THE BROWNS BOARD

Thanks to Cincy and Oakland

YtownBrownsBacker

With wins today by Cincy and Oakland the Browns, I believe moved up to #5 in the draft and Curry may have just fallen into their laps.

It doesn't matter who the new coach is, Curry can play inside in the 3-4 or outside in the 4-3.

Guest Aloysius
if only seattle had won...

Feel the same way. Then we would have been able to auction off Crabtree to the highest bidder.

I think we stay at pick #5 and take Curry. Safe, solid move.

I'd almost trade down to the early teens to get Maualuga and an extra two to take Hakeem Nicks and an OLB (Sintim?).

You should be able to get more then just a #2 to trade down. I also believe we will get some additional picks for Anderson.

Guest Aloysius

It's very hard to trade down from a top five pick. Teams are understandably leery of giving up picks to draft a guy who'll demand a huge rookie contract.

Maybe a team could fall in love with Crabtree & make us a generous offer, but I don't think he'll still be on the board at pick #5.

There probably isn't a franchise QB to justify the trade-up, and there are too many good OT's available in this draft for a team to fall in love with just one.

So I'm guessing we'll be stuck at 5. Not a bad thing, assuming Aaron Curry's still on the board.

A question for the Beanie/Maualuga/Laurinaitis fans: do you think your favorite guy's worth a top five pick? I'm genuinely curious about how high you value these guys.

It's very hard to trade down from a top five pick. Teams are understandably leery of giving up picks to draft a guy who'll demand a huge rookie contract.

Maybe a team could fall in love with Crabtree & make us a generous offer, but I don't think he'll still be on the board at pick #5.

There probably isn't a franchise QB to justify the trade-up, and there are too many good OT's available in this draft for a team to fall in love with just one.

So I'm guessing we'll be stuck at 5. Not a bad thing, assuming Aaron Curry's still on the board.

A question for the Beanie/Maualuga/Laurinaitis fans: do you think your favorite guy's worth a top five pick? I'm genuinely curious about how high you value these guys.

Al, I think Beans values at #5 along with Curry, but not Reymont or Lil Animal.

A trade down would be nice to grab JL, but I agree with you that those top 5 contracts are killers on trad ups.

A healthy Beanie is worth #5 that is the million dollar question. is he a health risk or are we just to sensitive about it. If I could have a looking glass, and only be able to see that he is going to be basically healthy over his career, then Beannie is my pick hands down.

Archived