THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis On The Cover Of Madden!

BeernBrowns

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Vick wins there is something seriously wrong with the world.. Rumor has it that when Vick was in prison he was torturing ants!

Its not that I dont think Vick deserves a second chance, but not many people get what he was handed to him. He was on an NFL roster right out of prison. All the homo has to do is stay out of trouble and not kills animals.. Tell me he would be behaving if he has to actually get hired in the real world. The dude is ghetto his act is a sham!

If Vick wins there is something seriously wrong with the world.. Rumor has it that when Vick was in prison he was torturing ants!

Admit it. Is there anyone here that never took a magnifying glass to an ant on a warm summer day to see it get cooked by the concentrated sunlight?

Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

Post it wherever you can: Browns sites, facebook, use it a as a signature, whatever....

I wanna see Peyton CRUSH the Dog Killa

70% of the vote is a good goal.

Let's show them that Browns fans are still the most passionate in the land!

Zombo

Yep, you're 12.

Actually 20, but ya I did grow up during the rise of video games and ya a lot of people think it's a big deal for a player from the Browns to be recognized on the cover of a Video game that sells 2.6 million copies a year and in the year 2009 had sold 70 million copies since it was made, making it the most popular video game sold in N. America.

Ya don't have to like or play video games but even my grandma who can't turn on her computer without having to call my dad for help could understand that it's an honor to be put on the cover.

Yep, you're 12.

12, 20 same thing. :lol:

although i feel the same way i know people older than me that love this shit, and i'm in my late 40's. it's not generational as i once thought.

i like the evolution of technology since pong (rhimes with bong, hmmmmmm :rolleyes: ) my problem is i tried a couple of games and totally suck. i can't get used to the controllers, whatever happened to joysticks and guns?

yes it is a form of entertainment for tons of people everywhere BUT funny thing is, i think if i were any good at it i would end up like the dude in that old anti-drug commercial where the mom is knocking on junior's door asking him if he looked for a job today and he pokes the joint and goes "tomorrow mom, tomorrow."

still ya gotta vote for a brown. count me in.

although i feel the same way i know people older than me that love this shit, and i'm in my late 40's. it's not generational as i once thought.

i like the evolution of technology since pong (rhimes with bong, hmmmmmm :rolleyes: ) my problem is i tried a couple of games and totally suck. i can't get used to the controllers, whatever happened to joysticks and guns?

yes it is a form of entertainment for tons of people everywhere BUT funny thing is, i think if i were any good at it i would end up like the dude in that old anti-drug commercial where the mom is knocking on junior's door asking him if he looked for a job today and he pokes the joint and goes "tomorrow mom, tomorrow."

I can understand that. The only reason I am as good as I am at video games is because I grew up with the NES and have played on most gaming systems since then. I would spend the $300 for a gaming system and then $50 for a game to have to play if for a few months in order to get good at it. Plus the joy stick is still there (you just use your thumb instead of your whole hand) and the guns are making a comeback via the PS3 motion controller and the Wii system.

It doesn't matter how old you are or whether you like video games, it's cool for Peyton and the Browns.

Zombo

Agreed Zombo this speaks volumes for the Browns as an Organzation we've been part of the laughing stock of the league since we've come back, and to get this kind of recengtion is good for the Browns and Hillis...Its the first part of showing the world the Browns are back and were here for good

It doesn't matter how old you are or whether you like video games, it's cool for Peyton and the Browns.

Zombo

Seriously, what's with all the ripping on people for being excited about this? I'm almost 40 and don't play video games but I get why this is such a big deal. I played Madden from my teens through my 20's and still know friends that play it. Hell, they have reality tv shows dedicated to this game so this IS a cool thing.

I don't get the crotchety old farts when it comes to ripping on this. All you should care about is we finally have a player that is adored by more than just Clevelanders - for the RIGHT reasons (see LBJ loser for the wrong ones). Peyton is a guy we can build around and we should ALL be happy he's made it this far.

I've said it for years - there are many, many old fart Browns fans that just don't get how things have changed and are unwilling to accept change. Do us all a favor and give it a rest.

Vote for the AVALANCHE!

I like video games. I don't play Madden, but I do own an XBox 360.

