THE BROWNS BOARD

Odds of winning the 2011 season Super Bowl

The Gipper

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a kid. I'll be 29 in September. Kathy didn't own anything. She just looked like a self righteous hypocrite and either very naive or completely delusional. Peyton Hillis is a nice running back but he's not the athlete Mendenhall is, he doesn't have the feet or the speed. He also doesn't have the vision and Mendenhall is a very good receiver. We just don't throw to our half backs much. I'm also not here to "get under peoples skin" even though I do that's never been my intent. What I speak is my opinion and I came to this board years ago for division news and some healthy debate. I actually got it from a few and grew to really appreciate their perspective. Alo for example always had great and very informative posts, sadly he no longer frequents this board and for good reason. It's become increasingly ridiculous, not because of the "steeler trolls" but rather the constantly over the top and obnoxious Browns masses. Now for a brief aside. There is a spell check on this message board. It does it automatically. How the HELL do you butcher that many words and still follow through with the post? All it does is diminish your already weak existence on this message board. I was born from a long line of Steeler diehards so while I didn't watch the Steelers in the 70's I was certainly told plenty and went back and watched all the old games, read the books and live and breath Steeler football to this day. I don't need your approval or your weak attempts at criticism. You really aren't worth the effort but boredom does on occasion get the best of me and you're a damn moron. I had to reply.

29...that explains it...no matter what you say...or how you spin it..you will alwqays be the moron here...I dont have to prove that because you already do that yourself...I paid My dues in life I dont need to prove a goodamn thing to a punk kid like you...I dont care what you say...Hillis is twice the back Menden poop is...you can wear blinders if you like...I saw Csonka and Kelly I didnt have to read books and have ppl tell Me...thats the differance between you and I

I'm not a kid. I'll be 29 in September. Kathy didn't own anything. She just looked like a self righteous hypocrite and either very naive or completely delusional. Peyton Hillis is a nice running back but he's not the athlete Mendenhall is, he doesn't have the feet or the speed. He also doesn't have the vision and Mendenhall is a very good receiver. We just don't throw to our half backs much. I'm also not here to "get under peoples skin" even though I do that's never been my intent. What I speak is my opinion and I came to this board years ago for division news and some healthy debate. I actually got it from a few and grew to really appreciate their perspective. Alo for example always had great and very informative posts, sadly he no longer frequents this board and for good reason. It's become increasingly ridiculous, not because of the "steeler trolls" but rather the constantly over the top and obnoxious Browns masses. Now for a brief aside. There is a spell check on this message board. It does it automatically. How the HELL do you butcher that many words and still follow through with the post? All it does is diminish your already weak existence on this message board. I was born from a long line of Steeler diehards so while I didn't watch the Steelers in the 70's I was certainly told plenty and went back and watched all the old games, read the books and live and breath Steeler football to this day. I don't need your approval or your weak attempts at criticism. You really aren't worth the effort but boredom does on occasion get the best of me and you're a damn moron. I had to reply.

29...that explains it...no matter what you say...or how you spin it..you will alwqays be the moron here...I dont have to prove that because you already do that yourself...I paid My dues in life I dont need to prove a goodamn thing to a punk kid like you...I dont care what you say...Hillis is twice the back Menden poop is...you can wear blinders if you like...I saw Csonka and Kelly I didnt have to read books and have ppl tell Me...thats the differance between you and I

29...that explains it...no matter what you say...or how you spin it..you will always be the moron here...I dont have to prove that because you already do that yourself...I paid My dues in life I dont need to prove a goodamn thing to a punk kid like you...I dont care what you say...Hillis is twice the back Mendenpoop is...you can wear blinders if you like...I saw Csonka and Kelly,I didnt have to read books and have people tell Me how good they were...thats the differance between you and I

Attn Mods: Can this weasel piss Mo'Fo...he adds nothing but rhetorical BS on this Forum.

