THE BROWNS BOARD

Ex Steelers Piece of Crap Cowher!

Mr. T

Esiason thinks Cowher could be enticed by Jets

Newsday, NY - 1 hour ago

Boomer Esiason has worked alongside former Steelers coach Bill Cowher the last two years on the set of the CBS NFL pre-game show. And while the former Jets' quarterback admits Cowher has not tipped his hand about the possibility of returning to the sidelines, Esiason thinks it's possible Cowher could be enticed into coaching the Jets.

"He's played it close to the vest, but I will tell you this," Esiason said. "The guy sits and watches the games as intensely as ever. If somebody made a hard run at him, it would be hard for him to turn it down. If he got the money offered to him that I would think [the Jets] would have, I think he might come back."

Esiason's advice to Cowher if the Jets offer him an absurd amount of money, perhaps $10 million or more per season: "I would say, 'Take the job. You're working in the biggest city and the biggest fish bowl in the world, but you should do it.' "

Esiason said he has not spoken directly with Cowher about coaching the Jets, although Esiason has ribbed him a few times about it

"I've kidded him from time to time that if he comes here, I don't want to call plays. I just want to do the TV show."

But Esiason admits it's impossible to read the tea leaves with Cowher.

"He is not giving any of us at CBS the real insight into what he's looking at," Esiason said. "It will be interesting to see if he's on their radar."

One potential red flag with Cowher's hiring would be the issue of sharing front-office power. Cowher is known to want an active role in personnel issues, and while Mangini had significant input on the draft and free agency, general manager Mike Tannenbaum had ultimate authority. Tannenbaum would likely have to cede some power if Cowher is hired.

Jets owner Woody Johnson and Tannenbaum declined to address specifically whether they'd reach out to Cowher, other than to say they would consider all possibilities. It is believed the team will, in fact, contact Cowher. According to another person familiar with Cowher's situation, he has sent out signals to teams other than the Cleveland Browns that he is at least willing to listen to offers. And that includes the Jets.

If the Jets cannot lure Cowher back to the sidelines, Esiason said he would expect the team to consider Giants' defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. They'd be crazy not to interview him; after all, Spagnuolo put together one of the most vibrant defenses in recent memory last season, and has helped the Giants earn the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs despite having lost defensive ends Michael Strahan to retirement and Osi Umenyiora to a season-ending knee injury.

I can see Cowher using Cleveland as a tool for bargaining for a bigger more expanded role with the Jets or KC.

He wants something that he would never get in Pittsburgh and that is control over the FO.

Plus his blood bleeds Piss and Black!

I said it as soon as I heard Mangini was fired and I will say it again, If Cowher coaches anywhere it will be in New York, this is a no brainer! The team is built to win now and plays a 3-4 scheme, they will also offer Cowher more money than anyone else could. I have a strong feeling Cowher will be the Head Coach of the New York Jets next season.

This also keeps his history with the Stoolers Nation/Rooney family and his own family being from PA intact, that is until he beats the Stoolers lol! He would have never come to the Browns, the guy has loyalty and is a PA Stooler fan that would never mess with his liniage.

I can see Cowher using Cleveland as a tool for bargaining for a bigger more expanded role with the Jets or KC.

He wants something that he would never get in Pittsburgh and that is control over the FO.

Dude ...he is NOT Coaching in 09 !

First off, I told yinz before - Cowher ain't going to Cleveland.

Add that to the ever-expanding list of shit I was right about and yinz were WRONG on.

Besides - can you blame him for squashing the rumor? He may be coaching somewhere next year, and who knows - maybe it's NJ, but any coach worth their salt would avoid a small handful of teams in the NFL including the Rrrrrrrrraiders, Dallas and of course the bottomless pit of career-move catastrophe - dirty, dirty Cleveland.

Regards

..... an'at

Hard to believe the Jets don't have some kind of plan in firing a young 9 win coach.

The plan is to sell PSLs, that's why our GM got Favre, winning was the icing on the cake and even though the Jets are better than they were last year we expected the Jets to be the #1 seed five weeks ago and now they're out. Now Cowher is at the top of our GM's list but I don't believe New Yorkers will be as patient with him as the Rooney's were.

Gee, if he's coaching the Jets next year I guess he has to sell that house he bought in Cleveland. Or maybe he'll live in Cleveland and commute to New Jersey. I heard he likes Cleveland that much.

For all of you Steelers Pukes, I will set this straight.

I never wanted that ShitBag Cowher, and Im dancing that piece of shit isn't coming here!

Im actually dancing Now Bitches!!!!

Mrt.gif

you can keep your piece of shit fantasies of Cowher/

Maybe Cowher just didn't want to be on the other side of this:

PIT 22, CLE 0

PIT 15, CLE 12, OT

PIT 28, CLE 7

PIT 16, CLE 13, OT

PIT 23, CLE 20

PIT 36, CLE 33

CLE 33, PIT 13

PIT 13, CLE 6

PIT 34, CLE 23

PIT 24, CLE 10

PIT 34, CLE 21

PIT 41, CLE 0

PIT 24, CLE 20

PIT 27, CLE 7

PIT 34, CLE 7

PIT 31, CLE 28

PIT 10, CLE 6

PIT 31, CLE 0

Losers of 17 of the last 18 rivalry games. Outscored 456-246, that's an average whooping of about 26-14. No wonder he "wasn't interested"

First off, I told yinz before - Cowher ain't going to Cleveland.

Add that to the ever-expanding list of shit I was right about and yinz were WRONG on.

Besides - can you blame him for squashing the rumor? He may be coaching somewhere next year, and who knows - maybe it's NJ, but any coach worth their salt would avoid a small handful of teams in the NFL including the Rrrrrrrrraiders, Dallas and of course the bottomless pit of career-move catastrophe - dirty, dirty Cleveland.

Regards

..... an'at

.... fagg'ot

Archived