For the last 15 or 20 years, this game has been the face of the NFL for a lot of young folks. As such, it is iconic. To be placed on the cover is huge. And for it to be a member of a team that basically has sucked for 10 years and non-existant for the 3 years prior... would never have happened without the public vote like this.

I hope he wins, if for nothing else, so that the Browns stop being the butt of the joke.

well he should have gotten recognition in other ways not just being (i hope) on the cover of a video game box. we've been back for some time now and have sucked so the laughing stock part of this is understandable by other teams' fans. hey, i now bust my best friend's balls about how bad the mets are.

the fact that there is a gap between people of different ages in their beliefs should not be of any surprise. i remember getting yelled at from neighbors for having our punk band practicing in our garage at all times of the day and night. and now being older i see the old "listen to what i say, i've been there" lecture come to fruition. doesn't mean name calling on either side should be tolerated. what if i called you a yound turd?

BTW no matter what i like or dislike about the younger generation doesn't mean you'll ever going to get me to listen to a Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche song.

I am 32, grew up with the 8 bit NES, then the SuperNES, then the NES 64, then grew up and got a job. When the f__k did a cover of a video game mean anything? Maybe if the country played the 'make some damn money game' my taxes wouldn't be so high.

I am 32, grew up with the 8 bit NES, then the SuperNES, then the NES 64, then grew up and got a job. When the f__k did a cover of a video game mean anything? Maybe if the country played the 'make some damn money game' my taxes wouldn't be so high.

Well I for one am not falling for the whole "I need to grow up and stop playing video games" thing. You can be an adult and play video game. I don't see any difference between playing a video game at night, as compared to staying up to watch a show or a movie, which I am sure plenty of "Adults" do.

Well, I don't play video games. I'm not 12 years old. I'm 59. But, I think having a Cleveland Brown on the cover of probably one of the most well known, purchased, and played video games can only be a good thing for Cleveland. I voted for Peyton, and I hope he gets the cover. As a lifelong Browns fan, I think it'd be great!

What are you, 60. In this day an age video games are very mainstream and are as visible to the population as movies. Getting on the cover of video games now a days is almost like getting an award.

I am just short of 60, and I too don't give a rat's ass about who is on the cover of a video game.

Nevertheless, if it brings some deserving attention to a Browns player by those who do give a rat's ass who is on a video cover, so be it. It is fine with me.

Hey man, video games have gone downhill since Space Invaders :ph34r:

Well I for one am not falling for the whole "I need to grow up and stop playing video games" thing. You can be an adult and play video game. I don't see any difference between playing a video game at night, as compared to staying up to watch a show or a movie, which I am sure plenty of "Adults" do.

I'm not trying to get you to fall for anything, HIB. You should get it on your own.

2 questions.

What will Hillis on the cover really mean to you or the Browns?

When was the last time your girlfriend/wife said 'lets stay home and play madden tonight'?

I have never in my life seen a well to do person (not their kids) play a video game. They focus on winning the game of life, not scoring virtual tds. At least if you watch real football you can have social interaction, instead of ignoring the world and learning nothing. Not telling you what to do.....just giving my opinion.

well he should have gotten recognition in other ways not just being (i hope) on the cover of a video game box. we've been back for some time now and have sucked so the laughing stock part of this is understandable by other teams' fans. hey, i now bust my best friend's balls about how bad the mets are.

the fact that there is a gap between people of different ages in their beliefs should not be of any surprise. i remember getting yelled at from neighbors for having our punk band practicing in our garage at all times of the day and night. and now being older i see the old "listen to what i say, i've been there" lecture come to fruition. doesn't mean name calling on either side should be tolerated. what if i called you a yound turd?

BTW no matter what i like or dislike about the younger generation doesn't mean you'll ever going to get me to listen to a Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche song.

FYI, my son is 20 and doesn't do much if any video games. We bought him some when he was younger and he played them for a while, but, when he was about 10-12 he announced that he thought they were pretty much a waste of his time and he would rather read...of course, this is a kid who is now doing his internship at Cornell...so, he dances to the beat of a different drum.

And though I may not listen to Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche, I AM down with this:

And in regards to the person who said Hillis should be the comeback player of the year, how? He's only in his third year and he's never had a great year aside from this one, so i'm not sure what he's "coming back" from :s.

With that said, the whole UNCC soccer team voted for Hillis. I voted 3 times.

Archived