I do like Peyton Hillis and Ward for that matter but Ward is no where near as cerebral and Hillis IS NOT Rashard Mendenhall. Hillis is a bruiser back. His feet are no where close, his speed no where close. His vision no where close. His catching no where close. Hell his blocking isn't even as good. Mendenhall is a tremendous tailback and will only get better. Hillis was running through bus lanes. Mendenhall was making his lanes. The Browns base just better hope we don't draft a top tier guard. See Mike Pouncey because then he will have the holes and you're defenders will be "hanging on" and taking a ride.

I didn't see mendenhomo on the top 5 list.... what gives?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/608546-...0-season/page/2

I didn't see mendenhomo on the top 5 list.... what gives?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/608546-...0-season/page/2

I like Peyton Hillis and I've said that plenty before. However I can find several links that list Mendenhall inside the top 10 and leading in to the season he was always on the list for top 10 backs in the league. Since the Super Bowl loss I've been focused heavily on the draft and the lock out process so I'm not scouring the various news sources for "top 10 lists". I just know that Mendenhall's situation from a running stand point is less favorable and Bruce Arians our offensive coordinator is a detriment to the run game. It's one of the reasons he's so staunchly disliked. The left side of the Cleveland line is better and Vickers one of the best FB's in the game is usually leading the way. Bruce Arians doesn't believe in using a FB in our offense and we still don't have a true FB on the roster. I like Hillis. I just don't believe he's as good as Mendenhall and I'm not alone. Arians runs a very predictable rushing attack and Mendenhall still got it done.

Mendenhall > Hillis (my opinion obviously)

I like Peyton Hillis and I've said that plenty before. However I can find several links that list Mendenhall inside the top 10 and leading in to the season he was always on the list for top 10 backs in the league. Since the Super Bowl loss I've been focused heavily on the draft and the lock out process so I'm not scouring the various news sources for "top 10 lists". I just know that Mendenhall's situation from a running stand point is less favorable and Bruce Arians our offensive coordinator is a detriment to the run game. It's one of the reasons he's so staunchly disliked. The left side of the Cleveland line is better and Vickers one of the best FB's in the game is usually leading the way. Bruce Arians doesn't believe in using a FB in our offense and we still don't have a true FB on the roster. I like Hillis. I just don't believe he's as good as Mendenhall and I'm not alone. Arians runs a very predictable rushing attack and Mendenhall still got it done.

Mendenhall > Hillis (my opinion obviously)

You're a fool...You really are a fool...but your right and ALL of us are wrong...wtg Sherlock...lmafaooo...You brouht stupidity to a new low...I congratulate you...Atleast your good at something.

You're a fool...You really are a fool...but your right and ALL of us are wrong...wtg Sherlock...lmafaooo...You brouht stupidity to a new low...I congratulate you...Atleast your good at something.

Typical mouth breather response.

Gipper why are you wasting your time here?

A. You know I'm not going to agree with you...That is because you insist on having your head stuck up your ass and not looking at the facts

B. How many first rounders do you have on your offensive line? and Steinbech is certainly no slouch. Now go to our o-line and look how many first rounds we have and then report back.

If that part of our team was so great, then why didn't the Browns, and not the Steelers make the SB? Yes, because of their defense

Hillis had school bus sized holes on several occasions in each and every game played. Mendenhall is a worlds better RB and will prove that are our o-line improves. I can't believe anyone is even making the comparison. It's hilarious. Take the Brown and Orange glasses off.

I will go with the facts, and not your subjective feelings on the matter. You can't believe it only because you don't want to believe it, but Hillis is every bit the RB that Mendenhall is, and better in certain areas.

The FACTS show that. They show that he has a much better ypc average, that he gained nearly as many yards on quite a few fewer carries, that he scored just as many TDs, and that he tripled Mendenhall's receptions practically.

Those are the facts. To say that he only gained those yards because his offensive line is so good is ludicrous. Every RB gets yards because of the blocking of their O line. If Mendenhall hadn't had decent blocking as well, he would have been splattered behind the line of scrimmage on every play and wouldn't have gained 500 yards all year.

