THE BROWNS BOARD

Yesterdays Interviews, My thought

Guest JoeyBagofDonuts

Guest JoeyBagofDonuts

Shurmur gets hired as head coach. Great. During the interview a couple things stuck out to me that started making me think. He lets everyone know he will be calling his plays, like some HC do, but its seems to me that this sets up for a Holgrem stepping in more as coach. Maybe not on the sidelines but maybe as an everyday practice, tapes, schemes guy. Shurmur is in Holgrem connections, maybe Big Mike said I'll groom you and teach you all I know to become a head coach and we'll work together but you can call your own plays and be a glorified OC. I find it hard to hire a good OC when the head coach will be calling the plays and undermining all the weeks work. Just my thought, anyone else see it like this, or any OC we might be going after now???

Shurmur gets hired as head coach. Great. During the interview a couple things stuck out to me that started making me think. He lets everyone know he will be calling his plays, like some HC do, but its seems to me that this sets up for a Holgrem stepping in more as coach. Maybe not on the sidelines but maybe as an everyday practice, tapes, schemes guy. Shurmur is in Holgrem connections, maybe Big Mike said I'll groom you and teach you all I know to become a head coach and we'll work together but you can call your own plays and be a glorified OC. I find it hard to hire a good OC when the head coach will be calling the plays and undermining all the weeks work. Just my thought, anyone else see it like this, or any OC we might be going after now???

Gips clone

Gips clone

Actually i dont see it that way at all, i like the idea of shurm initially calling the plays as a matter of fact i like the shurmurator, honestly this coming year is likely going to test this frustrated fanbases mettle as real change starts to take hold but we should see progress and have a general idea where we are going as the season progresses...

You might be taking the clone thing off of one of my earlier posts when i realized gruden wasnt coming and i could not find anything on shurmur i kinda freaked out, im quite comfortable with coach shurmur now and i think this regime will change everything for the better but not overnight..

not good to have 2 HC basically.

gonna be problems down the road.

Truly an ignorant fan and ignorant post...jeezus!

I don't understand why everyone keeps coming up with senarios for Holmgren to coach the browns. We Just hired a coach! His name is Pat Shurmur! Holmgren has stated time and time again that he will not interfere but will offer any help when asked. So the team will be run by Shurmur, and since both guys run the WCO, Holmgren will be able to offer more help than he could with Mangini...

I take it some people really don't believe that Holmgren is going to let his coaches coach, and not interfere with any of the playcalling or other aspects of the team. Sure he is there as a very important and valuable sounding board and mentor. But to think he is wired in on gameday is the exact opposite of what he stated is his plan. But I guess some of you know better than Mike.

I take it some people really don't believe that Holmgren is going to let his coaches coach, and not interfere with any of the playcalling or other aspects of the team. Sure he is there as a very important and valuable sounding board and mentor. But to think he is wired in on gameday is the exact opposite of what he stated is his plan. But I guess some of you know better than Mike.

It's pretty plain though Holmgren hired a guy who will do it "his way". And I really think MH is going to be a lot more involved (as the original post suggested).

Shurmur will be as good as his wrs are. The Rams' sucked. If we're going to run a West coast O we better have the horses to run it.

Archived