THE BROWNS BOARD

Go Packers!

BrownsFan4Evr

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Modern Era of the NFL, the Steelers have 384 wins to the Browns 258.

That's 126 more wins, that is 77 less losses.

20 to 6 more Division Championships

33 to 4 more Post Season wins

15 to 3 AFC Championship Game Appearances

8 to 0 Super Bowl Appearances

6 to 0 Super Bowl Wins

And you're referring to "Total Embarrassment" of being a Steelers fan over a Browns fan? Yeah, I definitely would rather be known as a team that throws bottles on the field as opposed to the one that is playing in the Super Bowl on next Sunday.

Take heart - you're close to having a franchise QB. After all, you only passed on both Ben Roethlisberger and Mark Sanchez in recent years.....you'll get it right someday. In the meantime, enjoy your inferiority complex.

6 to 0 Super Bowl Wins

And you're referring to "Total Embarrassment" of being a Steelers fan over a Browns fan? Yeah, I definitely would rather be known as a team that throws bottles on the field as opposed to the one that is playing in the Super Bowl on next Sunday.

Take heart - you're close to having a franchise QB. After all, you only passed on both Ben Roethlisberger and Mark Sanchez in recent years.....you'll get it right someday. In the meantime, enjoy your inferiority complex.

A Steelers fan made this application.

6 to 0 Super Bowl Wins

That's weird, because I found this....

The record, all time, of the Cleveland Browns combined is 415-352-10 a winning percentage of .541.

The record, all time, of the Pittsburgh Steelers combined is 565-529-21 a winning percentage of .516.

Last I checked .541 > .516

Whatever though...

That's weird, because I found this....

The record, all time, of the Cleveland Browns combined is 415-352-10 a winning percentage of .541.

The record, all time, of the Pittsburgh Steelers combined is 565-529-21 a winning percentage of .516.

Last I checked .541 > .516

Whatever though...

You're forgetting an important point

STEELERS FANS THINK THE HISTORY OF THE NFL STARTED IN 1970

6 to 0 Super Bowl Wins

Well FAG, unfortunately for you, Pro football didn't start with the Stooler's first tainted Superbowl win. Will the Stoolers ever catch up to the Browns? Maybe if they continue to cheat at the high level they do today.

You're forgetting an important point

STEELERS FANS THINK THE HISTORY OF THE NFL STARTED IN 1970

Hoorta sir one thing you can't deny is the absolutely diluted nature of the NFL during the earliest parts of the league from a talent stand point. Not to mention far less teams. I don't know that anyone completely discredits those championships but I do believe they carry less weight and I'm not alone. Fact of the matter is where live in the NOW and the now is Pittsburgh in the upper echelon. If the tables turn at some point so be it but right now it is what it is and the Steelers sit near the top.

Hoorta sir one thing you can't deny is the absolutely diluted nature of the NFL during the earliest parts of the league from a talent stand point.

Homo, I've made the point over and over. From a talent standpoint? So when you played Panthers this year, how did that work out for you. You won with probably second and third stringers at half. Is anyone here bitching because the talent on the Panthers horrible team is "diluted". How is that different?

The Browns at that time had the best RB and QB of all time (not including the other 10 or so HOFer's). They won because they were dominant, not because the other teams sucked. They were just that dominant.

And if the league was so diluted, why did the Steelers only have one winning season, or whatever the horrible stats are?

We Can’t Beat Them

(By the Cleveland Browns)

We, the Browns’ veterans

from over the years.

Leave these words for the current Browns,

though they’re soaked in tears.

Try as you might,

and we’re sure that you will.

You cannot defeat

The Men of Steel.

We could not beat them

at Three Rivers.

The thought of that place

gives us the shivers.

We could not beat

the mighty Steel Curtain.

Though we tried our best

defeat was certain.

We could not beat

the one called Greene.

We were scared of him,

he was so darn mean!

We could not stop

Bradshaw to Swann.

Those guys were awesome!

We’re glad they’re gone!

We could not beat

the one called “Bus”.

He ran through our “D”.

He was stronger than us

We can’t beat them

at Heinz Field.

Those Terrible Towel wavers

make all foes yield.

We can’t beat

the one called “Ward”.

If he’s a receiver

why does he hit so hard?

We can’t beat Troy

with his flowing hair.

Or James Harrison

and his icy stare.

We can’t stop

number 17.

He’s the fastest receiver

we’ve ever seen.

And what are we supposed

to do with Big Ben?

In or out of the pocket

he’s impossible to defend.

How do we stop

their black and gold might?

Perhaps garlic and holy water?

Or Kryptonite?

We can’t even beat them

on our home turf.

