THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn, Thomas thinking positively

Mr. T

Quinn, Thomas thinking positively

Steve King, Staff Writer

When quarterback Brady Quinn and left tackle Joe Thomas met with the media on Monday, just hours after owner Randy Lerner announced that the team had made a change at both the general manager and head coach positions, the two said they see more positives than negatives in the moves.

"A lot of people tend to look at change in a negative way," Quinn said."But all the encounters I've had with change have been in a positive manner. I've been through coaching changes in high school, in college and now the NFL. It allows people to start anew."

"This has been a crazy year for us as players, the coaches and the organization," said Thomas. "Starting with the injuries, it just seemed like every bit of adversity that could possibly happen, happened to us throughout the season.

"It was just like one thing after another. It's been a tough season."

Added Quinn, "We faced some unusual circumstances and we did our best to battle through them, but in the end, things just didn't work out in our favor. This is one of the most unlucky years I've ever seen, or ever been a part of, in football."

"These decisions came down to wins and losses," Thomas said. "In the business of football, that's what everything comes down to. It's, ‘How many games did you win, and how many did you lose?' And if you didn't win enough to measure up to whatever standard there was, then you're not going to be here next year."

It's something the players simply have to deal with.

"The guy who drafted you and signed you is no longer here," Quinn said. "The coach who gave you the opportunity to play, and who you've been working with for the past two years, is no longer here.

"It's a little bit of a tough transition, but something we've all experienced at one point or another in our playing career."

As Quinn said, however, change can be good - if you just give it a chance.

"Whoever they might bring in as coach, I feel confident in my ability to adapt," said Quinn. "The biggest thing for the fans is to continue to stay optimistic about the team," he said. "I think there's a lot of pessimism sometimes, especially when coaching changes are made.

"But there have been examples of teams that have made coaching changes, such as the Atlanta Falcons, where young guys and new faces have come in and had success right away."

Some have a problem with players acting in the roll as a spokesman for the team. I feel it shows unity within the organization and shows the fans that the players want to play in Cleveland and are willing to do whatever they can to help out.

I am sure Lerner didnt want it that way but to satisfy Savage he had to let go of Collins and never replaced him.

Live and Learn. the ownership of an NFL franchise is still new to Randy.

OK it looks like we have a QB and one O-lineman, Thats a start!

BTW these two being "stuck up there in front of the world like that could have been a real mess but it turned out ok and hopefully Joe will work harder this off season to keep his wing-man safe (maybe in the locker room too!)

Here are some questions I am dealing with...

Will we keep Stallworth because of the contract?

Anderson as back up one more year or trade for a 4th rounder?

Winslow... will he ever be the same? should we trade him?

Edwards...will he come around or do we trade him for a pick or in FA?

Jo J....Let us pray that hard work and determination will bring him back

Will we stay in the 3-4 or scrap it? (I say scrap it)

Do we have time to groom 2 more rookie LBs?

Just some thoughts and I did not even bring up the GM/HC issues....Damn....I am going to drink from now till April and then see what the draft brings after that I might just start shooting smack :blink:

This just further proves that Quinn is our guy, he's gonna be good, really good

What proved what?

Quinn could jump around and scream like a baboon and then shit his pants on camera and people would say that he's amazing.

What this really proved is that the people who REALLY made the QB switch also don't have the nuts to do a press conference about any of this upheaval.

Live and Learn. the ownership of an NFL franchise is still new to Randy.

Thats exactly why he has no right owning an nfl team..let alone the browns.

I just get this sinking feeling that the only thing thats going to change is the names until the people of cleveland and browns fans abroad unite to rid our browns of this franchise ruining menace...

I dont know if he realizes it or not but its his management style that clashes with lifelong browns fans in a time to where most of us would agree that modell was a far better owner than lerner will ever be is a sad day..honestly i bemoaned art modell far more than lerner.. but randy has owned this team for a while now and still does not have a clue as to what browns fans expect from our team and its owner instead he wants to use an unorthadox method that has proven its a failed style..

Lum I may be wrong or did you miss the point?

The Browns are setting the Tone for next year,

They ran out the leaders of the team so it will not be questioned when the

new coaching staff and players show back up.

A lot of pressure being put on Quinn to perform at a high level on the field and off.

Just my two cents! Hammer Down!

Go Colts

Joe

Indiana

What proved what?

Quinn could jump around and scream like a baboon and then shit his pants on camera and people would say that he's amazing.

What this really proved is that the people who REALLY made the QB switch also don't have the nuts to do a press conference about any of this upheaval.

Quinn could bend you over and drive you home and everyone would cheer!

OK it looks like we have a QB and one O-lineman, Thats a start!

BTW these two being "stuck up there in front of the world like that could have been a real mess but it turned out ok and hopefully Joe will work harder this off season to keep his wing-man safe (maybe in the locker room too!)

Here are some questions I am dealing with...

Will we keep Stallworth because of the contract?

Anderson as back up one more year or trade for a 4th rounder?

Winslow... will he ever be the same? should we trade him?

Edwards...will he come around or do we trade him for a pick or in FA?

Jo J....Let us pray that hard work and determination will bring him back

Will we stay in the 3-4 or scrap it? (I say scrap it)

Do we have time to groom 2 more rookie LBs?

Just some thoughts and I did not even bring up the GM/HC issues....Damn....I am going to drink from now till April and then see what the draft brings after that I might just start shooting smack :blink:

I started the drinking heavy back in August. For some reason I knew this was going to be a hell of a season one way or another, but I didnt have much faith in Crennels decision to put Tucker in as DC. That to me was the nail in the coffin before we began.

What proved what?

Hey asshole...apparently "THE OWNER OF THE BROWNS" knows who his starting QB is...And I can tell you it is not Derelekt Anderception...

You are as dense as they come...but hey keep the moronic posts comming...I love watching a dumb monkey fuk like you hang himself

This is what "THE OWNER OF THE BROWNS" said about QBs, knickers.

“That’s up to whoever comes in,” he said “Competition brings out the best, regardless of the situation

You dont trot a guy out there as the face of your organization and not know hes your starter...just because Lerner said That’s up to whoever comes in" Doesnt mean a goddamn thing...But hey...when Sewage and Derelekt wind up together You can root for them...bye bye moron....

Derek Anderson could throw three interceptions, two for touchdowns; complete 37.8% of his passes for 125 total yards and 3.4 yards per attempt, get sacked four times and post a 22.9 QB rating and there would still be assholes on the Browns Board defending his play and thinking he is the future at QB.

wait. that actually happened.

Archived