THE BROWNS BOARD

Ok, This is going to get messy

bonedawg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No need to bring your sadness here, pal.

This is the place where we'll be freely laughing at you, the invincible Steelers nation.

Hey Johnny come lately whatever makes you feel better when your head hits the pillow at night. The loss absolutely sucks but we still reached the Super Bowl in a year a lot of people didn't think we would. The Steelers still had a chance to win with 2 minutes left in the game and they just didn't get it done. The Packers played a good game and you on here with the other mouth breathers celebrating is pretty pathetic if I'm being honest. You know it's bad when you have a contingent of your own calling out fellow Browns fans for a constant stream of idiocy. And isn't the place a "Steeler Hatred forum" I just now realized it's also about the Cleveland Browns lol. Sad, sad group of individuals.

Yeah Swain took two steps with possession of the ball. How is that not a catch?

Lol where the hell did he take two steps without a defender on him throughout the "catch". He didn't make a "Football move" because he was wrapped up the moment he caught the ball and it was ripped. Every single announcer/analyst said exactly the same but the great Pumpkin Eater (LOL) said it was a catch. He never had possession of the ball. You're a moron. Seriously.

Well, if they are going to list titles by franchise, then, yes, the Browns would not be listed with the Packers and Bears. The Packers have 13, the Bears 9, and the Browns 8.

They weren't listed at all and it made me laugh. I forget who it was after the Steelers but the lowly Browns weren't listed.

Lol where the hell did he take two steps without a defender on him throughout the "catch". He didn't make a "Football move" because he was wrapped up the moment he caught the ball and it was ripped. Every single announcer/analyst said exactly the same but the great Pumpkin Eater (LOL) said it was a catch. He never had possession of the ball. You're a moron. Seriously.

31-25

Stairway to seven lies in ruins in the streets of the hellhole that is Pittsburgh.

The Packers put on a clinic in how to shred the "vaunted" Squeeler D. Polypoopoo was ineffective. Roid Monk Harrison had his name called once. Gay was, well, Gay.

This game would have been a blowout without the 2 dropped TD passes by Packer's receivers.. and the bad call on Swain's catch and fumble.

I respect your organization for building a good team. But every single Stoolers fan I know has been celebrating their 7th Super Bowl victory for the past two weeks. Well, it turns out you have to show up and actually win the game. You guys got cocky, and it came back to bite you in the ass.

Congrats to the Packers. They definitely deserved it.

Its good the Steelers got brought back down to earth, whats to be taken even more from this game is that we need Colt McCoy to be able to spread the Steelers out and do excatly the same thing GB did...They basically laid a foundation to beating them

Its good the Steelers got brought back down to earth, whats to be taken even more from this game is that we need Colt McCoy to be able to spread the Steelers out and do excatly the same thing GB did...They basically laid a foundation to beating them

Brought back to earth? We turned the ball over 3 times and still had a chance at the end of the game to put it away again. Last I checked a lot of people had the Steelers finishing 3rd in the division prior to the start of the season. The supposed "meltdown theories" were rampant on this message board. Yet through it all, through the injuries we made it to the Super Bowl. Am I disappointed that we lost? Absolutely. Did everyone that bleeds Black and Gold leading in to this game have reason to be confident? Absolutely. Number one defense and a solid offense with one of the best big game QB's in the league. His playoff record speaks for itself. As far as McCoy is concerned you need WR to spread out a defense and you don't have any. Colt McCoy also isn't Aaron Rodgers. As far as "laying a foundation" is concerned that's pretty damn funny, especially when you consider the playoffs are a completely different ball game. The Browns need to get that far first. I hate coming across like a troll but some of the stuff being posted in this thread is hilarious.

And Gipper yes the Browns exclusion is relevant because even the NFL Network forgot about the Browns. lol

Thank you all for the verbal beatings. I would do the same if it were you. Green Bay deserved to win. You could tell they were better prepared for this game and watched enough film on us to stretch to the moon. I wish Ben would put in that much time, but oh well. We gave it hell even with 3 TO's, but when you dont cause any those are impossible to overcome.

Gipper, why did the NFLN not recognize the Browns championships (im seriously asking)? It really didnt make sense.....

Brought back to earth? We turned the ball over 3 times and still had a chance at the end of the game to put it away again. Last I checked a lot of people had the Steelers finishing 3rd in the division prior to the start of the season. The supposed "meltdown theories" were rampant on this message board.

