THE BROWNS BOARD

Go Packers!

BrownsFan4Evr

3-4 day injury for Pouncey? It looked like he broke his leg.

And agreed about Ben making it back to the SB- PR nightmare for the league. And look for the national sentiment to be favoring the REAL America's team- the Packers. Plus the Pack will be underdogs, just like the Saints last year.

Oh, the Steelers will have their share of FRAKS rooting for them- but they're the same bozos who were rooting for the 49ers when they were great.

Packers are actually favored in Vegas by I believe 3. I also expect the Steelers to go to Arlington and play Steeler football. Despite the second half meltdown thanks to a couple of bad turnovers we still imposed our will on the Jets. We were down Pouncey and technically both starting tackles despite Flozell doing a damn good job at RT. Mendenhall still ran all over that defense. Ben despite his stat line still had ONE HELL of a game with several huge 3rd down conversions on both his arm and his legs. Is Aaron Rodgers a great QB? Do the Packers have a nice defense? Absolutely but the Steelers are battled tested. The Steelers have THE BEST defense in the league and one hell of a gamer at QB. Pittsburgh will once again make their opposition one dimensional and pin their ears back and go after Rodgers. I'm still trying to figure out why everyone seems to think Rodgers is Super Man all of the sudden. He still hasn't faced the Steelers in the playoffs AND it's his first big dance. It should be a good game but for some to doubt the Steelers is laughably short sighted.

I think we hoist the 7th but I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks. No offense scares me with our defense and yes Pouncey said after the game that he's dealt with this injury before and he knows "how to attack it" He was asked if he felt he'd be out a few weeks and he said "try 3 or 4 days" so apparently he thinks he's going to come back much sooner than later. He has a high ankle sprain for those that don't know. We're definitely going to need him because Raji is a beast.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be pissed too if my biggest rival just won more playoff games in the last 7 years than my team won in the last 60 YEARS!!!

I did get a chuckle.....but it could be more playoff games then we have won in the last 2-3 years....that's bad enough.

I am kind of split on this Superbowl.

I sort of like the Packers, but still hold some hard feelings since they beat us in the 65 championship game and clobbered us in the regular season the following year.

I almost always root for the AFC and suspect I will be rooting for you come gameday. Unlike some of my brothers over here, I can root for the Steelers because you are AFC North and AFC.

Good luck in the big game.

To all the Braylon haters... I actually had the other emotion going last night..."what if"

I liked Mangini...thought we should have let him finish what he started...but...

I couldn't help thinking last night...what if we had hired someone else back in 09...kept BE,KW, drafted Sanchez?

Would we really have been 5-11 and 5-11?

Two officiated calls had me laughing last night. First was the pass interferance call, that was then ruled not a pass interferance because the infraction occurred before the ball was thrown? What??? So if your guy jukes you with a double move and busts past you, you can now tackle him and it is only a 5-yard penalty. Well, only if you are the Steelers, that is.

The second was the Steelers getting stuffed a good two yards from the first down marker, and they chaotically scramble toward the line in a very ill-advised sense to go for it on 4th down. The official looks to the Steeler sideline, then calls an officials time-out to measure. The rest of the refs play along, the bloke with the yard-marker even stands the usual yard or two inside the ball before stretching the down-marker ... then he walks ... and walks ... and walks ... finally, planting the pole six+ feet away from the ball. Has anyone in all the years of football seen such a blantant misuse of an official time-out for a measure? Only in a Steeler game, benefitting the Steelers and allowing them to regroup, collect themselves, and then throw a pass on the next play that went for an INT ... doh!

Two officiated calls had me laughing last night. First was the pass interferance call, that was then ruled not a pass interferance because the infraction occurred before the ball was thrown? What??? So if your guy jukes you with a double move and busts past you, you can now tackle him and it is only a 5-yard penalty. Well, only if you are the Steelers, that is.

The second was the Steelers getting stuffed a good two yards from the first down marker, and they chaotically scramble toward the line in a very ill-advised sense to go for it on 4th down. The official looks to the Steeler sideline, then calls an officials time-out to measure. The rest of the refs play along, the bloke with the yard-marker even stands the usual yard or two inside the ball before stretching the down-marker ... then he walks ... and walks ... and walks ... finally, planting the pole six+ feet away from the ball. Has anyone in all the years of football seen such a blantant misuse of an official time-out for a measure? Only in a Steeler game, benefitting the Steelers and allowing them to regroup, collect themselves, and then throw a pass on the next play that went for an INT ... doh!

