THE BROWNS BOARD

Odds of winning the 2011 season Super Bowl

The Gipper

Regardless of your motives, you and your own group of mouth-breathers continually degrading every single on of our posts, makes me read this board less and less. Congrats I guess. How's the SB loss feeling?

And Heath Miller being the best TE in the game is COMICAL. Dallas Clark, Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, Zach Miller, Dustin Keller, Kellen Winslow, Visanthe Schiancoe, etc. I would take all of them in a heartbeat over Miller. Your homer blinders are just as bad as anyone else you ridicule for the same thing.

First off try reading. I never said he's the best TE in the game. I said he's ONE OF THE BEST and easily the most complete TE in the game. As far as the former is concerned please find somewhere on this message board where I've blatantly degraded anything that wasn't previously provoked. I'd say it's the other way around and it's those posts that start the drama. If you're looking to place blame, place it on some of your own, yourself included for starting the almost routine sh.it storm on this message board. I came here to play nice a few years ago and have played nice plenty of times. Unfortunately there really are mouth breathers in the Brown and Orange that continually make threads something that they aren't or shouldn't be. Once again read you xxxxing idiot. I also think that it's HILARIOUS that you included Dustin Keller, Kellen Winslow and Shiancoe as being above Miller. Just a FYI TE's are supposed to be able to block and CATCH the ball. A lot of TE's in the league don't do both but guess who DOES!?!??!?!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know where you are coming from but this really isn't very true in today's NFL.

Of course it is, there are just a lot of TE's in the NFL that don't block or can't block. Every TE in the league is asked to block at one time or another so while I agree that it isn't very true. It does place a premium on TE's that can get open and catch passes and block when they're asked too.

The Super Bowl loss is not a big deal to Steeler Nation. We are 6-2 in Super Bowl games and our team made it to the biggest game on earth again. The Browns have never been good enough to even set foot on the field that we regularly show up in and win not to mention getting your asses handed to you year after year by the Steelers.

Maybe the NFL should never have invited the Browns to join the NFL. I would vote for the Lions and Browns to be kicked out of the NFL for poor performance and being a waste of space.

Seriously, ban this xxxxing in bread dipshit. He adds nothing to any conversations.

First off try reading. I never said he's the best TE in the game. I said he's ONE OF THE BEST and easily the most complete TE in the game. As far as the former is concerned please find somewhere on this message board where I've blatantly degraded anything that wasn't previously provoked. I'd say it's the other way around and it's those posts that start the drama. If you're looking to place blame, place it on some of your own, yourself included for starting the almost routine sh.it storm on this message board. I came here to play nice a few years ago and have played nice plenty of times. Unfortunately there really are mouth breathers in the Brown and Orange that continually make threads something that they aren't or shouldn't be. Once again read you xxxxing idiot. I also think that it's HILARIOUS that you included Dustin Keller, Kellen Winslow and Shiancoe as being above Miller. Just a FYI TE's are supposed to be able to block and CATCH the ball. A lot of TE's in the league don't do both but guess who DOES!?!??!?!

A guy on another thread stated that in the last 10 pages of this board there were maybe 2 threads that could be called "Steeler Hate threads".

And look at the title of this thread....that I started. It was about the odds that Vegas gave to every team to win the Super Bowl.

And just how did that subject matter degrade into another Steeler troll inferiority complex rant?

Because you and your ilk cannot stand a little honest criticism of your team, you can't stand that not everyoned doesn't suck steeler dick, you can't stand that anyone would disparage any player on that team. Is it because Vegas only listed them as 8-1 and not the favorite? That is paranoia, or worse.

You cannot stand that someone might actually have the opinion say that Heath Miller is in fact the 4th best TE in the AFCN.

A perfectly plausible viewpoint that Todd Heap, Ben Watson, and the Gresham kid from Cinci are all better than Miller is to you a call to arms to battle evil dragons.

And you know what.....it IS a perfectly plausible viewpoint that Heap, Watson, and Gresham are all better than Miller.

Now choke on that.

If you don't like that opinion, so what? Cry to your momma. She is the only one you are going to get any sympathy from.

