Archived