THE BROWNS BOARD

Breakfast with Cal Ripken

ATENEARS

I signed our group of youth travel coaches up for an all-day seminar on Saturday with Cal & Billy Ripken. I later was called by a Ripken representative and asked if I'd sit in on a VIP breakfast with Cal & Billy prior to the seminar. I'll be sharing an omlet with the Hall-of-Famer on Saturday morning ... should be interesting.

So how did it go??

It went good. Let's put it this way, I didn't learn a whole heck of a lot, but it was reassuring to know that my coaching is very similar to Cal & Bills. I picked up a few decent tips though.

It went good. Let's put it this way, I didn't learn a whole heck of a lot, but it was reassuring to know that my coaching is very similar to Cal & Bills. I picked up a few decent tips though.

Cool man. You know, there aren't many secrets to baseball. If you can pick up a pointer or two from every person who knows the game, you have learned much.

You should had Billy sign a bat with "Fook Face" on the bottom. One of the most coveted cards when I was a kid.

Archived