Heres a sobering factoid for Homotard: Miller replaced someone because he wasnt good enough to get voted in....It was his first trip and first Stooler tight end in the Pro Bowl since Eric Green...LOL!

http://www.steelersgab.com/2010/01/26/te-h...n-the-pro-bowl/

TE Heath Miller Taking Colts Dallas Clark’s Place in the Pro Bowl

January 26th, 2010 Matt Loede Posted in News

Heath Miller will be a Pro Bowl TE for the first time as he’ll take the spot of Colts TE Dallas Clark this Sunday:

Steelers tight end Heath Miller will be named to his first Pro Bowl, replacing the Indianapolis Colts’ Dallas Clark, the Steelers announced Sunday. Clark, who led AFC tight ends in the voting, must forfeit his spot in the Pro Bowl because the Colts will be in Super Bowl XLIV. Miller, the Steelers’ first-round draft choice in 2005, will be the team’s first tight end to play in the Pro Bowl since Eric Green in 1994 and only the fourth in franchise history, joining Elbie Nickel (three berths) and Preston Carpenter.

A guy on another thread stated that in the last 10 pages of this board there were maybe 2 threads that could be called "Steeler Hate threads".

And look at the title of this thread....that I started. It was about the odds that Vegas gave to every team to win the Super Bowl.

And just how did that subject matter degrade into another Steeler troll inferiority complex rant?

Because you and your ilk cannot stand a little honest criticism of your team, you can't stand that not everyoned doesn't suck steeler dick, you can't stand that anyone would disparage any player on that team. Is it because Vegas only listed them as 8-1 and not the favorite? That is paranoia, or worse.

You cannot stand that someone might actually have the opinion say that Heath Miller is in fact the 4th best TE in the AFCN.

A perfectly plausible viewpoint that Todd Heap, Ben Watson, and the Gresham kid from Cinci are all better than Miller is to you a call to arms to battle evil dragons.

And you know what.....it IS a perfectly plausible viewpoint that Heap, Watson, and Gresham are all better than Miller.

Now choke on that.

If you don't like that opinion, so what? Cry to your momma. She is the only one you are going to get any sympathy from.

Who said anything about sympathy? I sure as hell didn't nor have I ever asked for it. I also didn't turn this thread in to anything nor do I feel I should be aligned with some of the more obvious Steeler trolls. Ben Watson is the 4th best TE in the division. Period. His numbers were inflated this season because he was the ONLY decent passing option for a ROOKIE QB.

Heres a sobering factoid for Homotard: Miller replaced someone because he wasnt good enough to get voted in....It was his first trip and first Stooler tight end in the Pro Bowl since Eric Green...LOL!

http://www.steelersgab.com/2010/01/26/te-h...n-the-pro-bowl/

TE Heath Miller Taking Colts Dallas Clark’s Place in the Pro Bowl

January 26th, 2010 Matt Loede Posted in News

Heath Miller will be a Pro Bowl TE for the first time as he’ll take the spot of Colts TE Dallas Clark this Sunday:

Steelers tight end Heath Miller will be named to his first Pro Bowl, replacing the Indianapolis Colts’ Dallas Clark, the Steelers announced Sunday. Clark, who led AFC tight ends in the voting, must forfeit his spot in the Pro Bowl because the Colts will be in Super Bowl XLIV. Miller, the Steelers’ first-round draft choice in 2005, will be the team’s first tight end to play in the Pro Bowl since Eric Green in 1994 and only the fourth in franchise history, joining Elbie Nickel (three berths) and Preston Carpenter.

Hey numb nuts I've already alluded to the fact that Miller doesn't put up huge numbers because of the way our offense operates. It doesn't mean he's not capable. He's the most complete TE in the league, the Steelers just don't use TE's in the same capacity as other teams. He put up more pass heavy numbers in 09. Eric Green mentioned in this same article was the last te even used in a more pass heavy capacity. Put the guy on a TE pass heavy team and he puts up monster numbers every year. He can also block like a lineman and is easily one the highest character guys in the league. I guess you can't read. The article also shows just how few have made the pro bowl from the TE position on the Steelers. All of which directly points to my "style of offense" statement. I don't think anyone in Pittsburgh or on the Steelers cares if he makes the pro bowl. We make Super Bowls because of players like Heath Miller. You can have the Pro Bowl lol. Our guys usually don't play when nominated anyway. They have more important games to play.

Andy's usually pretty cool headed but he's right this moron has to go.