Steelers tied for the divsion lead. The "meltdown" that wasn't foreseen was that of the Bengals, though, honestly, it probably should have been seen.

Yet through it all, through the injuries we made it to the Super Bowl. Am I disappointed that we lost? Absolutely. Did everyone that bleeds Black and Gold leading in to this game have reason to be confident? Absolutely. Number one defense and a solid offense with one of the best big game QB's in the league. His playoff record speaks for itself. As far as McCoy is concerned you need WR to spread out a defense and you don't have any.

At least you got that right.

Colt McCoy also isn't Aaron Rodgers. Not yet, at least. Who knows though.

As far as "laying a foundation" is concerned that's pretty damn funny, especially when you consider the playoffs are a completely different ball game. The Browns need to get that far first. I hate coming across like a troll but some of the stuff being posted in this thread is hilarious.

The Browns lost all but 2 of their games by 10 points or less. Seven of those by a touchdown or less. Turn half of those around and they would have been in the playoff hunt. It would only take one play in a game to have had a lot of those game reversed.....like say, having a ref make a bad call on the goal line, or like say, having an opponent's receiver drop a TD pass right in his arm that would have beat us.

And Gipper yes the Browns exclusion is relevant because even the NFL Network forgot about the Browns. lol

Nope, not relevent. I don't have the NFL network. Have never watched the NFL Network. Nothing that minor station does changes any facts about anything. What they may choose to report or not, is, indeed, irrelevent.

one of the best big game QB's in the league.

Homotron, the games don't get any bigger in than the Super Bowl, where Bennie has a combined rating of 64. Joe Montana he ain't.

"Big Game" QBs player better in the biggest games, not worse.

"Fat Head" QBs throw lots of INTs and win two out of three because they are on great defensive teams.

Zombo

--Stick to your strengths and we might respect you more.

Hey Johnny come lately whatever makes you feel better when your head hits the pillow at night. The loss absolutely sucks but we still reached the Super Bowl in a year a lot of people didn't think we would. The Steelers still had a chance to win with 2 minutes left in the game and they just didn't get it done. The Packers played a good game and you on here with the other mouth breathers celebrating is pretty pathetic if I'm being honest. You know it's bad when you have a contingent of your own calling out fellow Browns fans for a constant stream of idiocy. And isn't the place a "Steeler Hatred forum" I just now realized it's also about the Cleveland Browns lol. Sad, sad group of individuals.

it really is pathetic that you are even here. THAT is what is pathetic!

I made sure that I wore my Hillis jersey around everywhere today. All the dip shit Steelers fans said, Ya like the Browns won the Super Bowl and I replied with a smile on my face the Steelers losing is almost as good.

There are guys who live across from my door who I would always see in Steelers shirts and they were out on their front lawn last night shouting until 2 am GO PACK STEELERS SUCK.

Vermin checking in!

I know you must be talking about the bandwagon fans outside Pennsylvania. We lost but I was certainly proud of the way our fans handled it last night. They had the streets blocked off in case a celebration ensued but even after the loss we still milled around the streets for a little while, nothing to celebrate obviously but chatted a while and agreed it was a great season before going back home. I thought a riot cop was about to bust a group with open containers but to my surprise let them off with a "just keep it on the sidewalk" warning, gotta love it.

And of course there is a connection we have with our team. Both my dad and grandfather worked for a time in the steel mills. My grandfather came to Pittsburgh from Italy when he was 15, without friends or family, and didn't speak English. Days after work he and his buddies too the trolley down to the games. At least I know I have a connection.

But despite being bummed that we lost the general mood in town today is that we'll "get 'em next year," focus on the draft, and patiently await next season. Any fan would.

Thanks to drops and injuries.

We didn't have injuries or drops? They're a part of the game last I checked. I've also explained 500 times why I hit this board russwhatever the hell your name is and I've stuck around for the entertainment factor and division news. Look how many Steeler threads are on this message board a day after the Super Bowl. You'd think you just played in the Super Bowl. Now that is pathetic.

We didn't have injuries or drops? They're a part of the game last I checked. I've also explained 500 times why I hit this board russwhatever the hell your name is and I've stuck around for the entertainment factor and division news. Look how many Steeler threads are on this message board a day after the Super Bowl. You'd think you just played in the Super Bowl. Now that is pathetic.