Hillis is every bit the back that the other guy is. And the evidence and the facts show it.

I have had to hear many cases in my career, and I can only go by the facts and the objective criteria in front of me.

Anyone seeing the evidence.....and that can include the highlight films, would agree with me, and not you, because bias and prejudice have no place in a neutral arbitration.

Fair enough. I know I'm in hostile territory. It's something I've never denied and I expect to be hated/infamous whatever. However what I do know is that Peyton Hillis is in no way, shape or form a better HB than Rashard Mendenhall and you won't find a person outside of Cleveland that will agree. The same can be said for the Miller vs Watson debacle.

I'll bet you $100.00 that you will find most people outside of Cleveland (and Pisstown) that indeed do agree.

I'm not a kid. I'll be 29 in September.

Trust me, that is being a kid.

Kathy didn't own anything. Yes, she did.

She just looked like a self righteous hypocrite and either very naive or completely delusional. She smoked you like a sausage is what she did.

Peyton Hillis is a nice running back but he's not the athlete Mendenhall is. Right, he is better.

he doesn't have the feet or the speed. Actually, he does. The highlights clearly show that. Who else can leap tall buildings with a single bound, and except for the fastest DBs no one catches him from behind. Mendenhall may be slightly faster. "May be" being the operative term.

He also doesn't have the vision and Mendenhall is a very good receiver. He has better vision and better receiving skills than Mendenhall. Again, the highlight films demonstrate that.

We just don't throw to our half backs much. Yea, because they are not as good as Hillis at catching the ball. If he was as good, they would throw to him.

I'm also not here to "get under peoples skin" even though I do that's never been my intent. What I speak is my opinion and I came to this board years ago for division news and some healthy debate. I actually got it from a few and grew to really appreciate their perspective.

Right, all you have is your opinion. And it is clearly a biased opinion because certainly there are no facts to support it.

Alo for example always had great and very informative posts, sadly he no longer frequents this board and for good reason. It's become increasingly ridiculous, not because of the "steeler trolls" but rather the constantly over the top and obnoxious Browns masses.

Perhaps we don't suffer fools gladly. If you would quit playing the fool, then perhaps you would not have people going "over the top" on you. Trust me, you invite everything that comes your way.

Now for a brief aside. There is a spell check on this message board. It does it automatically. How the HELL do you butcher that many words and still follow through with the post? All it does is diminish your already weak existence on this message board. I was born from a long line of Steeler diehards so while I didn't watch the Steelers in the 70's I was certainly told plenty and went back and watched all the old games, read the books and live and breath Steeler football to this day. I don't need your approval or your weak attempts at criticism. You really aren't worth the effort but boredom does on occasion get the best of me and you're a damn moron. I had to reply.

Get a room.

Since the Super Bowl loss I've been focused heavily on the draft and the lock out process

You know you don't actually work for the Steelers, right?

You're a Steeler fan on a Browns board talking out of your ass ... and not well, I might add.

Zombo

You're a Steeler fan on a Browns board talking out of your ass ... and not well, I might add.

Zombo

Because I disagree with most on the board I'm talking out of my ass?

1. Pittsburgh has never thrown much to their HB's

2. Pittsburgh stopped using a full back when Arians became the offensive coordinator and the days of Dan Kreider sadly departed

3. Arians for whatever reason runs a predictable rushing attack. (Clay Matthews after the Super Bowl flat out said that on the play Mendenhall fumbled the KNEW the play was coming (A detriment to him as a coordinator and one of the reasons he's not well liked in Pittsburgh)

4. The offensive line at LT and LG is much better than what we have in Pittsburgh and the Browns have one of the better FB's in the league with Vickers.

Nothing of the above is me "talking out of my ass" and you're one of the last people on this message board that should chastise anyone for not "delivering something well" seeing as most of what you post is mindless drivel. Honestly I rarely see you post in a setting that isn't blatant "trolling" for arguments.