I'm not getting into it any more.

As for Homo, such a big impact TE would have been the target on 3rd and 5 and 4th and 5 if he were that big of a playmaker. Instead Big Ben threw to Mike Wallace. When its game time Miller is an after thought. Stop stroking your average TE and move on.

News to me. Ben has said on 500 occasions that Miller is his safety valve and he went to Wallace because we had 1 timeout, Miller isn't fast and Wallace has the ability to do something after the catch. Rocket science I know and you're a damn genius.

Who said anything about sympathy? I sure as hell didn't nor have I ever asked for it. I also didn't turn this thread in to anything nor do I feel I should be aligned with some of the more obvious Steeler trolls. Ben Watson is the 4th best TE in the division. Period. His numbers were inflated this season because he was the ONLY decent passing option for a ROOKIE QB.

How productive a player is determines how good he is. Ben Watson may in fact have been the most productive TE in the division.....and if so, that makes him the best.

You are basing your opinion on what you think should be the case, not what is the case.

Not only was Watson more productive than his counterparts, I think he has more innate talent than both Heap and Miller.

Gresham may have more innate talent, but, being a rookie, his production wasn't as good. But I suspect he will get there.

How productive a player is determines how good he is. Ben Watson may in fact have been the most productive TE in the division.....and if so, that makes him the best.

You are basing your opinion on what you think should be the case, not what is the case.

Not only was Watson more productive than his counterparts, I think he has more innate talent than both Heap and Miller.

Gresham may have more innate talent, but, being a rookie, his production wasn't as good. But I suspect he will get there

*sigh* Ben Watson is a Cleveland Brown for a reason. He had no where else to go. Seriously. I know that's a harsh critique but those are in FACT the facts. He had a bad case of the dropsies and a couple of down years in New England. They deemed him not productive enough even in that pass happy offense and let him walk. He was the only option in the Cleveland offense. I certainly don't think he's bad but to imply he's the best TE in the division is both hilarious and naive. I wish we could put this to the talking heads of the league because they'd laugh this argument right off the television. Ben Watson isn't better than any of the TE's in the division and wouldn't start for any of the other teams in the North.

EDIT: Just look at his career stats. He had one pass happy year in New England. He doesn't and really can't block and has had issues with dropping the ball in the past. Put Heath Miller, Heap or Gresham on the Browns and they're going to put up huge numbers but Miller can actually block and despite what was posted in this thread is not injury prone. I want a complete TE on my team and Heath Miller is one of the very few complete tight ends in the NFL.

And here is a more Non-fantasy football ranking.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05...he-top-10-list/

ANNNNNND

If we're talking numbers just for the sake of argument Heath Miller has 400 more career receiving yards and 6 more TD's and that's with one less season on the field.

Miller can actually block and despite what was posted in this thread is not injury prone.

Not yet. However those concussions are going to start catching up to him. He may be done in three years if he keeps getting his bell rung like he did this year.

Not yet. However those concussions are going to start catching up to him. He may be done in three years if he keeps getting his bell rung like he did this year.

Agreed but none of his concussions have been severe and I posted a edit above for the "numbers guys"

400 more receiving yards, 6 more TD's and one less season than Watson and he's one of, if not THE best blocking TE in the NFL.

*sigh* Ben Watson is a Cleveland Brown for a reason. He had no where else to go. Seriously. I know that's a harsh critique but those are in FACT the facts. He had a bad case of the dropsies and a couple of down years in New England. They deemed him not productive enough even in that pass happy offense and let him walk.

Who gives a shit how or why they got him. They got him, and he turned out to be the best TE in the AFCN. Like I said on the other thread, maybe the problem was his fit in the system, not him

He was the only option in the Cleveland offense. I certainly don't think he's bad but to imply he's the best TE in the division is both hilarious and naive. I wish we could put this to the talking heads of the league because they'd laugh this argument right off the television. Ben Watson isn't better than any of the TE's in the division and wouldn't start for any of the other teams in the North.

He had a better year than any of the other TEs in the division. And yes, sure, I would be glad to see the so called experts debate it.

