THE BROWNS BOARD

Moss Would Like To Play For Cleveland

BrownsKidd

Article in Yahoo Sports says that Randy would consider playing for the Browns.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Randy-Moss-loves-the-Patriots-perhaps-to-an-unh?urn=nfl-wp267

That's cool that he mentioned us, but I think at this point he'd play wherever someone would pay him.

Zombo

To piggy-back on what hillis-iz-boss said, H&H are trying to go young hence the cutting of all of our DLmen.

Plain and simple Moss wont be in Cleveland, ever.

Man, I just got my wires crossed on this. I spend a lot of time reading MX/SX forums. I saw H&H and was thinking why would Hart & Huntington be interested in Rock Star Suzuki rider Jake Moss and what does this have to do with Cleveland.

Any way... I can't see the Browns even considering Randy Moss. Youth is the way to go. Randy is just too much trouble and has been since his days at Notre Dame, Miami, Marshall, Minn. Oakland, NE, Minn. Tenn.........

Yeah he seemed pretty washed up last year.

The only way it would makes sense is if he signed a contract like bobby engram did last year and competed for a spot. Which he obviously won't.

Let's face it we have to get better at wr. If we had any good wrs last year we would have won 3 or 4 more games. All our wrs are number 3s. They are slow. All I keep hearing is we won't be very active in free agency. I don't think you can count on a rookie to make a huge impact. I hope we at least sign a veteren wr.

I have my reservations just like everyone else, but would his attitude change, wanting to play for a paticular team vs. going somewhere he didn't want to go. I can see the psychology in that.

moss' attitude probably isn't going to change. he is what he is. he wanted to go to ne (a winning team) and that didn't change his attitude.

exactly. why would the browns want a player like him? he's a major headcase and he isn't even that good anymore. as someone already said, go with the youth movement at wr and if they want to bring in a fa, make sure it's not someone like moss. no thanks on moss.

exactly. why would the browns want a player like him? he's a major headcase and he isn't even that good anymore. as someone already said, go with the youth movement at wr and if they want to bring in a fa, make sure it's not someone like moss. no thanks on moss.

Moss is what he is a winner who plays to the level of his team. If the Browns can get him real cheap and play well............BOOM a windfall.........If we stank he will stank with us

Moss is what he is a winner who plays to the level of his team. If the Browns can get him real cheap and play well............BOOM a windfall.........If we stank he will stank with us

Well, someone needs to take the other side of this argument. I like youth ...but I don't like it at WR. H&H should sit down with Moss and find out where his head is at. He comes in here as a #1 and can re-establish his status as a WR, thereby stretching out a longer career. We don't have many options but Moss + an early draft pick + MoMass and Robie makes a viable core. Sounds like the foundation of a win-win situation. Moss has had his issues, but it's not like he's Owens.

Honestly, honestly...I wouldn't be upset.

I don't like him as a person. I don't like his attitude. I don't like his "me first" playing style.

But I just feel...okay with this. He talks about wanting to find a loyal team, and then names two ballclubs, neither of which are very good (even though Seattle was in the postseason). It makes me think that maybe he just wants to finish out his career on a high note, instead of as the villain.

Belichick was able to find a way to get the best from Moss, without the drama. Moss is at-best a mental and emotional pre-teen. His attitudes and behavior has proven that he needs to feel wanted. He thrives when he's in on a team that wants him there. Once a coach or player calls him on his lack of motivation, he feels slighted, and that's when the drama begins. This new regime doesn't seem like the type that would publicly admonish a player. I think this regime, in their first year, already has the stability to deal with a player like Moss. I think the credibility and experience brought by Holmgren, Haskell, Heckert and Co. can keep a player who wants to win in check.

It sounds like wishful thinking. But, to be honest, teams don't get to be good by passing up talent. I understand the purists who don't want anybody on this team unless the sun shines out of their ass. I understand wanting to add young talent, not aging veterans. But it's not a "this or that" argument. You can add young talent, as well as old talent. I want to build through the draft. I want us to land A.J. Green. I want us to be contending. But with a roster full of #3's and #4's, a proven #1 goes a long way.

Now...let's hear it. Maybe a valid argument outside the realm of "he's a big dumb cancer and he likes to talk about his talent so I don't want him because he's not a blue collar guy and he played for the Patriots and he's old and we win by drafting everybody and never making a FA move".

Honestly, honestly...I wouldn't be upset.

I don't like him as a person. I don't like his attitude. I don't like his "me first" playing style.

But I just feel...okay with this. He talks about wanting to find a loyal team, and then names two ballclubs, neither of which are very good (even though Seattle was in the postseason). It makes me think that maybe he just wants to finish out his career on a high note, instead of as the villain.

Belichick was able to find a way to get the best from Moss, without the drama. Moss is at-best a mental and emotional pre-teen. His attitudes and behavior has proven that he needs to feel wanted. He thrives when he's in on a team that wants him there. Once a coach or player calls him on his lack of motivation, he feels slighted, and that's when the drama begins. This new regime doesn't seem like the type that would publicly admonish a player. I think this regime, in their first year, already has the stability to deal with a player like Moss. I think the credibility and experience brought by Holmgren, Haskell, Heckert and Co. can keep a player who wants to win in check.

It sounds like wishful thinking. But, to be honest, teams don't get to be good by passing up talent. I understand the purists who don't want anybody on this team unless the sun shines out of their ass. I understand wanting to add young talent, not aging veterans. But it's not a "this or that" argument. You can add young talent, as well as old talent. I want to build through the draft. I want us to land A.J. Green. I want us to be contending. But with a roster full of #3's and #4's, a proven #1 goes a long way.

