THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis On The Cover Of Madden!

BeernBrowns

I personally could care less who shows up on the cover of the Madden whatever game that is.

I don't play video games, and I don't do fantasy sports, so all of that is meaningless to me.

The only thing I might care about is that a Browns player gets some well earned recognition, from whatever quarter.

But, I would rather he get recognition for going to DisneyWorld because he was the Super Bowl MVP.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that Hillis has got this far is a great display of the Browns fan base, I am sure that non Browns fans have voted for him but I guess more of us have voted than non Browns fans....another testament to why our fan base is so freakingly awesome. I say keep voting - it would make a change to have a real man on the cover. Vick no way deserves it - his redemption takes much longer in my book, I'm with you CFFL.

I just read that about five minutes ago and was going to post it. Aparently he has already jumped ahead. I think I would be more pissed if he pulled this upset and lost in the finals though than if he lost this round to the one person besides Hillis who deserves it the most. I don't have a problem with Vick, but Hillis was the true come back player of the year and he wasn't even on the ballet for the award.

Yeah im extremely surprized hes getting the love he really deserves, its a great thing to see a Cleveland Brown getting such recongition...

I wouldnt be pissed if he lost to Aaron Rodgers who is more deserving of the cover than almost anyone else, however i would be exteremly pissed if he beats Rodgers and then lost to someone like Vick it would be a shame

He absolutely deserves a second chance but people seem to be forgetting about what he did because he had one good season. He still has giant strides to make off the field before he repairs his image: at least to me. He is only sorry because he got caught and he's still be doing it if he hadn't. Also, he's already been on the cover once. Share the wealth.

If he deserves a 2nd chance, give him a 2nd chance. How can he take his 2nd chance if you won't give it to him?

And you have no idea what he'd be doing now or if he's truly regretful or not.

If he deserves a 2nd chance, give him a 2nd chance. How can he take his 2nd chance if you won't give it to him?

you're totally right dude, the $7 million he's already made since out of prison and the $16-17 million he's going to make this season isn't REALLY his second chance until a guy on a internet message board gives it to him fully! Come on, don't be stupid.

I'm in the same boat as him as are several million people who love football. He deserved his shot to get back in the league, but that doesn't mean I care for him as a person or will i ever. It's the same with Stallworth for that matter. I don't see how anyone who has ever owned and loved a dog could. So get off your high horse and accept the fact that not everyone has to embrace the dude with open arms and completely look past what he did to viciously kill and torture dogs.

Anyway, I sure hope Hillis wins. I would keep the Madden game forever if he did haha.

you're totally right dude, the $7 million he's already made since out of prison and the $16-17 million he's going to make this season isn't REALLY his second chance until a guy on a internet message board gives it to him fully! Come on, don't be stupid.

I'm in the same boat as him as are several million people who love football. He deserved his shot to get back in the league, but that doesn't mean I care for him as a person or will i ever. It's the same with Stallworth for that matter. I don't see how anyone who has ever owned and loved a dog could. So get off your high horse and accept the fact that not everyone has to embrace the dude with open arms and completely look past what he did to viciously kill and torture dogs.

Anyway, I sure hope Hillis wins. I would keep the Madden game forever if he did haha.

You do realize that of that $7 million and the $16-$17 million this year, that he only actually sees about $300,000? Because his bankruptcy deal has him paying back a ton of his money.

I didn't say you had to like him. But to continue vilifying him is harsh.

Its not a high horse. I just think its stupid to continue to trash someone when they seem to be turning the corner.

You do realize that of that $7 million and the $16-$17 million this year, that he only actually sees about $300,000? Because his bankruptcy deal has him paying back a ton of his money.

I didn't say you had to like him. But to continue vilifying him is harsh.

Its not a high horse. I just think its stupid to continue to trash someone when they seem to be turning the corner.

$300,000?! That poor soul!!! How can anyone in this terrible economy expect to provide for a family on a measly $300,000?! How dare the NFL call that just compensation. I used to think that I was a fool for having to work three jobs while going to grad school, but now I see how bad some people have it.

Seriously though, the guy made a mistake and he is trying to make amends for it. I give him credit for it. However, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't want him on the cover of crappy video games. He was already on it once. Joe Mauer is on the cover of MLB The Show again and I think that it's stupid that he gets the glory again. It should be different people every year.

So if Charles Manson said he was sorry you would think he deserves a second chance?

I said it before and I will say it again, please stay on topic. If this turns into another stupid moralistic thread about Vick, I will close it.

VOTE OR DIE!

So what you're trying to say is that you support Michael Vick and think that he should be on the cover of Madden? How dare you?

Yeah i got two computers so i voted twice for Hillis, and no to Vick even though rumors are it looks like Hillis is pulling away as is Vick...There headed for a showdown, funny how they were the two on Sportscenter and First Take starting the whole thing from the beiging when Vick wouldnt Arm Wrestle him

So what you're trying to say is that you support Michael Vick and think that he should be on the cover of Madden? How dare you?

The cover of Madden shouldn't have anything to do with his personal life. If PETA comes out with a video game, I won't be voting for him to be on the cover. But his performance this year definitely is worth noting, and that's why I'll vote for Vick to be on the cover over Peyton Hillis.

Because while the Madden Curse may be silly and just a coincidence, I'm not going to take a chance with it. We finally have an RB who can perform, let's not jeopardize it.

Why is Hillis wearing brown pants in the video? Are we going back to look? Hated it.

Zombo

what i want to know is why does hillis look thinner on there? the vid i saw on the news didn't have him looking like the juggernaut.

what i want to know is why does hillis look thinner on there? the vid i saw on the news didn't have him looking like the juggernaut.

You have to remember that last year's game was made before the season started. Nobody really knew who Hillis was and didn't know about his size or strength.

I said it before and I will say it again, please stay on topic. If this turns into another stupid moralistic thread about Vick, I will close it.

VOTE OR DIE!

lordy i hope you don't have the power to do anything with this forum w/o the permission of others.

a moralistic thread about vick is stupid, but the 'HILLIS MIGHT ON THE COVER OF MADDEN' is pulitzer prize worthy?

no wonder our world is turning to shit.

lordy i hope you don't have the power to do anything with this forum w/o the permission of others.

a moralistic thread about vick is stupid, but the 'HILLIS MIGHT ON THE COVER OF MADDEN' is pulitzer prize worthy?

Lol i technically do but it was more of a scare tactic than a realistic threat ;)

Hillis better win or im gonna be a sad panda.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/26586/madden-tourney-results-coming-tomorrow

LOL.

I think it is cute the kid likes to remind people he is an all powerful mod.

Where be Hoorta and Zombo these days? Or Skippy for that matter?

Hoorta and the legendary orange shit.....where's the Roachmeister at? It's draft time boys!!!

To hell with the curse, let's get some recognition for the Albino Rhino......

LOL.

Hoorta and the legendary orange shit.....where's the Roachmeister at? It's draft time boys!!!

Sorry you can't take a joke. Hope you can get the sand out of your pussy.

Anyways, Peyton Hillis wins by a whopping 61% and is in the finals against Michael Vick!

LOL.

I'm here everyday, I just have to sell all of my Real Estate for the year between the SB and the draft so I can live out my Browns obsession the rest of the year. I don't play video games, but I've voted for Hillis on all of our computers, I think it's cool.

Skippy has his baseball team, his 13 kids and his 19 daily margaritas so I'm sure he'll get back here when real football beckons.

Larry is still lurking at night tossing the riff raff.

None of us have gone to the Homo board, if that's what you are worried about.

Zombo

Archived