EDIT: Just look at his career stats. He had one pass happy year in New England. He doesn't and really can't block and has had issues with dropping the ball in the past. Put Heath Miller, Heap or Gresham on the Browns and they're going to put up huge numbers but Miller can actually block and despite what was posted in this thread is not injury prone. I want a complete TE on my team and Heath Miller is one of the very few complete tight ends in the NFL.

And here is a more Non-fantasy football ranking.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05...he-top-10-list/

ANNNNNND

If we're talking numbers just for the sake of argument Heath Miller has 400 more career receiving yards and 6 more TD's and that's with one less season on the field.

What this shows with his big year in New England and his big year with the Browns is that he is perfectly capable of performing at a high level, and that he may just not have been with the right system there.

The statistics show that for 2010 he was the most productive TE in the AFCN. That even as the main target in the Browns passing attack he was able to excel with maybe even a lot of double teams on him

Here is some other bloggers view of the best TEs:

1. Vernon Davis vs Sea

2. Jason Witten vs Phi

3. Kellen Winslow at Was

4. Antonio Gates vs KC

5. Tony Gonzalez at Car

6. Jacob Tamme at Ten

7. Brent Celek at Dal

8. Greg Olsen vs NE

9. Chris Cooley vs TB

10. Kevin Boss at Min

11. Rob Gronkowski at Chi

12. Visanthe Shiancoe vs NYG

13. Jeremy Shockey vs StL

14. Zach Miller at Jac

15. Aaron Hernandez at Chi

16. Tony Moeaki at SD

17. Dustin Keller vs Mia

18. Brandon Pettigrew vs GB

19. John Carlson at SF

20. Marcedes Lewis vs Oak

And the link

http://football.about.com/cs/cheatsheets/a/bl_cheatTE.htm

None of the AFCN TEs appear in the top 20

Your NY Times blog also specifically states that it was a 2010 preseason poll. It was written before the 2010 season started and didn't take anything into account that happened last year. Of the two I posted, one was from a December 2010 article and the other from a preseason 2011 article.

Hey numb nuts I've already alluded to the fact that Miller doesn't put up huge numbers because of the way our offense operates. It doesn't mean he's not capable. He's the most complete TE in the league, the Steelers just don't use TE's in the same capacity as other teams. He put up more pass heavy numbers in 09. Eric Green mentioned in this same article was the last te even used in a more pass heavy capacity. Put the guy on a TE pass heavy team and he puts up monster numbers every year. He can also block like a lineman and is easily one the highest character guys in the league. I guess you can't read. The article also shows just how few have made the pro bowl from the TE position on the Steelers. All of which directly points to my "style of offense" statement. I don't think anyone in Pittsburgh or on the Steelers cares if he makes the pro bowl. We make Super Bowls because of players like Heath Miller. You can have the Pro Bowl lol. Our guys usually don't play when nominated anyway. They have more important games to play.

Oh yeah what SB did you guys win this year?...oh thats right...YOU LOST!...the fact is...NO ONE GIVES A F'UCK WHAT YOU THINK!...you havent figured that out yet..Its funny watching you try spin everythi8ng to your liking...But hey keep the laughs comming Homotard...typical kid...LOL!

Guys...no matter what, Steelers fans will say that all of their players are better than ours. They cannot accept the fact that we have better players at some positions.

Now I will admit their WR's are better and yes their D-Line and LB's are..

But some here's some amusing ones I've heard from the idiots:

Miller>Watson

Taylor>Haden

Clark>Ward

Mendenhall>Hillis

Sepulveda>Hodges

But my favorite two:

Sanders>Cribbs

Starks>Thomas

They believe that all 22 starters should be named to the pro bowl and eventually hall of fame. haha makes me laugh just listening to their stupid explanations. Homotron is just proving this...

He went to Wallace twice with the SB on the line. If Miller is a surer target then that's a no brainer right?

Must be Rocket Science to Big Gay Ben.

Face it, Heath Miller is average.

Is Mike Wallace a bum all of the sudden? Once again one time out and Miller isn't running away from anyone after the catch. Wallace can and usually does. I'd go to Wallace as well as would any QB in the same situation. If Sanders didn't break his foot early in the game he may have seen the ball before Miller as well. No timeouts means you need big chunks and teams clamp down on Miller because they know he's the sure fire target down the middle. HOWEVER Ben missed Heath Miller wide open TWICE on that final drive so it's more on Ben not seeing Miller than it is Ben choosing not to go to Miller. Apparently Ben also didn't realize we had one timeout on the final drive. Definitely some blunders with the game on the line and one of the reasons we lost.