If we can’t beat them here

Can we beat them anywhere on Earth?

We can’t beat them

here nor there.

We can’t beat them

anywhere.

They have better colors.

They play in a better town.

They win Super Bowls

while knocking us around.

We don’t mean to depress you

with these words of gloom.

But facing the Steelers

is a sure path to doom.

But give it your best shot,

and you’ll learn why we feel

that we cannot beat

those Men of Steel.

Hoorta sir one thing you can't deny is the absolutely diluted nature of the NFL during the earliest parts of the league from a talent stand point.

Diluted? If anything the NFL is more diluted now.

Not to mention far less teams. I don't know that anyone completely discredits those championships but I do believe they carry less weight and I'm not alone.

I don't know , I was not a math major but 1 is not more than 1.

Whatever weight you put on things, it is a self imposed burden.

Fact of the matter is where live in the NOW and the now is Pittsburgh in the upper echelon. If the tables turn at some point so be it but right now it is what it is and the Steelers sit near the top.

Yes, "Now" the Steelers have had the better of things. That still doesn't mean you have the right to mangle math.

A year is a year is a year.

We Can’t Beat Them

(By the Cleveland Browns)

We, the Browns’ veterans

from over the years.

Leave these words for the current Browns,

though they’re soaked in tears.

Try as you might,

and we’re sure that you will.

You cannot defeat

The Men of Steel.

We could not beat them

at Three Rivers.

The thought of that place

gives us the shivers.

We could not beat

the mighty Steel Curtain.

Though we tried our best

defeat was certain.

We could not beat

the one called Greene.

We were scared of him,

he was so darn mean!

We could not stop

Bradshaw to Swann.

Those guys were awesome!

We’re glad they’re gone!

We could not beat

the one called “Bus”.

He ran through our “D”.

He was stronger than us

We can’t beat them

at Heinz Field.

Those Terrible Towel wavers

make all foes yield.

We can’t beat

the one called “Ward”.

If he’s a receiver

why does he hit so hard?

We can’t beat Troy

with his flowing hair.

Or James Harrison

and his icy stare.

We can’t stop

number 17.

He’s the fastest receiver

we’ve ever seen.

And what are we supposed

to do with Big Ben?

In or out of the pocket

he’s impossible to defend.

How do we stop

their black and gold might?

Perhaps garlic and holy water?

Or Kryptonite?

We can’t even beat them

on our home turf.

If we can’t beat them here

Can we beat them anywhere on Earth?

We can’t beat them

here nor there.

We can’t beat them

anywhere.

They have better colors.

They play in a better town.

They win Super Bowls

while knocking us around.

We don’t mean to depress you

with these words of gloom.

But facing the Steelers

is a sure path to doom.

But give it your best shot,

and you’ll learn why we feel

that we cannot beat

those Men of Steel.

Let's make a note here of course that while the Steelers have a Super Bowl coming up....their fans are STILL obsessed with the Cleveland Browns...and what we Browns fans think of them.

It is sad, but true.

Rest assured, if the Browns were about to play in the SB, I sure wouldn't give a fading thought to the Steelers or what their fans thought about it.

I'm sure that Retarded poem was really gay. I'm glad I didn't take the time to read homo's gay poetry. What a total inbred fag. A fag who ties his own self worth to a professional football team he has nothing to do with. So not only is he an inbred faggot loser, he is envious of Cleveland fans.

Hoorta sir one thing you can't deny is the absolutely diluted nature of the NFL during the earliest parts of the league from a talent stand point. Not to mention far less teams

So if we go by your analogy... wouldn't the 70's titles also be watered down?

Less teams...slower,less athletic,less talanted players...so ...what year should we pick and choose from ? 1996? 1992?1984? any thing before

that...shouldn't be considered world champs?

We Browns fans can play this card too...football didn't really become "world class "until around 1998 or 99.

So if we go by your analogy... wouldn't the 70's titles also be watered down?

Less teams...slower,less athletic,less talanted players...so ...what year should we pick and choose from ? 1996? 1992?1984? any thing before

that...shouldn't be considered world champs?

We Browns fans can play this card too...football didn't really become "world class "until around 1998 or 99.

In the 70's there were still droves and droves of EXTREMELY talented players. Sure players are bigger, faster and stronger now but some of the games all time greats came out of that era. The pre-super bowl era on the other hand had some tremendous players but they weren't anywhere close to as abundant. The biggest thing tho was the hodge podge of teams and the league structure. Less teams. Cities combining to make teams. It was even less profitable for anyone to be a football player than it was in the 70's and certainly to the way things are now. The game was much, much different even from the 70's and beyond. All i know is that right now all anyone cares about is Super Bowls and I'd say the same if I were a Browns diehard.