What was even more shady was the 3 reffs smothering the view of the ball so even the cameras couldnt get a good shot on it...hilariouse.

Pouncey said after the game that he's dealt with this injury before and he knows "how to attack it" He was asked if he felt he'd be out a few weeks and he said "try 3 or 4 days" so apparently he thinks he's going to come back much sooner than later. He has a high ankle sprain for those that don't know. We're definitely going to need him because Raji is a beast.

Mhmm...he'll be all jacked up with roids in no time Im sure.

I'd love to hear a sensible explanation for that. Made NO sense. None.

Years ago I would root for our division champ all the way through the Super Bowl. My reasoning was that if a division team won it all, it would reflect well on our team since our season included games against the best in the league. This was back in the day when fans of our division opponents knew how to be gracious winners.

Go Packers.

No wonder this place is such a side show! With a leader like you who is the only douchebag in the entire world who could see that as a benefit to the Steelers, it's no wonder!

The Steelers were trying to hurry up and catch the Jets sleeping and the ref had to make sure to stop the rout pissing off every Steeler fan in the world! It was the worst case I have ever seen of the refs controlling a game.

You're a complete douche!

LOL, you are an idiot!! You only hurry to the line and quick snap if you are inches from a first down. What was Ben gonna do, a QB sneak for 2+ yards??? The Refs clearly realized that the Steelers had no clue that they were YARDS away from a first down and they called an official time-out to make them realize it and allowed them to re-group.

Congrats to the Packers & Steelers. No "luck outs" in the Super Bowl this year. They are two tough football Teams!

I actually was also rooting for the Steelers yesterday as I DESPISE the Jets. I thought it was comical that there was no trash talking from Cromartie & Rexie this past week....maybe a little "fear"?

All that being said, I'm pulling for the Pack even though it makes me sick watching Clay M III wearing colors that ain't Brown & Orange.

Mike

That's exactly what he was going to do...........why do you think Ben was so pissed off? Or did you even watch the game or just wait till it was over and make up shit like you usually do?

Even Big Bens big fat elongated head couldn't have reached that first down marker. the Refs tried to save him the embarrassment. Everyone watching knew that scrambling to run a QB sneak from that distance was ill-advised and the Refs saved his ass. Just beacuse Big Gay Ben looked all dazzled, confused, and frumpy after the measurement doesn't mean that the Refs didn't save his hide - he was just the only one stupid enough to attempt to pull that off, but daddy saved him (again).

Yeah I guess so..........Stan and Zombo think it shows us nasty Steeler fans who is boss. They don't think it shows their bitter immaturity at all..........but it's okay.

I rather like this new name, it has a nice ring to it.

And some people wonder why this place is a side show comedy routine?

Yeah, I'm sure the questioning of a stupid officiated call is the reason for the side show comedy routine, and not that a dozen Steeler fans make permanent residence here only to bitch daily about the Browns Homerism.

Did anyone else notice that when the camera's last night panned into the audience at Pittsburgh that it looked like a cross between scenes from 'Escape from NY', and Michael Jackson's Thriller video?

I noticed. That inbreeding has led to some unbelievable mutations.

Congrats to the Packers & Steelers. No "luck outs" in the Super Bowl this year. They are two tough football Teams!

I actually was also rooting for the Steelers yesterday as I DESPISE the Jets. I thought it was comical that there was no trash talking from Cromartie & Rexie this past week....maybe a little "fear"? Canton Mike

You were rooting for the squeelers? I'm goin to get my welder and "fix" your favorite fudge pan ! :angry: ... (GGG)

I wanted the dumb jets to go, so they would lose there, and Braylon would drop passes in the superbowl and be responsible for the loss.

Then we could write to him, and tell him we're still delighted he's gone.

All that being said, I'm pulling for the Pack even though it makes me sick watching Clay M III wearing colors that ain't Brown & Orange.

Canton Mike

Again and again "we should have drafted that guy...dammit" What a big mistake. He should have been with the Browns.