Now...let's hear it. Maybe a valid argument outside the realm of "he's a big dumb cancer and he likes to talk about his talent so I don't want him because he's not a blue collar guy and he played for the Patriots and he's old and we win by drafting everybody and never making a FA move".

You just said it- Belichick got rid of him- all you need to know. What did Haynsworth or McNabb do in Washington? Not much.

i have yet to hear a valid reason why the browns should go after moss. he doesn't even fit in cleveland. the guy is a headcase, a diva, a troublemaker, a major distraction with his strange ways and will turn on a team if they don't win instantly. does that sound like the type of player the browns should go after while installing a new offense, with a new hc/oc and no timetable for the lockout to end? so moss is going to come to cleveland and everything is going to magically work out for the best???? c'mon fellas. get out of the fantasy world and come back to reality! it just sounds like some people are being blind to the facts and are looking at things unrealistically. simply put, wishful thinking aint gonna help you in the nfl.

i'd take Moss or Owens in a heartbeat...preferably both...with AJ Green as our #3 WR (!). that would be crazy!! and the kid would undoubtedly learn a priceless amount of knowledge from those guys just in 1 season.

that bit about those guys w potential character concerns playing up to the team's potential...lot of truth in that. they're both better than Mass and Robo...who certainly aren't teachin anybody SH*T about how to be dominant.

i'm eager to see what Colt and Seneca can accomplish vs a sideline happy real estate utilizing NCO. with Ben W over the top and a deep ball respecting defense Hardesty/Hillis can seriously gash any defense out there...not to mention those guys can all haul in wounded lobs as good as anyone in the league...not since webster slaughter have we had a legit #1 w consistent hands w awesome body control and great field awareness. K2 and BE had some traits, missing others.

i'm willing to bet Randy and TO would both happily step out of bounds for us, supplied be quick chain moving chip shot 1st downs...all year long...to the tune of about 1K yards a piece, while the rookie gets about five benjamins himself.

crazier things have happened.

The only way it would makes sense is if he signed a contract like bobby engram did last year and competed for a spot. Which he obviously won't.

Let's face it we have to get better at wr. If we had any good wrs last year we would have won 3 or 4 more games. All our wrs are number 3s. They are slow. All I keep hearing is we won't be very active in free agency. I don't think you can count on a rookie to make a huge impact. I hope we at least sign a veteren wr.

I'm not so sure WR is such a huge position of need. The system last year wasn't what I would call WR friednly and WR's often need a few years to adjust and truly come into their own. We saw flashes of Robiskie looking like a quality NFL WR towards the end of last season.

This team needs D Linemen. D linemen and more D linemen. The cupboard is completely bare. I'd draft a D linemen in the first two rounds and hopefully sign a couple. Justin Bannan is one I'd look at in FA. Also Mike Patterson from the Eagles.

Does anyone else think it's weird that the Browns are one of the teams he mentioned he'd like to play for? What connection does Moss have with our team?

One of the few teams left he hasn't burned a bridge with and has no ties with.

plus randy and his agent probably sat down and figured out what teams have a need at wr.

Moss has been his own worst enemy throughout his playing career. His f ups in high school kept him out of Nortre Dame and cost him his full ride at Fla State.

His attitude cost him professionaly at Minny, OAK, NE and Tenn. To his credit, however, he has responded on the field after facing his self-inflicted adversities. In college he

had big numbers at Marshall that earned him all-american honors. His first stint with the vikes resulted in him being named rookie of the year and he had several all pro

seasons. Oakland had bad attidude written all over it from day one. He redeemed himself for a few seasons at NE before the wheels came off. And last year back at

Minny and Tenn were classic Moss f ups. Say what you will about his anti social tendencies, he HAS been a come-from-behind-guy his entire football playing career

and his future HOF numbers back this up. I gotta believe he has the juice to put up some decent numbers in the twilight of his playing career. I'd love to see the Browns

give him the opportunity, baggage and all.

http://http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MossRa00.htm

Can anyone spell A-N-D-R-E- R-I-S-O-N...

you can find it in the dictionary under "the beginning of the end...."

Andre Rison was never the receiver that Moss is. Plus, Rison was supposed to be a FA at the peak of his career when the Browns vastly overpaid for him causing Modell to go into debt over his acquisition. Modell was desperate.

Here, it is Moss who is desperate, and I doubt that the Browns or anyone else will be willing to vastly overpay for him.

Nevertheless....in the between the ears category, he and Bad Moon might be an apt analogy.

I still refuse to believe that someone 3 years removed from having the greatest WR year ever can't put up decent numbers. Pending on his price, I wouldnt mind the Browns taking a shot on him.

He's probably the most talented and physically gifted WR ever. Too bad his attitude was his heel

Does anyone else think it's weird that the Browns are one of the teams he mentioned he'd like to play for? What connection does Moss have with our team?

Honestly i think its his roots, he is from W.VA and where he grew up most people there root for the Cleveland Browns believe it or not...I also have a few people i know who grew up there that are good friends with both Randy and Jason Williams (Former NBA Point Guard),they can be very hard headed and stubborn but the most important thing to them is loyalty and respect..I Believe the Patriots at once gave it to him thats why he was so succesful there,but people have a right to there own opions...

I can say that it may be a terrible move for Cleveland to sign him but if you gave him the right amount of Respect from a fanbase and organzation,(something Cleveland is known for) then it may actually be able to work..You are talking about arugably the greatest WR any of us may ever see outside of Jerry Rice,Moss has better Highlight material but not as great of a career thus far..But on talent alone he may stand alone,so all in all would i give it a chance, yeah if they circumstances were right..We are desperate for a Reciever

Archived