In the 70's there were still droves and droves of EXTREMELY talented players. Sure players are bigger, faster and stronger now but some of the games all time greats came out of that era. The pre-super bowl era on the other hand had some tremendous players but they weren't anywhere close to as abundant. The biggest thing tho was the hodge podge of teams and the league structure. Less teams. Cities combining to make teams. It was even less profitable for anyone to be a football player than it was in the 70's and certainly to the way things are now. The game was much, much different even from the 70's and beyond. All i know is that right now all anyone cares about is Super Bowls and I'd say the same if I were a Browns diehard.

So sure, if we take your argument to it's logical conclusion we should kick guys like Jim Thorpe and Red Grange out of the HOF, because by today's standards, they sucked- Thorpe would have been at best an undersized KR.

The playing field was level, and if anything the (available) talent was less diluted, so it was harder to win. And if it was so freaking easy- go explain away how the Steelers sucked from their inception until 1972. History is history, and you're in denial about yours- except the all important (to your mind) recent part of it.

EDIT: Let's say for fun we shrink the current NFL down to say 16 or so teams like there were back in the 60's- all of a sudden we have ONLY the top two teams out of each division in the league- and guys like Suh, Joe Thomas, and Joe Hayden aren't playing for the Browns or Lions- they're playing for someone else. And if you think the Steelers could suck up all that extra talent on your team- I think not. So it would be a LOT harder to win consistently in a smaller league.

It will be real funny in 10 years or so when they inaugurate the "World Bowl" and I'm waiting for the day we can rag on the Steelers that they haven't won squat in the new format. But-but-but- I can hear it already- a Championship is a Championship. :lol:

BTW, the Packers have you beat in NFL Championships- and I dare you to start trolling on a Green Bay forum to tell them they don't.

So sure, if we take your argument to it's logical conclusion we should kick guys like Jim Thorpe and Red Grange out of the HOF, because by today's standards, they sucked- Thorpe would have been at best an undersized KR.

The playing field was level, and if anything the (available) talent was less diluted, so it was harder to win. And if it was so freaking easy- go explain away how the Steelers sucked from their inception until 1972. History is history, and you're in denial about yours- except the all important (to your mind) recent part of it.

EDIT: Let's say for fun we shrink the current NFL down to say 16 or so teams like there were back in the 60's- all of a sudden we have ONLY the top two teams out of each division in the league- and guys like Suh, Joe Thomas, and Joe Hayden aren't playing for the Browns or Lions- they're playing for someone else. And if you think the Steelers could suck up all that extra talent on your team- I think not. So it would be a LOT harder to win consistently in a smaller league.

It will be real funny in 10 years or so when they inaugurate the "World Bowl" and I'm waiting for the day we can rag on the Steelers that they haven't won squat in the new format. But-but-but- I can hear it already- a Championship is a Championship. :lol:

BTW, the Packers have you beat in NFL Championships- and I dare you to start trolling on a Green Bay forum to tell them they don't.

Never said it was easy but the talent pool was more diluted and I already alluded that there were plenty of exceptional talents during that time. My point was there aren't many people that care about anything besides Super Bowl wins. It's the measuring stick for franchise success here and now. I won't deny the greatness of the Browns during that time but those NFL championships don't equate to Super Bowls and that's my point. I'd say the same if I were a Browns fan. As far as the Steelers are concerned there is a certain formula in place with that organization from the top all the way down. The team drafts well consistently. Doesn't over pay free agents and hangs on to their coaches. It's a way of life for the Steelers and I sincerely doubt you'll see a period any time soon where they aren't near the top as long as that formula is followed continuously. Look how many rookies weren't and haven't been rushed in to the line up but rather were allowed to develop behind veterans. Timmons didn't get thrown in the line up and look at him now. Ziggy Hood, hell even Troy Polamalu. Worilds is behind Woodley and Harrison and may not see significant time until Harrison is done. Mike Wallace, Sanders, Brown. They traded Holmes for a 5th round pick because he was a PR/moral nightmare and people flipped out. However that trade turned in to Bryant McFadden and Antonio Brown. A starting corner and a emerging WR this year as a rookie. You're going to be waiting a long time to rag on the Steelers.

"I won't deny the greatness of the Browns during that time but those NFL championships don't equate to Super Bowls and that's my point".

A championship in the 50's,60's is no less greather than the superbowl and your just plain conning yourself to believe otherwise...I dare you to walk up to any of those great players and tell them thier championship was less meaningful...They name has changed and the game has changed and I seriousely doubt the players of today could take the ass kicking those guys dished out. If Big Ben played back themn I guarantee you he wouldnt have survived the season with the allegations that were brought against him. He would be sitting at home recovering from cracked ribs or something...If you dont believe it...Ask Jim Brown how defenses piled up on him and punched and kicked and spit on him in the pile ups yet still came back and dominated...your smokin seriouse crack dude.