I actually was also rooting for the Steelers yesterday as I DESPISE the Jets. I thought it was comical that there was no trash talking from Cromartie & Rexie this past week....maybe a little "fear"? Canton Mike

You were rooting for the squeelers? I'm goin to get my welder and "fix" your favorite fudge pan ! :angry: ... (GGG)

I wanted the dumb jets to go, so they would lose there, and Braylon would drop passes in the superbowl and be responsible for the loss.

Then we could write to him, and tell him we're still delighted he's gone.

Canton Mike

Again and again "we should have drafted that guy...dammit" What a big mistake. He should have been with the Browns.

Here's the deal Mike....I RESPECT (note that I didn't say "like") the Steelers...I DO NOT respect trash talking, back flipping, big mouth coached crap like the Jets. BTW, I think the Packers will beat the Steelers.

Hey, lay OFF my fudge pan! :P

Mike

i'm rooting for the packers for other reasons than the fact that they are playing the steelers. for starters, the packers have always been my second favorite team in the league. i liked brett favre growing up and always rooted for them. secondly, and most importantly, i picked the pack to win it all at the beginning of the season and am sticking with them. i think they have a good shot of winning it all.

I do NOT respect the squeelers, they suck, they duck, they truck, they schmuck, and they cheapshot and give their special wwf referees great big smoochies.... ^_^

And your fudge pan is broken. The whole top broke off, I think.

I need to weld a plate of aluminum onto the top of it, and fix it so nothin can fall out of it... @@

Man, I really want to see the Packers win. How bad would that chap Favre's ass? He goes out in shame after a terrible season while being mired in controversy for texting his weenie and harassing massage therapists while his wife is battling Cancer, all the while, his former team that "dissed" him wins the Superbowl. That would have to put a pretty big chink in that huge ego of his.

i'm rooting for the packers for other reasons than the fact that they are playing the steelers. for starters, the packers have always been my second favorite team in the league. i liked brett favre growing up and always rooted for them. secondly, and most importantly, i picked the pack to win it all at the beginning of the season and am sticking with them. i think they have a good shot of winning it all.

Must be a Canton thing...I picked the Packers at the start of the season too. I would like to make a correct prediction at least ONCE in my life!

Mike

I do NOT respect the squeelers, they suck, they duck, they truck, they schmuck, and they cheapshot and give their special wwf referees great big smoochies.... ^_^

And your fudge pan is broken. The whole top broke off, I think.

I need to weld a plate of aluminum onto the top of it, and fix it so nothin can fall out of it... @@

Remember, I know where you live. At least your Wife & Dog are nice! :rolleyes:

Mike

You'd better check those records, you idiot!

Yes, I checked them again. The Steelers have won 10 playoff games in the last 7 years that Mr. Roethlisberger has been the QB. The Browns have won only 9 playoff games since 1951. This is 2011. 2011-1951 = 60 years. 10>9. Hence, Ben and the Steelers have won more playoff games in the past 7 years than the Browns franchise has won in 60 years.

You idiot.

Yes, I checked them again. The Steelers have won 10 playoff games in the last 7 years that Mr. Roethlisberger has been the QB. The Browns have won only 9 playoff games since 1951. This is 2011. 2011-1951 = 60 years. 10>9. Hence, Ben and the Steelers have won more playoff games in the past 7 years than the Browns franchise has won in 60 years.

You idiot.

Can't be, football didn't exist before 1967,

Your hatred blinds you. The Steelers got screwed by that measurement. They've run that exactly play several times in recent weeks, including last week in the playoffs. Ben hurried to the line, called a sneak and picked up the 1st down before the defense had time to sub in it's short yardage defense. This time Hochuli screwed the Steelers by measuring the 1st down even though the Steelers were 6 feet short. You could see Ben and Tomlin shaking their head in disgust as the extra time benefitted the Jets. Keep on hating and looking for conspiracies though. Why no mention of the awful over-turned Heath Miller catch? Hand was clearly under the ball, and 2 refs saw it live saw him make the grab.

What time do the Browns play in 2 weeks Stain?

Can't be, football didn't exist before 1967,

Modern day professional football didn't exits until 1967, true. However there were two upstart leagues comprised of part time athletes back in the olden days that took time away from their real jobs to play football to earn a couple of extra bucks. They even had mythical championships that were earned without a real playoff system, and being that there were multiple league, several teams could claim they win a title at the end of the season. Hell, even the New York Yankees had a football way team back then.

Archived