THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's attract the BEST HC candidates

Guest Ghoolie

Guest Ghoolie

Bring Sewage back and let Crennel have a one year extension.

Hear me out.

1) Make both of them understand that they are STILL fired, but are being paid to stay on one more year.

2) Trade this year's first round pick to a team for their 2010 First round pick.

3) Spend the 2009 season interviewing and searching.

4) Sewage and RAC will deliver another shit 3 - 13 season.

5) The new coach will have a team with TWO, count em, TWO high first round picks. BIG incentive.

Can't we all just trust in Sewage for one more year? Can't we? :blink:

The best way to attract a good HC is to hire a good solid GM lerner is doing the best he can and moving fast it would help some if he would dump the existing coordinators and assistants that were forced on crennel and helped send him down the tubes..the new regime isnt going to want any of those guys anyways and if they keep them around i will take that as a red flag that we arent going to improve...

Listen,

while ur argument seems plausible ... think about this ->

>> Can the browns take another year of crap just to get the first pick ? and this pick will cost more and will still be unproven.

>> This will lead to loss of revenue and respect ? Is that deserved ?

>> If we dont find a good coach in 2010, we are still in the same boat. This year there are a lot of good co-ordinators available and coaches being fired ... next year many will have contracts.

>> While we may be guaranteed of a nice draft pick ... what about the loss of morale to the players ? many might demand to be traded even. We will then have more holes to fill than plugs. Also the players get older every year and with JL and JJ and McGinest 2009 is all they have ..

>> This will inturn affect who ever we hire for 2010 cos he will he 3 steps behind where we already are now.

Hear me out.

1) Make both of them understand that they are STILL fired, but are being paid to stay on one more year.

2) Trade this year's first round pick to a team for their 2010 First round pick.

5) The new coach will have a team with TWO, count em, TWO high first round picks. BIG incentive.

That's a genius idea. Too bad the Clowns have no Herschel Walker to dangle in front of the Vikings...they have a $h!tload of picks this year. :lol:

Cant believe I just read all of that!

What you are asking for is to have a pro football organization tank a season and have the fans sit through that, for an extra pick the following year. One thing about drafting players is there are no guarantees they will be any good, I don't even need to give examples. And with a projected 3-13 season you will have most likely a top five pick and with the second pick you could range anywhere from 1-32. If you want to make a splash I feel the best way is solid draft picks trades and free agency.

Hear me out.

Career suicide. No self respecting football person would ever agree to that. Savage and Crennel will seek long term employment somehwere than be some teams Chump for 12 months.

What if that team goes deep into the post season or wins the whole thing? You've possibly just traded a top 5 pick for a 24 - 32nd pick. Well, unless you can talk the other club into tanking it for the 2009 season too.

The Browns couldnt interview anyone employed by an NFL team until seasons end. Who would the Browns talk to for 12 months? Jerry Glanville? Tyrone Willingham?

With the Browns luck, No.

:unsure:

It's ghoolie, what the hell did you expect?

He's made a living at stupid posts to garner responses

It's all about the response with ghoolie.

More dime a dozen coffee fetcher posts.

Point is neither Rich or Ghoolie offer ANY solutions, they just bash everyone out there.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks, but since our dynamic duo obviously live in caves like wi-fi neanderthals I guess it's ok.

Archived