Never said it was easy but the talent pool was more diluted and I already alluded that there were plenty of exceptional talents during that time. My point was there aren't many people that care about anything besides Super Bowl wins. It's the measuring stick for franchise success here and now. I won't deny the greatness of the Browns during that time but those NFL championships don't equate to Super Bowls and that's my point. I'd say the same if I were a Browns fan. As far as the Steelers are concerned there is a certain formula in place with that organization from the top all the way down. The team drafts well consistently. Doesn't over pay free agents and hangs on to their coaches. It's a way of life for the Steelers and I sincerely doubt you'll see a period any time soon where they aren't near the top as long as that formula is followed continuously. Look how many rookies weren't and haven't been rushed in to the line up but rather were allowed to develop behind veterans. Timmons didn't get thrown in the line up and look at him now. Ziggy Hood, hell even Troy Polamalu. Worilds is behind Woodley and Harrison and may not see significant time until Harrison is done. Mike Wallace, Sanders, Brown. They traded Holmes for a 5th round pick because he was a PR/moral nightmare and people flipped out. However that trade turned in to Bryant McFadden and Antonio Brown. A starting corner and a emerging WR this year as a rookie. You're going to be waiting a long time to rag on the Steelers.

Homo is a bandwagon moron.

"I won't deny the greatness of the Browns during that time but those NFL championships don't equate to Super Bowls and that's my point".

A championship in the 50's,60's is no less greather than the superbowl and your just plain conning yourself to believe otherwise...I dare you to walk up to any of those great players and tell them thier championship was less meaningful...They name has changed and the game has changed and I seriousely doubt the players of today could take the ass kicking those guys dished out. If Big Ben played back themn I guarantee you he wouldnt have survived the season with the allegations that were brought against him. He would be sitting at home recovering from cracked ribs or something...If you dont believe it...Ask Jim Brown how defenses piled up on him and punched and kicked and spit on him in the pile ups yet still came back and dominated...your smokin seriouse crack dude.

I'm not going to get in to a troll battle here but NFL Championships and Super Bowls are not synonymous and whats with the "I dare you bullsh.it" ? I'm also not questioning their toughness but the talent level is definitely different and with the rule changes the game has become more difficult not less difficult. And Diehard a bandwagon fan? Born and raised in Western PA, not sure where Bandwagon works in to that one. It should also be noted that the ONLY reason people are butt hurt about my comments is because the Browns don't have any Super Bowls but have plenty NFL championships. I respect the Browns franchise. You don't need to reach in every direction for some sort of legitimacy.

EDIT: and there is absolutely nothing moronic about what I said that you chose to quote. Prove otherwise. I DARE YOU! lol

Look if you ask any Steeler player about the Browns playing in the AAFC and their Title games back in the day they will tell you that those games during those times were tough but nothing like a Super Bowl.

The Browns should have at least shown up once to the big game since its inception. This is Super Bowl 45 after all.

Prediction:

Steelers 35 Pack 17

Look if you ask any Steeler player about the Browns playing in the AAFC and their Title games back in the day they will tell you that those games during those times were tough but nothing like a Super Bowl.

The Browns should have at least shown up once to the big game since its inception. This is Super Bowl 45 after all.

Prediction:

Steelers 35 Pack 17

Ok Mr Knowitall, please explain how the Championship games were nothing like the Super Bowl. I beg you to come up with one viable reason.

Super Bowl 45 and year 11 as a franchise. We'll make it there, maybe even faster than the 40 years it took Pisspuke to win a championship (against inferior talent to boot).

Year eleven? you mean to tell me that the Browns franchise has only been around for eleven years? If so then you can't claim those titles back in the day. It took 40 years for the Steelers to get there and it's been 45 years and you have never been there. But once we got there we sort of made it our goal every year to be back and with a 7th Lombardi in our reach we have done a super job!

Year eleven? you mean to tell me that the Browns franchise has only been around for eleven years? If so then you can't claim those titles back in the day. It took 40 years for the Steelers to get there and it's been 45 years and you have never been there. But once we got there we sort of made it our goal every year to be back and with a 7th Lombardi in our reach we have done a super job!

Notice that he completely dodged my question. Pussy.

If the talent level was so shitty why was it so hard for the Steelers to win a game for 40 years?

Yeah nothing to say... If you do it'll likely be more denial.

Umm because the Steelers were terrible? Isn't that usually why teams lose games and lose games on a consistent basis?

Archived