THE BROWNS BOARD

Baltimore-Pittsburgh

RavensFan1996

I'll bet all of them. Watching the Steelers is the closest thing they can get to the playoffs.

Congrats on your new coach - did Holmgren explain to this guy that he has to play the Steelers and Ravens twice a year? That west coast shit doesn't work in cold weather DUH!

It worked for Green Bay when they ran it and won a SB with it. The Eagles have run it the whole time under Andy Reid in Philly...went to 4 conf. title games and a SB. None of those places are tropical paradises. There may be others as well.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quotes from the gipper in bold:

Except we know all this, and understand it, and no, we are not happy about it.

but unfortunately, you don't! EVERY offseason we Steeler fans who frequent this board have to hear how "so and so is the piece we needed to dominate, we're definately going to the superbowl now!". never do we hear you're gonna make slow steady improvement or that your shooting for a winning season.

no, we hear how your gonna dominate for the next decade.................until you lose the first 5 games of just about every season...............then we start hearing you come back to earth. so no, i don't think you understand just how crappy your team is.

Why are you so bitter/classless...however you want to describe it as to feel the necessity to do that?

for the reason stated above. everyone loves a underdog story(which the browns could be)...........no one likes a person that blows themself up to epic proportions only to fail time and time again with equally epic proportions.

You are ignorant if you don't think the fans haven't already taken all those steps.

Or maybe it is just not within our character to abandon our team....even after long many years of poor performance (as it is in yours)

OH YES YOU FREAKIN HAVE ABANDONED YOUR TEAM!!! or do i really need to post some shots of your deserted stadium (save for pockets of Steeler fans) at halftime against your division rival?

you guys DID abandon your team, and of all the things you could have done to protest............leaving your team on the field while they still had a chance to win is the one that is completely unforgivable.

you want to hurt the owners?

cancel your season tickets.

stop buying merchandise.

bury them in letters/petitions/email.

you want to hurt the actual players on the team you say you all support so much?

can't think of anything worse you could do than what was done.

so don't you EVER try that again. you lost your "well, we have a crappy team but we're supper fans and stick by them through thick and thin" card when you let your team come out to an almost entirely hostile home field that day.

think those players might remember that?

i do.

FYI to help you all pick who to "root" for (or against) in this game

Ravens- criminals who stole your team

Steelers- One of only two teams that voted against the relocation to Baltimore

I'm just sayin'

You do notice that you have 58 posts and absolutely no thanked posts? That speaks for itself.

quotes from the gipper in bold:

Except we know all this, and understand it, and no, we are not happy about it.

but unfortunately, you don't! EVERY offseason we Steeler fans who frequent this board have to hear how "so and so is the piece we needed to dominate, we're definately going to the superbowl now!". never do we hear you're gonna make slow steady improvement or that your shooting for a winning season.

I don't know what you are reading on this board. It must only be selective threads because MOST of the threads on this board do exactly what you say isn't being done. Maybe you simply ignore all that because it isn't done in the mode of Steeler troll baiting...which is the only thing you pay attention to. I would imagine that it would be mundane for you to read about the slow steady improvement threads of the Cleveland Browns. Just because you don't pay attention doesn't mean they don't exist.

no, we hear how your gonna dominate for the next decade.................until you lose the first 5 games of just about every season...............then we start hearing you come back to earth. so no, i don't think you understand just how crappy your team is.

I think, here, typically you exhibit classical Steeler fan cluelessness. NO one understands better how bad things have been here.

Maybe there is some hopefullness expressed about the future of this team. Yet you somehow feel that is a flaw amongst Browns fans expressions.

Why are you so bitter/classless...however you want to describe it as to feel the necessity to do that?

for the reason stated above. everyone loves a underdog story(which the browns could be)...........no one likes a person that blows themself up to epic proportions only to fail time and time again with equally epic proportions.

Well, at least you have admitted indeed that you are bitter and classless. Again, I think you are seeing only what you want to see. 10,000 words can be written here on a subject, yet you will only focus on the 10 words that fit your delusion.

You are ignorant if you don't think the fans haven't already taken all those steps.

