THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's Your Guy?

Zombo

I have had computer issues and lots of work lately, so I've missed some of the best draft threads ... so, what I want to know is: where does everybody stand on the first pick for the Browns?

Assuming the Browns don't move out for the #6 position, who is the guy that you don't pass on?

I am, and have always been, firmly in Camp Peterson.

The last time I set up a Camp Peterson, that guy turned out pretty good and I think Patrick is just as much a stud on the other side of the ball.

He has an unreal speed and size combination, incredible athleticism, great football insticts ... he's a game-changer and the best pure football player in the draft, imo.

We will never be less than 8-8 with Haden and Peterson on the corners because we will simply take away half of a team's playbook.

So I'm in Camp Peterson, as are some notable others ... who's your guy?

Zombo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had computer issues and lots of work lately, so I've missed some of the best draft threads ... so, what I want to know is: where does everybody stand on the first pick for the Browns?

Assuming the Browns don't move out for the #6 position, who is the guy that you don't pass on?

I am, and have always been, firmly in Camp Peterson.

The last time I set up a Camp Peterson, that guy turned out pretty good and I think Patrick is just as much a stud on the other side of the ball.

He has an unreal speed and size combination, incredible athleticism, great football insticts ... he's a game-changer and the best pure football player in the draft, imo.

We will never be less than 8-8 with Haden and Peterson on the corners because we will simply take away half of a team's playbook.

So I'm in Camp Peterson, as are some notable others ... who's your guy?

Zombo

I to am in camp Peterson. If gone AJ Green with pick 6, after that try and trade back. Having said this though I am not going to be mad with who ever we pick until we see how they can do in the regular season. Last year I was pissed after the draft but look how it turned out for us.

Team Peterson here. The dude is better than Eric Berry was in College. Peterson, Haden, and Ward would just be completely hazardous to other teams health. There will be D line in the 2nd round. I really dont care about wrs anymore, we have some decent wr's on our team, the WCO dont go that verticle anyway. I also think that year 3 for our 2nd rounders will be a big surprise for us. Plus Josh will most likely be playing the slot and killing dudes on the skinny posts. Build the D from the outside in and we will be fine. Cant wait til Thrusday night.

I like DaQuan Bowers from Clemson. We need a sack machine.

Too many conflicting reports about his knee at this point to take him at 6. Heckert said he believes his knee is 100% and so has Bowers agent along with doctors he has seen, but I was just watching sports center this morning and McShay said he had GM's telling him that his knee injury is more serious and that his injury will reoccur and he will play half a season each year if he's lucky. Granted we can't know what is the truth or not but at this point it's really just too much of a risk at 6.

Too many conflicting reports about his knee at this point to take him at 6. Heckert said he believes his knee is 100% and so has Bowers agent along with doctors he has seen, but I was just watching sports center this morning and McShay said he had GM's telling him that his knee injury is more serious and that his injury will reoccur and he will play half a season each year if he's lucky. Granted we can't know what is the truth or not but at this point it's really just too much of a risk at 6.

Not to be rude, but anything Mcshay says is pretty much a pile of crap. Anyone of us could do his job. As for Bowers, the guy is going to be good. What is the difference in taking him at 6 or at 20. If his knees are that bad wouldnt he fall out of the whole draft in general. There is so much smoke heading into the draft, people are going to lie so they can get their guy. Bowers will go in the top 10.

As much as I'd like to be in Camp Peterson because he will be a star in the NFL....

I am more in Camp Bowers. The Browns have no pass rush in the 4-3. They were geared for the 3-4.

Bowers could be gone... then I like Cameron Jordan and J.J. Watt.

I'm conflicted. LOL

Camp Bowers. or maybe :rolleyes: Trade down a bit, get an extra pick in the 3rd... and get Jordan or Watt.

dammit. LOL

Im for Aj Green but i dont think he will be there and im not sold on Jones whats so ever...

So you can count me in on Camp Peterson i believe he will slide to the 6th pick and if Heckert passes on him i just really dont know what to say,he says he always goes BPA no matter what so how could he not be the pick

It would be easier if we'd had the FA to give us some idea.

MY guess is, that Bowers is just fine, since he had a dynamic senior year after growing up...

Even if the Browns DID have Hayden and Peterson, teams could just throw to their backs and TE's right down the field....