Now should I start posting Mendenhall highlight videos? lol

Zombo

Ummm I don't believe anyone wants a lock out and my primary Steeler board is all over the possible lockout so I read about it plenty. The season is over and the draft is two weeks away so I've been reading a lot about the draft. I didn't realize that taking a interest in the draft and the lock out meant the individual "interested" was implying he/she thought they were team personnel. Are you really this desperate for insults?

Because I disagree with most on the board I'm talking out of my ass?

1. Pittsburgh has never thrown much to their HB's

2. Pittsburgh stopped using a full back when Arians became the offensive coordinator and the days of Dan Kreider sadly departed

3. Arians for whatever reason runs a predictable rushing attack. (Clay Matthews after the Super Bowl flat out said that on the play Mendenhall fumbled the KNEW the play was coming (A detriment to him as a coordinator and one of the reasons he's not well liked in Pittsburgh)

4. The offensive line at LT and LG is much better than what we have in Pittsburgh and the Browns have one of the better FB's in the league with Vickers.

Nothing of the above is me "talking out of my ass" and you're one of the last people on this message board that should chastise anyone for not "delivering something well" seeing as most of what you post is mindless drivel. Honestly I rarely see you post in a setting that isn't blatant "trolling" for arguments.

Now should I start posting Mendenhall highlight videos? lol

Homotron,

I am flattered that it took you two separate posts to respond to my simple two-line post, however it appears you are trying to blame Bruce Arians for the perception that Mendenhall is not as good a back as Hillis ... what up with that?

First of all, I never said Mendenhall wasn't a good back ... he is. Secondly, you've been two Super Bowls with Arians as your offensive coordinator and you were 8th in rushing attempts last year (27th in passing attempts) ... so what are you crying about again ... because there isn't a fullback? Spreading out defenses has allowed the Steelers to get to two SBs ... Arians run game sets up big pass plays ... I'm just not sure why you are crying.

I think it's because you talked out your ass abut Hillis and Watson and now you feel it's your duty to stand your ground and look like an ass. Let it go. Just admit you were wrong and go home ... The Steelers need you "heavily focused" on the draft, and they might have to call you in to solve this whole lockout thing.

Zombo

Homotron,

I am flattered that it took you two separate posts to respond to my simple two-line post, however it appears you are trying to blame Bruce Arians for the perception that Mendenhall is not as good a back as Hillis ... what up with that?

First of all, I never said Mendenhall wasn't a good back ... he is. Secondly, you've been two Super Bowls with Arians as your offensive coordinator and you were 8th in rushing attempts last year (27th in passing attempts) ... so what are you crying about again ... because there isn't a fullback? Spreading out defenses has allowed the Steelers to get to two SBs ... Arians run game sets up big pass plays ... I'm just not sure why you are crying.

I think it's because you talked out your ass abut Hillis and Watson and now you feel it's your duty to stand your ground and look like an ass. Let it go. Just admit you were wrong and go home ... The Steelers need you "heavily focused" on the draft, and they might have to call you in to solve this whole lockout thing.

Zombo

I like Hillis just not as much as Mendenhall and I agree on Bruce Arians because our bunch sets and spread offense can be brilliant but he's putrid on the ground. Everyone likes to play Monday morning quarterback and Bruce Arians takes a lot of heat. I'm pretty neutral on the guy but do believe a FB, especially a good one makes a huge difference. On the fumble in the Super Bowl our H-back David Johnson completely misses a block which sets Matthews off to the races. The fumble in my opinion cost us that game. Insert a capable full back rather than a part time FB/TE combination and the play may have yielded different results. Hindsight is certainly 20/20. As far as your last portion is concerned I don't feel the need to cover anything. I don't come here for vindication contrary to popular belief and say what I say for a reason. Your last sentence is also hysterical. Who isn't focused on the draft right now and concerned with the potential lock out. Am I losing sleep over either? Absolutely not but from a football stand point it's all I've been reading on/following. Just read something on my primary Steeler board about a long mediation process today. Charlie Batch was apparently questioned after leaving the conference room and said "talks are going well" so that's encouraging. A lock out would suck huge amounts of ass.