Or maybe it is just not within our character to abandon our team....even after long many years of poor performance (as it is in yours)

OH YES YOU FREAKIN HAVE ABANDONED YOUR TEAM!!! or do i really need to post some shots of your deserted stadium (save for pockets of Steeler fans) at halftime against your division rival?

you guys DID abandon your team, and of all the things you could have done to protest............leaving your team on the field while they still had a chance to win is the one that is completely unforgivable.

you want to hurt the owners?

cancel your season tickets.

stop buying merchandise.

bury them in letters/petitions/email.

you want to hurt the actual players on the team you say you all support so much?

can't think of anything worse you could do than what was done.

so don't you EVER try that again. you lost your "well, we have a crappy team but we're supper fans and stick by them through thick and thin" card when you let your team come out to an almost entirely hostile home field that day.

think those players might remember that?

i do.

You know why we don't do those things? Because we are loyal. Plain and simple. We are not so gutless as to do those things.

Don't buy tickets? Don't buy merchandise?

That would be the plan of a typical fair weather fan base.

Those would be the actions of a fan base composed of a bunch of FRAKs like the Steeler fan base.

Despite your stupid statement above the Browns fans have by no means abandoned their team.

"You know why we don't do those things? Because we are loyal. Plain and simple. We are not so gutless as to do those things.

Those would be the actions of a fan base composed of a bunch of FRAKs like the Steeler fan base.

Despite your stupid statement above the Browns fans have by no means abandoned their team. "

as i said before.............no you're not. you don't get to say that anymore. i saw your stadium empty like a old man's bowels after a jug of prune juice.

and that did NOTHING but hurt your players.

you did abandon your team. end of discussion.

now at least that you guys ARE abandoning your team at least do it to the owners and not the players.

but one thing your fanbase can never claim again is that it sticks by it's team through thick and thin............hell, you guys couldn't even stick by your team though halftime.

"You know why we don't do those things? Because we are loyal. Plain and simple. We are not so gutless as to do those things.

Despite your stupid statement above the Browns fans have by no means abandoned their team. "

as i said before.............no you're not. you don't get to say that anymore. i saw your stadium empty like a old man's bowels after a jug of prune juice.

now at least that you guys ARE abandoning your team at least do it to the owners and not the players.

but one thing your fanbase can never claim again is that it sticks by it's team through thick and thin............hell, you guys couldn't even stick by your team though halftime.

Like Heinz Field during the early part of the third quarter against the Patriots???

F88K you. That is bullshit. So, most fans left the last game of the season when they were completely out of the game....and after 10 years of crap football.

What about the time the Steeler faithful only put 35,000 in their stadium....this being only 2 years afte winning the SB....and while they were still in contention for a playoff spot. Talk about a fan base abandoning their team at the slightest hint of bad fortune. If Steeler fans had to endure what Browns fans have had to endure there probably wouldn't even be a team in that town..

More BS. Hurt the players? What a pile of crap.

OK, so the LAST game of the season where the team was going to go 5-11 was a blowout and fans left. Steeler fans didn't even show up for a game that had some relevance to their making the playoffs.

I would put the loyalty of Browns fan up against that of any fan base.

Steeler fans profess to be such great fans. They stick behind their team win or tie. Lose and you guys would be a bunch of scurrying cockroaches trying to get out of the light.

I seem to remember the 2006 season, after you clowns won/were rewarded the Super Bowl by the refs. Cowher mailed in his last year, and you goofs went 6-10. The Ravens throttled you all in December, and the Steeler fans who weren't disguised as yellow seats spent more time booing then they did anything else. You mean THAT fan base?

I seem to remember the 2006 season, after you clowns won/were rewarded the Super Bowl by the refs. Cowher mailed in his last year, and you goofs went 6-10. The Ravens throttled you all in December, and the Steeler fans who weren't disguised as yellow seats spent more time booing then they did anything else. You mean THAT fan base?

I think you meant they went 8-8, but yeah that is their "glorious, holier than thou can do no wrong" fanbase.

Yeah of course they understand the history and legacy of the Cleveland Browns because they STOLE it from you.