Pass rush. There are other cb's and wr's...

But not many big, dominant, smart hardworking DE's after Kerrigan and Heyward.....

"sigh"

Good God Almighty.

Okay, this is my last post on this subject.

I'm in CAMP PETERSON.

I just now figured, that it's not that hard to get a really good DE/DL in FA, but

a team rarely, if ever, will find a Peterson in FA. He's elite.

Okay, I'm no longer conflicted. I'm good.

I defer to the Browns & their experts' choice but, were it me doing the drafting, I would also go after Peterson. I guess we'll see this Thursday night, won't we?

One interesting sidelight is this attached mock.....check out what they think our picks will be in the 1st 3 rounds!!! All 3 Linebackers??????

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

Also check out who they have us passing on to get these guys.

Mike

Team Peterson here. The dude is better than Eric Berry was in College. Peterson, Hayden, and Ward would just be completely hazardous to other teams health. There will be D line in the 2nd round. I really dont care about wrs anymore, we have some decent wr's on our team, the WCO dont go that verticle anyway. I also think that year 3 for our 2nd rounders will be a big surprise for us. Plus Josh will most likely be playing the slot and killing dudes on the skinny posts. Build the D from the outside in and we will be fine. Cant wait til Thrusday night.

And don't forget Haggerty.

I defer to the Browns & their experts' choice but, were it me doing the drafting, I would also go after Peterson. I guess we'll see this Thursday night, won't we?

One interesting sidelight is this attached mock.....check out what they think our picks will be in the 1st 3 rounds!!! All 3 Linebackers??????

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

Also check out who they have us passing on to get these guys.

Mike

You know what amazes me about some of these mocks? I think people just don't pay attention to team needs. They just have this idea that the Browns need LB's so they have them picking the best LB left in every round. Not even realizing that the Browns have like 2 DL signed and a couple scrubs for a 4-3 alignment. Seriously, if these guys are going to spend the time to do what looks to be an "official" mock draft, why can't they spend the time to actually research teams?

AJ Green. The Browns are an elite #1 wideout and RT away from being a really good offense. If the Browns didn't have Hayden already, I'd go Peterson. But we do have Joe, and taking a second corner high is a luxury IMHO. Yeah, having two great corners will slow down the passing attack all right- but teams will run our D all day, and with zero pass rush, opposing qbs will have time to find someone open when the coverage breaks down. If Green is off the board (I'm betting he wont be) my preference is BPA on the front seven, and ditto that in the second round.

That said, I won't be upset if the Browns do wind up with Peterson.

Yeah that mock was terrible 3 LBs, even though id like to see if Brooks Reed could play with his hand down in the NFL and be a smaller DE,he was a DE in college..

Also surprized about all the Bowers love if i had to choose personally id have Quinn>Bowers,i think when you play in Jaurons 4-3 its almost like a tampa 2..You need small very quick Ends thats the way the Colts succeded with that type of D...Think Mathis and Freeney

1: As said above our system uses smaller DE's that are around 250.

2: It's Haden, not Hayden. I've seen it misspelled about 10 times today.

Yeah thank you we will be looking at smaller DEs when ive seen so many people thinking we need like a 5 tecquince 3-4 DE...Dont be surprized if we see Dontay Moch in the 3rd Rd or something and try to keep him as a DE, remeber everybody said Mathis was way to small to play as an everydown DE

woah where'd all these pro-peterson guys come from lol, 3 months ago, everyone was on camp Green and Dareus.

anyways, still Peterson.

And I really don't care if we take 1 extra year in our rebuilding process. Next year's drat is absolutely stacked, theres a guy who could be as good (maybe better) as Green, Alshon Jeffrey.

Since when did we on this board begin to follow the lead of tweeny bopper girls and declare whether or not we are in Camp Edward or Camp Jacob or the like.

I will be in the "camp" of whomever the Browns pick. And all the rest of them, even if it is someone we think we may have liked to have had, can take a long walk off a short pier. Example: last year many of us would have liked to have had the Browns pick Eric Berry, but they didn't because he was gone. So, right now, I could care less if Eric Berry were to become a major flop. So be it. Perhaps I would like the Browns to take AJ Green, but if Cinci gets him ahead of us, FRAK him. He can go the way of Charles Rogers.

Archived