THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis On The Cover Of Madden!

BeernBrowns

So from the sounds of it you must be pretty stoked about the Easter bunny coming soon?

By the way, I have been doing some research into this and do you know what the Easter bunny symbolizes?:

It is pagan in derivation and symbolizes spring fecundity and carnal pleasure. Absolutely true. Why do you think that Playboy adopted the bunny as their logo.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I have been doing some research into this and do you know what the Easter bunny symbolizes?:

It is pagan in derivation and symbolizes spring fecundity and carnal pleasure. Absolutely true. Why do you think that Playboy adopted the bunny as their logo.

Weird i have been doing some research on exotic dancers..

Only two of the three. The writing portion was my highest score, actually. I penned a 740 on that. It's unfortunate that part wasn't included in my college admissions process, because my GPA was actually godawful and didn't truly reflect me as a student.

Well, we just got our daughters SAT scores yesterday, and she is apparently the opposite of you. She has close to a 3.9 GPA, but she choked...big time... on the SATs, and on the ACT before that.

Only two of the three. The writing portion was my highest score, actually. I penned a 740 on that. It's unfortunate that part wasn't included in my college admissions process, because my GPA was actually godawful and didn't truly reflect me as a student.

Well, we just got our daughters SAT scores yesterday, and she is apparently the opposite of you. She has close to a 3.9 GPA, but she choked...big time... on the SATs, and on the ACT before that.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I'd rather have had it that way, though. At least you can retake the SAT to get a score you are happy with. And now you don't even have to submit your previous scores if you're happy with your latest score.

I had a 2.8 GPA, it was embarrassing. I had a terrible freshman year, and by the time I was a senior my coaches scheduled me for P.E. for more than half of my classes. I ended up taking 7 P.E. classes in my last two years, when I should have been taking the rest of the AP classes I had on my plan. There wasn't enough quality points in a repeated elective P.E. class to have much of a positive effect on my GPA. Such is the life of a scholarship athlete, though. Thankfully, as long as I qualified for NCAA I had my scholarship, and I had no problem with that.

And yet Christianity runs rampant.

Agreed and his quote you quoted is equally ridiculous. I personally can't imagine being that sheltered/closed minded. As far as the "curse" is concerned call it a strange coincidence then but there is still a correlation whether it be from the physical rigors of the game or some underlying whatever. No matter the direction of either argument I never want a Steeler on the cover of Madden.

Agreed and his quote you quoted is equally ridiculous. I personally can't imagine being that sheltered/closed minded. As far as the "curse" is concerned call it a strange coincidence then but there is still a correlation whether it be from the physical rigors of the game or some underlying whatever. No matter the direction of either argument I never want a Steeler on the cover of Madden.

Well, there is one place I would want to be on the cover:

Funny homotron I thought reading ur comments were the dumbest thing I read all week. That is until I read ben roethlisburger wouldn't live with his fiance for religeous reason..

Really ben? So raping or have sex with a random young chick in a bathroom stall is ok? But living with your wife isn't?

Funny homotron I thought reading ur comments were the dumbest thing I read all week. That is until I read ben roethlisburger wouldn't live with his fiance for religeous reason..

Really ben? So raping or have sex with a random young chick in a bathroom stall is ok? But living with your wife isn't?

:lol:

i read that article to and all i could do was shake my head and laugh.

Gipper, some advice for your daughter. She's got a 3.9 so she's intelligent. She should be able to memorize all the geometry formulas and basic trig tables for the test. I took it twice, scored an 1190 on the first one, saw what I needed to improve in math, and spent the night before just memorizing that crap. I only missed two questions on the math and scored a 1390.

...Blargh. MCAT next Saturday :S So sick of studying. I've been looking over the same material for ~120 days.

Gipper, some advice for your daughter. She's got a 3.9 so she's intelligent. She should be able to memorize all the geometry formulas and basic trig tables for the test. I took it twice, scored an 1190 on the first one, saw what I needed to improve in math, and spent the night before just memorizing that crap. I only missed two questions on the math and scored a 1390.

...Blargh. MCAT next Saturday :S So sick of studying. I've been looking over the same material for ~120 days.

Actually, she did best on the math, in which her score was about average, but still not up to par with the GPA. Her writing was slightly below average, and her reading was well below average. But based on her school work all of these should have been well above average, but they weren't. My son scored in the top 1 percentile on the ACT, and in the top 5 percentile on the SAT.

But yea, she will need to take at least 1 of them again.

Reading is very tricky to improve. I think it's almost intrinsic. The MCAT does basically the same thing as the SAT reading comprehension sections. I've consistently been scoring ~80% on the practice materials that I'm working on, which is good enough for top 25th percentile, but I haven't seen any improvement. As far as writing... Couldn't help you there. I hated it in high school. My second SAT was the first SAT to include the writing section, so no one really cared about it. I drew a penis at the end of it and randomly inserted the word "nipples" twice. Got a 460. U. of Dayton's application only asked for Math and Reading.

I would suggest getting her some practice material, as reading can be difficult if you don't know what to expect. Which may have been her reason for performing poorly?

Reading is very tricky to improve. I think it's almost intrinsic. The MCAT does basically the same thing as the SAT reading comprehension sections. I've consistently been scoring ~80% on the practice materials that I'm working on, which is good enough for top 25th percentile, but I haven't seen any improvement. As far as writing... Couldn't help you there. I hated it in high school. My second SAT was the first SAT to include the writing section, so no one really cared about it. I drew a penis at the end of it and randomly inserted the word "nipples" twice. Got a 460. U. of Dayton's application only asked for Math and Reading.

I would suggest getting her some practice material, as reading can be difficult if you don't know what to expect. Which may have been her reason for performing poorly?

We paid $150.00 for one of these prep courses. It didn't help.....or maybe it did. Perhaps without it it would have been far worse.

How many other people are still in the running for this?

I know after This Hillis will face Rodgers who is facing Danny Woodhead the winner of that will be in the championship..

The other side of the braket has Drew Brees agasnt Adrian Peterson and Micheal Vick vs Patrick Willis...

I dont see Hillis beating out Rodgers who rightfully deserves the cover but just to see Hillis getting so much love is well deserved and anything is possible

I sincerely doubt it's his religious beliefs but rather hers and he's respecting/protecting her from the media by saying it's both. It would make absolutely no sense considering his "decorated past" for it to be otherwise.

Peyton Hillis is in the final four of the Madden cover. He is going up against Aaron Rodgers, my original pick to win it all. I think that it's awesome that Hillis is still in it. Whoever you vote for, please don't make it Vick. The fact that people still like him is sickening.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

Peyton Hillis is in the final four of the Madden cover. He is going up against Aaron Rodgers, my original pick to win it all. I think that it's awesome that Hillis is still in it. Whoever you vote for, please don't make it Vick. The fact that people still like him is sickening.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

Wow, so no matter what he does, he cannot ever redeem himself in your eyes? Yes, what he did to those poor dogs was terrible, and certainly makes you question whether he is a sociopath or not. But he did his time and by most accounts has become a better man and person for it.

Doesn't he deserve a second chance?

Wow, so no matter what he does, he cannot ever redeem himself in your eyes? Yes, what he did to those poor dogs was terrible, and certainly makes you question whether he is a sociopath or not. But he did his time and by most accounts has become a better man and person for it.

Doesn't he deserve a second chance?

He absolutely deserves a second chance but people seem to be forgetting about what he did because he had one good season. He still has giant strides to make off the field before he repairs his image: at least to me. He is only sorry because he got caught and he's still be doing it if he hadn't. Also, he's already been on the cover once. Share the wealth.

Archived