And Nickers you mouth breathing imbecile I know the Steelers lost the Super Bowl. I'm not here claiming different but hey at least we made it to the Super Bowl in the "meltdown year" lmao. Meltdown all around. lol

Guys...no matter what, Steelers fans will say that all of their players are better than ours. They cannot accept the fact that we have better players at some positions.

Now I will admit their WR's are better and yes their D-Line and LB's are..

But some here's some amusing ones I've heard from the idiots:

Miller>Watson

Taylor>Haden

Clark>Ward

Mendenhall>Hillis

Sepulveda>Hodges

But my favorite two:

Sanders>Cribbs

Starks>Thomas

They believe that all 22 starters should be named to the pro bowl and eventually hall of fame. haha makes me laugh just listening to their stupid explanations. Homotron is just proving this...

Jesus you're kidding right? The top section is 100% correct. Cribbs isn't a good receiver, he's a great returner and athlete. The Sanders/Cribbs comparison is then debatable based on what area of the game you're drawing comparison. Sanders is a better WR but not a better returner and I'd take Joe Thomas 10 times out of 10 over Starks even though Thomas is a hold machine. I can't believe you'd even disagree with the above section homer or not. Sep is injury prone so that's a tough one but otherwise you're insane to imply anything different than what you posted above. Yet I'm the delusional one. Send that to one of the ESPN analysts that do a weekly mailbag next offseason. See what they have to say about it.

I do like Peyton Hillis and Ward for that matter but Ward is no where near as cerebral and Hillis IS NOT Rashard Mendenhall. Hillis is a bruiser back. His feet are no where close, his speed no where close. His vision no where close. His catching no where close. Hell his blocking isn't even as good. Mendenhall is a tremendous tailback and will only get better. Hillis was running through bus lanes. Mendenhall was making his lanes. The Browns base just better hope we don't draft a top tier guard. See Mike Pouncey because then he will have the holes and you're defenders will be "hanging on" and taking a ride.

I do like Peyton Hillis and Ward for that matter but Ward is no where near as cerebral and Hillis IS NOT Rashard Mendenhall. Hillis is a bruiser back. His feet are no where close, his speed no where close. His vision no where close. His catching no where close. Hell his blocking isn't even as good. Mendenhall is a tremendous tailback and will only get better. Hillis was running through bus lanes. Mendenhall was making his lanes.

Again, all seen through piss colored glasses. They have slightly different styles, but Hillis is every bit the RB that Mendenhall is if not better. Hillis showed tremendous feet and vision. I don't know about the speed. Hillis never got caught much from behind. And how the hell does someone get the reputation as a "bruiser" if all he is doing is running through bus lanes? He made his lanes.

And his catching and blocking were far better than Mendenhall. Let's just look at their stats from last year:

Hillis

277 carries

1177 yards

11 TDs

4.4 yards per carry

61 receptions

477 yards on receptions

2 TDs receiving

Mendenhall

324 carries

1273 yards

13 TDs

3.9 per carry

23 receptions

167 yards on receptions

0 TDs

The Steelers certainly had many areas on their team where their talent surpassed the Browns. Running back and Tight End were not two of those areas. (nor was the OL, but clearly WR, QB, DL, LB were. DBs probably somewhat as well, but not by that much)

I do like Peyton Hillis and Ward for that matter but Ward is no where near as cerebral and Hillis IS NOT Rashard Mendenhall. Hillis is a bruiser back. His feet are no where close, his speed no where close. His vision no where close. His catching no where close. Hell his blocking isn't even as good. Mendenhall is a tremendous tailback and will only get better. Hillis was running through bus lanes. Mendenhall was making his lanes.

Again, all seen through piss colored glasses. They have slightly different styles, but Hillis is every bit the RB that Mendenhall is if not better. Hillis showed tremendous feet and vision. I don't know about the speed. Hillis never got caught much from behind. And how the hell does someone get the reputation as a "bruiser" if all he is doing is running through bus lanes? He made his lanes.