Zombo

Let it go. Just admit you were wrong and go home ... The Steelers need you "heavily focused" on the draft, and they might have to call you in to solve this whole lockout thing.

Zombo

:lol:

this steeler troll never let's me down. i blocked these morons a long time ago becuase they say the same dumb things all of the time and never contribute anything of substance to this board. it's all a bunch of biased laced comments and the usual 10 cent insults. i don't need some moron, yellow towel waving idiot to tell me the browns aren't a good team right now. but every now and then i temporarily unblock them just to get a good laugh and they never let me down.

these holier than thou, know it all, rooney all mighty steeler trolls feed off of anger and pick on the posters who make themselves easy targets. but these steeler trolls can't handle those of us who strike back with facts and intellect.

:lol:

this steeler troll never let's me down. i blocked these morons a long time ago becuase they say the same dumb things all of the time and never contribute anything of substance to this board. it's all a bunch of biased laced comments and the usual 10 cent insults. i don't need some moron, yellow towel waving idiot to tell me the browns aren't a good team right now. but every now and then i temporarily unblock them just to get a good laugh and they never let me down.

these holier than thou, know it all, rooney all mighty steeler trolls feed off of anger and pick on the posters who make themsleves easy targets. but these steeler trolls can't handle those of us who strike back with facts and intellect.

Hilarious. Very few of you "fight back with facts and intellect" and that's a well known fact. If you did this place would be a lot more civil.

Hilarious. Very few of you "fight back with facts and intellect" and that's a well known fact. If you did this place would be a lot more civil.

Well when you come in here acting like a snob do you deserve civil treatment?......No we're not obliged to give it to you...this is our house...not yours...accept and conform to it...or better yet...do the smart thing and save yourself the headache and leave...But we all know you wont do that because as you have proved over and over your nothing but a overbloated prick that tries so hard to make everyone think your "oh so smart" when in fact your 'oh so dumb". Has it dawned on you yet no one here likes you or even wants you here?...Your story about being here for "news amd info" as you call it is utter BS...We know it...and you know it...And If I was a mod on this board I wouldve s*hit canned you long ago.

The fumble in my opinion cost us that game.

Really? It had nothing to do with your fathead QB throwing two interceptions and completely failing in the two-minute offense?

Zombo

--Yeah, let's the blame the H-back instead.

Really? It had nothing to do with your fathead QB throwing two interceptions and completely failing in the two-minute offense?

Zombo

--Yeah, let's the blame the H-back instead.

We had the momentum and would have had control of the game had we scored on that drive. Yes I believe that was the turning point. Let's not forget that neither int can 100% fall on ben. His throwing shoulder was clocked on the first and jarret bush made a hell of a play on the second. Ben did after all come back and throw two td's after those ints and rushed for another. The biggest momentum shift at that stage was the fumble. Nickers you've been on the soap box a lot lately and honestly I'm not sure why. I've come across as egotistical only when I'm being attacked about specific things. The one instance was intentionally over the top as a bit of a joke. I am here for those reasons. I'm also very argumentative. Don't forget I went to college in ohio and have several great friends that are browns diehards. We argued all the time so coming here is just keeping me abreast and alleviating boredom. I'm really not her to troll but I'm prideful like the rest of you so when my boys in black and gold are thrown under the bus I'm going to respond as would any of you. I just don't usually do it with a bunch of moronic insults. I would like to coexist and you are correct I'm not going anywhere. I've gotten along with plenty on this board. Some just can't get past the 3rd grade bs.

No, when we do you ignore our posts and keep slinging your bull shit opinions around as facts.

i.e. Tight End thread.

Bs and if I agreed id concede but the fact of the matter is, ben watson is the worst te in the afc north but in his defesne the north has some good tight ends. Posting highlight vids isn't going to win you a argument. If we're talking stats he's lower on the pole than miller with one more season on his belt. Everyone ignored that one.

