THE BROWNS BOARD

2009 Breakouts

WPB Dawg Fan

In an article about the players likely to break out in 2009....Jerome Harrison gets the nod for the AFC North:

2009 Breakouts

AFC North

Jerome Harrison, RB, Cleveland Browns: Harrison has too much speed for the Browns' next coach to ignore. It’s fairly obvious that a guy is a home run hitter when he averages 7.2 yards per carry, as Harrison did this season. He had trouble staying healthy at the end of the year, or his numbers would have been better. Harrison may not be the type of back that will go out and get 1,000 yards, but he could do things similar to what Leon Washington did in New York this season.

Something we have been calling for since the beginning of the season!!!

I personally believe that Jerome can be our every down back. The NFL is litered with guys his size, and he has the speed and the vision to get it done.

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Lewis, but only in a Bettis type role (short yardage, goaline).

Add one more RB in the late rounds of the draft and we would be set there.

Seriously how many games did Harrison get only 4 or 5 carries tops?

Giving him the ball 20+ times a game would definitely improve his production.

Hopefully if McDaniels is the next HC he will recognize his talents and utilize him moreso than fatso

If we use Lewis like a Bettis Lewis will have to put on about another 80 lbs.

Maybe we could get Tebow as a FB?

I personally believe that Jerome can be our every down back. The NFL is litered with guys his size, and he has the speed and the vision to get it done.

I like Harrison but I don't think he's an every down back. He only had 2 carries per game this year and I would like to see 8-10 carries per game from him. The reason I don't think he's an every down back is that he doesn't pound it inside. (Not that Jamal did either, but I see plenty of RBs who aren't afraid of hitting a LB)

First off I want to congratulate you on a post without mentioning your disdain for quinn and keeping it to just football. It's been quite some time.

I've seen Harrison take it up the middle, and to be honest though we're not sure what he can do with a full workload. I'm willing to bet he'd be able to take it wherever we need him to take it.

I like Harrison too Spec ,But I question his ability to stay healthy as an every down back and It still does not excuse us from drating a good back if we can...

Harrison is good, no doubt about that, but he has been injured two-three times his season, this worries me that he might be injury prone. Also, his production really slowed down in the last few games this year, even tough he only got like 3 carries, he was tackled for a loss multiple times. I think he cn be an every down back, but I think we would need to work him into it. Also, befoe we start him, we need to draft a worthy run blocking RT to replace Tucker, because Tucker IMO is our best lineman but he is geting up there, and he's been injured, we need a true snow plow at RT, then start harrison.

he's perfect for a RBBC with someone like shonn greene, a real bruiser. give each about 10-15 carries a game depending on whether we're ahead or not and make the defense account for the vastly different things a bruiser and a speed back can do.

i don't think harrison can handle a feature back workload, but that's becoming less the standard model.

First, can being injury prone, be due to the fact that the guy isn't getting playing time? If your not staying loose, you tighten and tend to hurt things.

Second. Why can't he get 1000 yards? That guy has speed and hits holes hard and fast, and when outside, he is even more dangerous.

Third, just give him the ball. He did enough this year to warrant 20 carries a game in my opinion or more. He deserves the chance.

Archived