THE BROWNS BOARD

Odds of winning the 2011 season Super Bowl

The Gipper

Here are the initial odds for each teams chances of winning the next Super Bowl to be held 2/5/2012 in Indianapolis as set by Las Vegas oddsmakers:

Patriots 5-1

Packers 6-1

Steelers 8-1

Chargers 12-1

Jets 12-1

Ravens 12-1

Falcons 15-1

Saints 15-1

Giants 15-1

Eagles 15-1

Bears 18-1

Cowboys 18-1

Colts 18-1

Buccaneers 30-1

Chiefs 30-1

Texans 35-1

49ers 40-1

Vikings 40-1

Dolphins 40-1

Raiders 50-1

Lions 50-1

Browns 60-1

Bengals 60-1

Broncos 60-1

Jaguars 60-1

Rams 60-1

Titans 60-1

Redskins 60-1

Seahawks 100-1

Cardinals 100-1

Bills 200-1

Panthers 300-1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was in Vegas I would put some cash on the Colts. They play in a soft division and the superbowl would be a home game for them

Do they? Who?

Compare their situation to the Browns.

QBs= Both have garbage at this point

RBs= Frank Gore >>>>>Peyton Hillis

WRs= Crabtree is better than anything we have

TE= Vernon Davis is light years better than Watson

OL= Our line is better but not by much

Defense is probably a wash although Patrick Willis is better than anything we have.

Defense is probably a wash although Patrick Willis is better than anything we have.

Our line is alot better, and i believe are QB situation is better at this point....Ill give you Gore by a slight edge over Hillis but by next year that could change,and Crabtree and Davis are better than anything we have....But i still dont see them as anything special

If I was in Vegas I would put some cash on the Colts. They play in a soft division and the superbowl would be a home game for them

You don't have to be there. You can place any of these bets online.

These are the sucker bets. Just stab in the dark stuff. For my money, the best bets you can make and have a good shot at actually making some money if you study a bit is the season win's over/under.

I didn't do so well this year and ended up losing a couple of hundred, but the 2-3 years before I made about $2000 each season.

Our line is alot better, and i believe are QB situation is better at this point....Ill give you Gore by a slight edge over Hillis but by next year that could change,and Crabtree and Davis are better than anything we have....But i still dont see them as anything special

They gave up half a sack more per game and averaged .1 YPC more than the Browns. I wouldn't say that they were much worse, it seems pretty close to me. Crabtree has the potential to be special although that hasn't quite translated to the field yet but Davis is a stud. He is top 3 at his position, I'm not sure where you are coming from with your statement on him.

The Squeelers are getting old. Next year their age beings to show.

To be fair, we've heard that argument before. Same thing goes with the Patriots.

Besides, some positions are getting old while others are getting young guns signed to the team like the receiving corp (minus Hines Ward obviously).

I like the odds, the Steelers are one shutdown corner and/or a good guard away from getting back on top. I see why New England is the favorite but the Packers will be the team to get through next year BY FAR.

In my opinion the Steelers odds will greatly hinge on whether or not LeBeau decides to come back as your DC or if he decides to retire.

I'm just playing the odds in the Steelers not getting back to the Super Bowl next season. It is very rare that either team gets back into the Super Bowl the following year. I still think that the Steelers and Packers will win another one, just not in 2011/2012.

Hines Ward is the heart and soul of that team. If he leaves, or has a diminished role, they will never be the same offensively. Big Ben is not a leader, he had a chance for a Montana moment and he shit his pants. Mendenhall is ordinary, o-line is going to have holes. Defensively they are getting a little long in the tooth. Expect a couple 8-8 type seasons while they re-tool.

Zombo

Peyton Hillis is NOT Frank Gore. I know you guys love your team as you should but do you really believe Peyton Hillis is as good as Frank Gore? Really? The Niners also have a lot of vital pieces to the puzzle as Pizza already pointed out. Truthfully the Browns should be there with all the top 10 draft selections but so many of those have flaked out and most aren't even on the roster. The last draft was the first draft in a LONG time that I felt the Browns did well top to bottom. Either way Peyton Hillis is not Frank Gore lol, not even close. He's a big, physical guy but if he can't run you over he can't run and there are more than a few defenses in this league that can't be "run over". Mind you I'm not knocking Hillis. I actually like the guy but he's not in the upper tier.