Bs and if I agreed id concede but the fact of the matter is, ben watson is the worst te in the afc north but in his defesne the north has some good tight ends. Posting highlight vids isn't going to win you a argument. If we're talking stats he's lower on the pole than miller with one more season on his belt. Everyone ignored that one.

Watson had the best season any TE in the AFCN, but he is the worst TE in the AFCN.

Sure, that is like saying in your opinion John McCain was the best man to be President (that's not my opinion).

But the fact is John McCain did not win and is not President...and your opinion on the subject of who should be President or who is the best TE ain't worth diddley squat.

We had the momentum and would have had control of the game had we scored on that drive. Yes I believe that was the turning point. Let's not forget that neither int can 100% fall on ben. His throwing shoulder was clocked on the first and jarret bush made a hell of a play on the second. Ben did after all come back and throw two td's after those ints and rushed for another. The biggest momentum shift at that stage was the fumble. Nickers you've been on the soap box a lot lately and honestly I'm not sure why. I've come across as egotistical only when I'm being attacked about specific things. The one instance was intentionally over the top as a bit of a joke. I am here for those reasons. I'm also very argumentative. Don't forget I went to college in ohio and have several great friends that are browns diehards. We argued all the time so coming here is just keeping me abreast and alleviating boredom. I'm really not her to troll but I'm prideful like the rest of you so when my boys in black and gold are thrown under the bus I'm going to respond as would any of you. I just don't usually do it with a bunch of moronic insults. I would like to coexist and you are correct I'm not going anywhere. I've gotten along with plenty on this board. Some just can't get past the 3rd grade bs.

Uh yeah like the moronic insults you post...I get it..when you post them theyre not moronic but when everyone else does it is.......I dont care where you went to college...You're still a loser.

Uh yeah like the moronic insults you post...I get it..when you post them theyre not moronic but when everyone else does it is.......I dont care where you went to college...You're still a loser.

I may call someone a mouth breather or a moron but I only take it to that point if someone attempts to insult me. I've been here a while now. I first posted under snatch98. Id guess its been about two years or longer and over that period of time I've truthfully never felt insulted despite the hundreds of specifics efforts to do so. When I mention the insults I'm talking about a civil discussion going to a 3 ring circus because a dip sh.it with zero desire to stay on topic rolls in and calls someone a inbred etc. I'm not here to go back and forth over stupid sh.it. I'm also not here to insult. The college thing was also a joke and intentionally over the top. Apparently it really struck a chord with you because you won't let it go. Id love to move on but I doubt it ever happens.

The Browns are 4-20 against the Steelers since their rebirth into the NFL in 1999.

The Browns have met the Steelers twice in the playoffs in the history of the NFL and have lost both games to the Steelers.

These are the facts not lies.

Slurp I am old enough to remember when the steelers were homecoming games so the browns could get 40 points yet that is a distant memory as the steelers

draft well, have smart Gms, top coaches, keep their talent and play the same hard nosed physical football every year.

I have seen the browns trot out rookie gms who never did the job, rookie head coaches or failed fromer coaches , draft horribly,

coach horribly, and watch them beaten like a division 2 team.

Finally heckert ended the hot streak of stupid that went from Clark to Garcia to Opie to Kokinis.

Yet Shurmer seems to fit right in with such luminaries as Palmer to Davis to Crennel to Mangini to Shurmer, all rookie HCs and one a shotgun wedding to a guy freshly shoved out the door in NY.

Shurmer has no head coach experience and was a mediocre OC.

We go from Ryan, who performed defensive alchemy with so little talent to "by the book" Jauron who promises a new scheme on a team desperately thin at Dline and we cut our best player

(Rogers).

It is 1999 again folks, unless Shurmer pulls a blanton Collier and heckert has the most amazing draft of his career, and we draft a lawrence taylor on defense.

I just see it getting REALLY Really ugly next year.

Archived