THE BROWNS BOARD

Pat Shurmur Hired As New Cleveland Browns Head Coach

TheClevelandSound

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Difference being, the DAY Mangini was hired, the bitching started, and never stopped even though many areas of the team improved despite the lack of depth and talent......

I just wonder if the right move wouldn't have been to give it 1 more year to add players and to give McCoy a full year to develope. If then no progress then pull the trigger.

Daboll is apparently fired.

Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Brian Daboll has been fired according to Daniel Wolf of The Dawg Scooper. Wolf reports that Daboll was seem taking boxes to his car.

Wolf reports that Daboll never listened to advice from Browns president Mike Holmgren or Browns senior advisor to the president Gil Haskell.

Mary Kay Cabot of The Cleveland Plain-Dealer is reporting that Holmgren has not ruled out adding himself as the Browns head coach.

If Holmgren becomes the head coach, Haskell would probably be named the offensive coordinator. There also have been rumors that Ray Rhodes would be named the defensive coordinator.

Adam Caplan of FOXSports reported that Daboll could replace Charlie Weis in Kansas City. Weis is leaving to become the offensive coordinator of the Florida Gators.

dawgscooperreport

so if it's a guy YOU like the timetable can be stretched. shurmur and holmgren get what 3 years/4?

No to go all political or anything, but this reminds me of 08. MOAN MOAN MOAN CRY CRY CRY, then when the guy THEY want is put in, "STOP CRYING" LOL! Its double standard and I want what I want all the time or I will stomp my feet and throw a fit till everyone gets sick of hearing it. But you had better not do the same.

Im just glad we finally hired someone from the offensive side of the ball instead of one of these control freak defensive coordinators that go into a shell on offense.

Well we will see.......

I will say he is a better hire than a Crennel or a Butch.

Meanwhile all of us can continue to wait on a shot at the playoffs

Start the music Mistro.....

Butch with a GM would have been dangerous.....IMO of course.

I'd say LaMonte's very wealthy. :) I Haven't heard anything bad about him, so that's a plus. But IMHO it's a little more than coincidence H&H hire another LaMonte guy.

No doubt, but good demands compensation.

http://www.psr-inc.net/

People are still overlooking the biggest thing.

Next years combined opponents records is 98-104.

We will have success. Just like in 2007.

and then blow for another 3 years. good reasoning. so let's say 2014 we blow up everything again and start all over because we had the one 'phantom' year (like i'm guessing all these this years' kcs, st. louiss tampa bays etc. will have) because of strength of schedule? yeah o.k.

BTW i don't think our schedule next year is as easy as you make it out to be. if we go 7-9 i'll be surprised.

I guess Shurmur is okay, but I still would have preferred Fewell. The Giant's defense is consistently "pretty good/really good." The Rams' offense under Shurmur peaked at 26th in the league. Sure he was only there for 2 years, but we obviously didn't judge Mangini using the "he's only been there two years" logic.

I guess Shurmur is okay, but I still would have preferred Fewell. The Giant's defense is consistently "pretty good/really good." The Rams' offense under Shurmur peaked at 26th in the league. Sure he was only there for 2 years, but we obviously didn't judge Mangini using the "he's only been there two years" logic.

not disagreeing........BUT look at the talent on their DL compared to ours. every year you can name a pro bowler. how about us????

more to do with FO player pick ups via draft or FA.

Just wondering, with the exception of Bill Walsh's teams, how many WCO's have won the super bowl??? What is the percentage???

Also, how long before Grossi and Cabot write articles asking how many wins does Shurmur need to keep his job - (not how many wins it'll take to win the division or get into the playoffs)..

I'll sign off on this pick as soon as we know who the coordinators will be..

As I said previously, the head coach is the face of the team but the coordinators are the bread and butter.

Peace

T.Dawg

not disagreeing........BUT look at the talent on their DL compared to ours. every year you can name a pro bowler. how about us????

more to do with FO player pick ups via draft or FA.

Rubin could be a Pro-Bowler. Same with Haden if he had started the whole year. Heck, maybe even a vet type guy like Fujita minus the injury.

We don't have any depth so, until we get some, any pro-bowl calibre players we may or may not have will be impossible to spot because of our all too frquent injuries limiting them to less than a full season of healthy play.

The fact that Shumur is an OFFENSIVE experienced HC... is great.

Holmgren and Heckert know so much more than a lot of folks - even in the NFL,

that this new hc should have everybody optimistic bigtime.

This next year depends on how RT, #1 WR, and the pass rush is handled in the draft and/or FA.

Anything else is icing on the cake.

Make the right moves, and the Browns surprise everybody next year,

because the list of dire needs is pretty short, unlike the really long list in the past.

Rubin could be a Pro-Bowler. Same with Haden if he had started the whole year. Heck, maybe even a vet type guy like Fujita minus the injury.

We don't have any depth so, until we get some, any pro-bowl calibre players we may or may not have will be impossible to spot because of our all too frquent injuries limiting them to less than a full season of healthy play.

pass rush (in comparison)???

I like the hire of Shurmur. Now we need some REAL Coordinators, especially Defense Coordinator. I think that our having 2 highly knowledgeable football guys running things will help. The teams they came from were successful on BOTH sides of the ball, so I have to believe they'll be looking for solid Assistants. I am really confident that we will see a much more balanced Brown's Team on the field.

Nice to see "fresh blood" who came from years of learning from winners coming here to Cleveland.

Mike

I like the hire of Shurmur. Now we need some REAL Coordinators, especially Defense Coordinator. I think that our having 2 highly knowledgeable football guys running things will help. The teams they came from were successful on BOTH sides of the ball, so I have to believe they'll be looking for solid Assistants. I am really confident that we will see a much more balanced Brown's Team on the field.

Nice to see "fresh blood" who came from years of learning from winners coming here to Cleveland.

Mike

pass rush (in comparison)???

What? You asked me to give you someone on our defense that could be a frequent pro-bowler calibre player. I did. But, no, comparison implies that we have a pass rush.

The fact that Shumur is an OFFENSIVE experienced HC... is great.

why?

Holmgren and Heckert know so much more than a lot of folks - even in the NFL,

that this new hc should have everybody optimistic bigtime.

really?? i believe in heckerts player picks more than fat boy's skills as of recent years.

This next year depends on how RT, #1 WR, and the pass rush is handled in the draft and/or FA.

agree

because the list of dire needs is pretty short, unlike the really long list in the past.

and if you believe that then what head coach do you have to thank??

What? You asked me to give you someone on our defense that could be a frequent pro-bowler calibre player. I did. But, no, comparison implies that we have a pass rush.

we had no pass rush from anyone except when we bltzed a cb or linebacker. giants have de's and dl's that have been known for years and a couple of their linebackers are household names. no argument. just saying.

Archived