Not the caliber of players like Woodson and Driver. Also, Jones and Nelson had drops that had they caught the ball they would have still been running. Its all excuses just like your 3 turnover excuse which was pretty much my point. You do seem quite a bit more bitter today for some reason.

You do seem quite a bit more bitter today for some reason.

while i think the comments of SOME browns fans in threads like this are pretty lame and pathetic, i think it's more pathetic for steeler fans (after their favorite team just suffered a sb loss) to park their asses on a browns board and retaliate. i just get a laugh at the mindset of these trolls, i think they're funny. they have some serious ocd issues. and yeah, bitterness definitely is playing a factor in them. it's like they're suffering from pms sb loss or something.

while i think the comments of SOME browns fans in threads like this are pretty lame and pathetic, i think it's more pathetic for steeler fans (after their favorite team just suffered a sb loss) to park their asses on a browns board and retaliate. i just get a laugh at the mindset of these trolls, i think they're funny. they have some seriuous ocd issues. and yeah, bitterness definitely is playing a factor in them. it's like they're suffering from pms sb loss or something.

Its because the Stooler assholes came here and partied thinking they were gonna just waltz in to Dallas...walk to the winners circle and take home a trophy by just showing up and theyre all butthurt cuz it never happened and,theyre in pieces over it like they were some chosen tribe to be annointed.

Face it, pal: there are a lot of people celebrating the fact you lost a SB that you all thought you had won already.

Some others are showing more sportsmanlike feelings. I admire them but this does not change the fact that

1. There is a strong rivalry between Pittsburgh and Cleveland fans

2. You have a great team, that could have easily won the 7th title for your franchise after a remarkable season (one of many recent ones)

3. You have a number of stupid fans. People who come to a Browns forum and act like total assholes: when you root for arguably one of the best teams in the league you must be a very sad little man to come over here (arguably one of the franchises with the worst results through the last 10 years) and brag

4. Last night "when my head hit the pillow" I felt very good knowing those sad little men were experiencing something very close to having a live cat in the stomach

5. Unless you are a sad little man, you should know that after months of reading dumb posts of Steelers fans, even regular quiet fans would unleash their deepest revenge feelings on this board

One thing you can be sure of is that the day the Browns will start winning, and you know it will happen, you will certainly not find me bragging on a Steelers fans board.

Back in the day, I would have cheered for the team in my division to win the game. The Steeler fans here and elsewhere have been so obnoxious that I could not bring myself to root for their team. I know a couple of Steeler fans who are pleasant folks and we have a good-natured rivalry but they are the exceptions.

Thank you all for the verbal beatings. I would do the same if it were you. Green Bay deserved to win. You could tell they were better prepared for this game and watched enough film on us to stretch to the moon. I wish Ben would put in that much time, but oh well. We gave it hell even with 3 TO's, but when you dont cause any those are impossible to overcome.

Gipper, why did the NFLN not recognize the Browns championships (im seriously asking)? It really didnt make sense.....

It is a fairly long story that I have told before. In the late 1940s Bert Bell was both the commissioner of the NFL and the owner of the Philadelphia Eagles. There had been proposals on the board that there actually be a "Super Bowl" played between the champions of the AAFC and the NFL after the 1948 and 1949 seasons (they would have called it "the World Series of Football"). Bert Bell refused to go along with the proposal under the theory that his Eagles who were the champions of the NFL in both 1948 and 1949 were far superior to the Browns and that such a game would be a wipeout and thus it was superfluous to play such a game. (in reality, he probably harbored the fear that the exact opposite was the fact).

Things being what they were at the time, because of the Browns dominance of the AAFC the league became non-competitive and thus the merger of 1950 occurred with the various AAFC teams being absorbed into the NFL, including the Browns and the 49ers etc.

Now, the schedule makers got this bright idea of doing in the first game of the season what Bell had refused to do at the end of the last two seasons: match the Eagles against the Browns and see who really was the best team. Needless to say, the Browns wiped the field up with the Eagles something like 35-10.

Well, as the result of that embarassment, Bell, in a fit of pettiness, anger, jealousy, and embarrassment declared that the NFL would not recognize the records of the AAFC. His "reasoning" was that there were several of the original games stats sheets that could not be located and thus the 'records and statistics' of the AAFC could not be verified properly.