And his catching and blocking were far better than Mendenhall. Let's just look at their stats from last year:

Hillis

277 carries

1177 yards

11 TDs

4.4 yards per carry

61 receptions

477 yards on receptions

2 TDs receiving

Mendenhall

324 carries

1273 yards

13 TDs

3.9 per carry

23 receptions

167 yards on receptions

0 TDs

The Steelers certainly had many areas on their team where their talent surpassed the Browns. Running back and Tight End were not two of those areas. (nor was the OL, but clearly WR, QB, DL, LB were. DBs probably somewhat as well, but not by that much)

Gipper why are you wasting your time here?

A. You know I'm not going to agree with you

B. How many first rounders do you have on your offensive line? and Steinbech is certainly no slouch. Now go to our o-line and look how many first rounds we have and then report back.

Hillis had school bus sized holes on several occasions in each and every game played. Mendenhall is a worlds better RB and will prove that are our o-line improves. I can't believe anyone is even making the comparison. It's hilarious. Take the Brown and Orange glasses off.

Fair enough. I know I'm in hostile territory. It's something I've never denied and I expect to be hated/infamous whatever. However what I do know is that Peyton Hillis is in no way, shape or form a better HB than Rashard Mendenhall and you won't find a person outside of Cleveland that will agree. The same can be said for the Miller vs Watson debacle.

You steeler fans are honestly the dumbest people I've ever interacted with in my entire life. Especially Homotron. Go xxxx yourself.

Mikey...dont waste time arguing with a pompouse meathead that already has it in his mind hes right no matter what evidence you provide that shows otherwise...his M.O. here is to simply get under peoples skin if he can. I mean ok Mendenhall is a nice running back but hes nowhere near on Peyton Hillis level..Peyton does it all ..and does it with speed and brute force. Peyton mauls people...Mendenhall does not. That to me is the big differance....The problem with Homotard is hes young and educated and thinks just by happenstance he knows more than anyone wich is typical of the Y generation. Homotard doesnt realize alot of us were watching football long before he was a zygote in his Mamas womb...Ive seen the LeRoy Kellys and Larry Csonkas...and Mendenpoop couldnt carry thier jock. Its hilariouse...his feathers have been ruffled since the day Kathy owned his ass on another thread...AND YES SHE OWNED YOUR ASS!!...

Mikey...dont waste time arguing with a pompouse meathead that already has it in his mind hes right no matter what evidence you provide that shows otherwise...his M.O. here is to simply get under peoples skin if he can. I mean ok Mendenhall is a nice running back but hes nowhere near on Peyton Hillis level..Peyton does it all ..and does it with speed and brute force. Peyton mauls people...Mendenhall does not. That to me is the big differance....The problem with Homotard is hes young and educated and thinks just by happenstance he knows more than anyone wich is typical of the Y generation. Homotard doesnt realize alot of us were watching football long before he was a zygote in his Mamas womb...Ive seen the LeRoy Kellys and Larry Csonkas...and Mendenpoop couldnt carry thier jock. Its hilariouse...his feathers have been ruffled since the day Kathy owned his ass on another thread...AND YES SHE OWNED YOUR ASS!!...

I'm not a kid. I'll be 29 in September. Kathy didn't own anything. She just looked like a self righteous hypocrite and either very naive or completely delusional. Peyton Hillis is a nice running back but he's not the athlete Mendenhall is, he doesn't have the feet or the speed. He also doesn't have the vision and Mendenhall is a very good receiver. We just don't throw to our half backs much. I'm also not here to "get under peoples skin" even though I do that's never been my intent. What I speak is my opinion and I came to this board years ago for division news and some healthy debate. I actually got it from a few and grew to really appreciate their perspective. Alo for example always had great and very informative posts, sadly he no longer frequents this board and for good reason. It's become increasingly ridiculous, not because of the "steeler trolls" but rather the constantly over the top and obnoxious Browns masses. Now for a brief aside. There is a spell check on this message board. It does it automatically. How the HELL do you butcher that many words and still follow through with the post? All it does is diminish your already weak existence on this message board. I was born from a long line of Steeler diehards so while I didn't watch the Steelers in the 70's I was certainly told plenty and went back and watched all the old games, read the books and live and breath Steeler football to this day. I don't need your approval or your weak attempts at criticism. You really aren't worth the effort but boredom does on occasion get the best of me and you're a damn moron. I had to reply.

Archived