THE BROWNS BOARD

Belichick's Coaching Tree

roach

Guest Ghoolie
Wikipedia lists Phil Savage as a product of Belichick's tree. That brings the count of BB fatalities since yesterday to three. Charlie Weiss was on the fringe of making it four. Lerner better do his homework.

NO MAN who works for Bill B has much chance of being a successful head coach. Individuality, creativity and leadership are NOT qualities a man like Bill B cherishes in his bitches. Instead he wants coffee fetchers like Crennell and Sewage who just smile and do what they are told to do.

Not sure that my pal Ghoolie's assessment is exactly on target..........but I will say this......Belichick is a football genius and has minutia detail in all aspects and instructs those who work for him what to do.............

the question is .......are these guys who do every detail as he dictates .............really learning or have the capability to absorb and do more of the same.........or just coffee bringers as the great Ghoolie states

History dictates the answer IS NO..........

so in essence I agree with both of my two fellow football gurus............

The argument is asinine.

Unless you are literally borderline Retarded (read: RAC) how can you work for a guy, do everything he tells you to do and not learn from it?

When BB tells me to do this, this, and this, then that happens, hmmmm....I wonder if there is a connection?

People are people and some are cut to be head coaches and others aren't. RAC was one of those who wasn't cut to be a head coach. Ghoolie made a great point when he was first hired, it only took RAC like 30 years to finally get a head coaching gig, that right there should tell you something.

However it's not out of the question that BB can and will have an assistant under him go on to greatness beyond what he himself has accomplished. We just have to pick the right one.

Think about all I taught you and which parts sunk in............I would say at this point ........NONE...................so what you said is folly........learn that as well

Guest Masters

There is a guy sort of from the BB tree with success. Thomas Dimitroff, the Falcons new GM. He was in charge of scouting under BB and Pioli from 2002 until last year.

Think about all I taught you and which parts sunk in............I would say at this point ........NONE...................so what you said is folly........learn that as well

Difference is, Belichick's disciples (most likely) respected him enough to give a shit and listen to what he said. I don't think your "proteges" here afford you that same respect...

NO MAN who works for Bill B has much chance of being a successful head coach. Individuality, creativity and leadership are NOT qualities a man like Bill B cherishes in his bitches. Instead he wants coffee fetchers like Crennell and Sewage who just smile and do what they are told to do.

and we all await your wisdom..........................WHO THEN?

There is a guy sort of from the BB tree with success. Thomas Dimitroff, the Falcons new GM. He was in charge of scouting under BB and Pioli from 2002 until last year.

You're digging pretty deep, but OK.

i'll give you Nick Saban too and that's about it. What does that ell you? Some would consider Ferentz a success, but i have no idea why. He's a .500 college coach.

Guest Masters
You're digging pretty deep, but OK.

i'll give you Nick Saban too and that's about it. What does that ell you? Some would consider Ferentz a success, but i have no idea why. He's a .500 college coach.

I wouldn't think that's digging too deep. I mean here is a guy who was w/ BB and Pioli for 6 years, gets a chance at a GM job, and turns around a franchise that had to get over Vick and losing. He is fresh and young. He obviously learned a thing or two under those guys.

I personally wouldn't call Mangini a bad coach either. In reality, in his 3 years, we was a winning coach.

It comes down to basics of people. There are some that will learn around other smart people (Dimitroff and to some exent Mangini) and others that don't (RAC, Weis, Savage to some extent).

It's finding those right people, if your gonna go looking to pluck from a tree.

Archived