Of course, however, of those few original stats sheets that couldn't be located there were copies of them readily available. There wasn't one play that occurred in the AAFC that couldn't be accounted for. But that didn't satisfy Bell. He said every single original game sheet had to be presented or the entire records of the AAFC would not be.

Naturally, this action was done merely out of spite over the fact that the Browns had opened a can of whoopass on his team. The fact is, the Pro Football HOF has the stats sheets from the AAFC, and nothing that happened in that league has been lost. The NFL and its subsequent commissioners have simply continued to adhere to the ruling that Bell made 'out of respect' for the man who was commissioner at the time and his rulings. Bell himself is in the HOF, so they just didn't want to disturb the Bell ruling.

The Browns themselves have taken basicall a neutral position on the situation. They came into the league per an agreement that was entered into between them and the NFL at the time and have continued to adhere to that agreement and have not pushed the AAFC issue.

Nevertheless, that doesn't change the fact that the Cleveland Browns were the best team on the planet and that they won their championships in a league that was the equal to the NFL. Had they been member of the NFL in 46-49 I suggest they probably would have won like 3 of the 4 titles in those years.

And, again, it is ONLY in the official NFL rules that don't recognize the AAFC statistics. The Pro Football Hall of Fame, the Sporting News, and any number of other semi-official reporting bodies include the AAFC. See pro-football-reference etc. etc. where all this stuff is included.

Face it, pal: there are a lot of people celebrating the fact you lost a SB that you all thought you had won already.

Some others are showing more sportsmanlike feelings. I admire them but this does not change the fact that

1. There is a strong rivalry between Pittsburgh and Cleveland fans

2. You have a great team, that could have easily won the 7th title for your franchise after a remarkable season (one of many recent ones)

3. You have a number of stupid fans. People who come to a Browns forum and act like total assholes: when you root for arguably one of the best teams in the league you must be a very sad little man to come over here (arguably one of the franchises with the worst results through the last 10 years) and brag

4. Last night "when my head hit the pillow" I felt very good knowing those sad little men were experiencing something very close to having a live cat in the stomach

5. Unless you are a sad little man, you should know that after months of reading dumb posts of Steelers fans, even regular quiet fans would unleash their deepest revenge feelings on this board

One thing you can be sure of is that the day the Browns will start winning, and you know it will happen, you will certainly not find me bragging on a Steelers fans board.

Good post and I don't come here to brag. The ONLY time you'll ever see any gloating or anything REMOTELY egotistical exit my mouth is when the sh.it is being slung in my direction 10 fold. I'd say I'm one of the few that hit this board for division news and the occasional intelligent argument. Unfortunately and this happens more often than not a innocent thread or conversation is made in to something completely different because of the mouth breathing masses. Now if you do in fact read more than you post you already know this occurs daily and on a almost religious like basis. The loss sucked big time and the Packers deserved the "W". Please find a post where I've said anything that wasn't previously provoked. I'm not here to troll. I think it's hilarious that I can hit this board at any given time during the week and find a thread with Steeler in the title started by one of your own. It's a well known fact and something routinely chastised by the Browns fans on this board with a little something between the ears. Don't blame me, hell don't blame the trolls. The venue is put down for all to see each and every day. If the foundation wasn't ROUTINELY set this board would be a lot more pleasant. Unfortunately some of the less intelligent live and breath hating the Steelers and at times seem to care less about their Browns. Sad but true and there isn't a soul on this message board that can with a whole heart deny it.

Back in the day, I would have cheered for the team in my division to win the game. The Steeler fans here and elsewhere have been so obnoxious that I could not bring myself to root for their team. I know a couple of Steeler fans who are pleasant folks and we have a good-natured rivalry but they are the exceptions.

Kathy do you read this message board? I mean really read it? or do you simply post when it suits you best? If Steeler fans on this board are obnoxious how exactly would you label the Browns fans that start the sh.it slinging? The holier than thou bit is amusing and I'd never root for a division rival to win a Super Bowl unless the opposition was more hated. No one in Pittsburgh want's your "temporary fandom" and if you want a PG atmosphere around here start talking to some of your own before you attempt to chase the Steeler faithful away with your holy pitch forks and self righteous BS.

Archived