Seriously, you're gonna make all nicey with a guy from the town that swiped your team? From a city that welcomed Modell with open arms, just so they could get NFL football back, after they whined and moaned about what Irsay did to them. And you claim Ravens fans "sympathize" with you? Yeah the same way your cellmate named Bubba sympathizes with you after he's finished giving you your reaming. "Sorry I hurt you hon, here have some Preparation H."

I figured Ravens boy would be run off this board by Brownie fans here. Instead he's given some aw-shucks salutes. Are you KIDDING ME?

Let me put it another way: that championship the "Ravens" won in 2000 would've been -- should've been -- YOURS in Cleveland if not for the city of Baltimore and its thieving ways. Ever think of that? Yeah, the Browns could've won it all, except Ray Ray and company were wearing purple instead. That long-awaited Lombardi, made possible by the basic management team that hopped over from Cleveland. Nice.

Let me remind you that Dan Rooney was one of just two owners who gave a crap whether Cleveland ever had football again. Nobody in Baltimore did.

But be my guest -- bow to your Baltimore visitor.

It's a little bit of civility that fans of the Steelers and people from Pittsburgh know nothing about. Your user name says it all.

In case you didn't realize, I didn't create this name, it's a cute little joke the sitemaster does called "change the handle to something gay and dirty." ....and funny....These guys clearly have a penchant for the homoerotic. Hey, it's the 2010s, however you roll is however you roll...

Now as for civility, I'd say swiping someone's team is a rather poor show of manners at best. Wouldn't you?

In case you didn't realize, I didn't create this name, it's a cute little joke the sitemaster does called "change the handle to something gay and dirty." These guys clearly have a penchant for the homoerotic. Hey, it's the 2010s, however you roll is however you roll...

Now as for civility, I'd say swiping someone's team is a rather poor show of manners at best. Wouldn't you?

I didn't swipe anybody's team. I simply root for the team who hails from Baltimore. If I remember correctly, we spent many, many years trying to go about getting another NFL team the right way. Because you see, while your city's team was pissing on themselves back in the 50's and 60's, my city's team, the Baltimore Colts, was busy building the NFL into what it is today. Along with teams like the Cleveland Browns and Green Bay Packers.

And to think......I thought Browns fans were delusional!

1. If you watch that Super Bowl game you will see there was plenty of bad officiating and the Steelers got screwed on several calls.............but a delusional fan is incapable of seeing that.

2. Bill Cowher might, just might, have had more important things on his mind........like his wife's life!

3. The Steeler were 8-8 in 2006, not 6-10. This is exactly what makes people say that Browns fans are disillusion! You too bozo!

4. The Ravens beat the Steelers in the last minute with our 3rd string QB playing!

If you read the posts, I corrected myself. I was remembering your 6-10 performance in 2003, and yes, you clowns finished 8-8 in 2006. If Cowher's concern for his wife prevented him from doing his job in 2006, then maybe he should have been a better husband, and walked away following the Super Bowl. Just my opinion.

Yeah, the same fan base that has plopped 20,000 Steeler fans in your own stadium taking it over. I know, I've been one of them. I've seen it myself.

The same fan base that makes the parking lots around your stadium look like a tailgate at Heinz Field when the Steelers play there.

The same fan base that caused your Raven management to panic a few years ago, and refuse to take ticket orders from the 412 area code, and ordered Ravens season ticket holders to buy the Steeler home game if they wanted extra tickets for other games.

The same fan base that had the Sun paper list all the Steeler bars in Baltimore this week. Including one non-Steeler bar that said it won't let in anyone with a Steeler jersey, because they're sick of being overrun. How many Ravens bars you wanna guess there are in Pittsburgh?

You want to talk empty seats? Go back to the '90s when you still played in Memorial Stadium. Attendance wasn't too hot til about '98 or so.

September 15, 1996: Houston Oilers at Baltimore. Total attendance a whopping 20,082. Be proud, very proud.

I'm sure if the city of Baltimore ever tanked the way the city of Pittsburgh did, causing a mass exodus of our people and fans, then more of the country would be littered with Ravens fans, the way the disgusting Steeler fans migrate to better lives and better jobs outside of that stink hole city you support.

Also, moron, but if you would have done your homework, you would've seen that the September 15, 1996 game against the Oilers, was played...IN HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!! Good job, idiot, you Steeler fans continue to prove my point.

Archived