Hines Ward is the heart and soul of that team. If he leaves, or has a diminished role, they will never be the same offensively. Big Ben is not a leader, he had a chance for a Montana moment and he shit his pants. Mendenhall is ordinary, o-line is going to have holes. Defensively they are getting a little long in the tooth. Expect a couple 8-8 type seasons while they re-tool.

Zombo

Hines Ward is a big piece but he's not VITAL to the offense and you're completely delusional to believe there aren't other leaders on that team. If we're talking offense look no further than Heath Miller even though I think Ben is a leader, especially now. Mendenhall is also far from ordinary lol. He's a complete back and making a case for the "upper tier". I'd also love to know for how long people will say "the o-line has holes" when we've won two Super Bowls with that line and had both tackles still go down and went to the Super Bowl once again. Defensively you should check some of the recent drafts. Ziggy Hood, Timmons, Woodley, Worilds. Our rookie DB's never see the field immediately but we have a promising corner in Crezdon Butler. Pittsburgh always drafts to replace and groom. You'd think you would have learned this by now. We'll be re-tooling for another Super Bowl run.

In my opinion the Steelers odds will greatly hinge on whether or not LeBeau decides to come back as your DC or if he decides to retire.

He's coming back and if he doesn't they have Keith Butler immediately behind him. I'm pretty sure Lebeau has already stated he's not retiring because he's having too much fun with the current group.

I think Ben is a leader, especially now.

How could you not? He let his team and city down by missing four games for immature boorish behaviour and then threw two interceptions in the Super Bowl, and then STILL had an opportunity to lead his team down the field for the win and crapped his pants.

Yes, "Leader" is the one word everyone associates with Ben.

Zombo

Ben has two more Super Bowl rings than the whole Cleveland Browns franchise since their inception. Thank you.

Ben has a fat head and a career SB rating of 64. He has two rings because of Dick LeBeau and the Steeler defense.

Zombo

--Otto Graham had 7 rings and never raped a soul.

otto Graham has 7 rings? Where did he get them? Are they plastic rings that come in cracker jack boxes?

Can you please post a picture of otto's rings.

Thank you and I will pray that you stop obsessing about the steelers.

Ben has a fat head and a career SB rating of 64. He has two rings because of Dick LeBeau and the Steeler defense.

Zombo

--Otto Graham had 7 rings and never raped a soul.

otto Graham has 7 rings? Where did he get them? Are they plastic rings that come in cracker jack boxes?

He's dead. He won 7 championships. Ben has a fat head and a rating of 64 in Championship games.

Zombo

Something about the irony of a stooler fan on a browns board EVERYDAY saying anyone else is obsessed about anything makes me want to pukesburgh all over the place. Go home nancy.

I was simply asking about otto graham's rings. Where are they? Don't get angry, it is only football.

Actually Otto had 8 rings, he won an NBA Championship as well.

I would have no idea where they are, maybe you should ask the Graham family if you are so entranced.

Where are Ben's rings? Up some poor unsuspecting girl's hoo hoo in a grungy rest room?

Zombo

Zombo, thank you for admitting that you have no idea where the rings are.

Unless Ben sold his he should still have his rings. (yes there are pictures)

I will pray that you get over your bitterness and hope you win a Super Bowl soon, or at least show up. you'll have to win the AFC North first (just a heads up)

Thank you.

What are you smoking? Colt McCoy is a winner. He reminds me a lot of Roethlisberger on the field (not off)......he's the reason you guys will be winning soon.

Peyton Hillis is a beast and Frank Gore is a little better catching the ball, but running...Hillis edges him out.

WR's, yeah that is your weak spot

TE, I'd take Watson any day over Davis.

Archived