THE BROWNS BOARD

Romeo 4 DC?

PlayoffsIN09

I'd like to see Romeo as DC. Someone mentioned using him as a player relations kind of guy since the players love him so much. As far as the draft we have the 5th pick. With that many draft sites have us getting malcolm jenkins, beanie wells, or one of the two linebackers. I'd like one of the two linebackers here. I favor Rey because rumors have it that James is projected as a high second round pick. If we get a smart GM, we could possibly get both linebackers through a trade that would steal headlines. Maybe trading with the Lions in the second round since they have they 1st pick.

Please NO. Why would we want to run the same passive scheme that we've been running? This makes zero sense to me.

Exactly. Why do people think that he's a good DC? Because of one fluke year as the Browns DC under Palmer? RAC rode Jamir's coattails.

I really, really have a hard time believing that Belichick let RAC run that D# in NE. Belichick devised the strategy, RAC called the plays. RAC got his ass chewed out on the sidelines for not sticking to the plan.

This is just speculation, but I wouldn't surprised if his play calling duties were mostly prearranged (i.e. If A, then call B ).

-Al

I'd like to see Romeo as DC. Someone mentioned using him as a player relations kind of guy since the players love him so much. As far as the draft we have the 5th pick. With that many draft sites have us getting malcolm jenkins, beanie wells, or one of the two linebackers. I'd like one of the two linebackers here. I favor Rey because rumors have it that James is projected as a high second round pick. If we get a smart GM, we could possibly get both linebackers through a trade that would steal headlines. Maybe trading with the Lions in the second round since they have they 1st pick.

I don't want to see us drafting Big Ten guys. We need speed and hard hitting tackling. We need to draft from schools like USC.

I don't want to see us drafting Big Ten guys. We need speed and hard hitting tackling. We need to draft from schools like USC.

people can play regardless of the school they went to or conference they were in. if a guy's good, he's good. doesn't matter where he came from. and plenty of guys who went to pac-10 or SEC schools have sucked.

people can play regardless of the school they went to or conference they were in. if a guy's good, he's good. doesn't matter where he came from. and plenty of guys who went to pac-10 or SEC schools have sucked.

Fair enough, but from a historic perspective, players from certain schools are more successful. my 2 cents.

I do NOT want RAC as DC or anything else. Why would we? For his dominant defense?...HA!!! Plus his mere presence would undercut a new coach given that some players would remain loyal to Romeo & turn to him. Division among the troops is NOT a positive thing.

Quoting a Ray Charles song....."...and doncha come back no mo' no mo' no mo' no mo'....hit the roa-oa-oad RAC, & doncha come back no mo'!"

Mike

The Browns defense is one that could never make it off of the field. The only reason they didn't allow more points is because our offense was so inept, the opposing team called off the dogs. I guarantee if we were to score more than 30 points per game the other team would find a way to score one more than us.

We had a two-touchdown lead at home - twice! - and lost both games. Not only should RAC not be our defensive coordinator, I wouldn't even sell him a ticket to the game.

Yet somehow mysteriously, the players love him. I guess he did a great job playing Santa Claus again this year at the Christmas party. Will someone in the media please find a player on the roster who did NOT like RAC and give us that player's opinion? I'm tired of hearing how a man who couldn't beat our arch rivals once in 8 tries was the greatest man they ever met.

Archived